• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 1,210 Views, 36 Comments

More In Common Than We Thought - Swift Gale



What happens when two pegasi that hate each others guts gets trapped?

  • ...
2
 36
 1,210

... The Two End Up Closer Than Ever

Alrighty! Welcome to Chapter 4 of this fic! This is going to start out with Dr. Whooves, Dark Flames, and Chromatic Reverb arriving to Ghastly Gorge at night. I'm quite surprised that there's no negative feedback yet in the comments. I thought you all would hate the fact that I'm writing a RainbowXOC fic. If not, I guess I'm writing the fic well. Anyways, let's get this started.


"Be careful and stay quiet," Dr. Whooves whispered extremely quietly. "The quarray eels are heavy sleepers, but if one wakes up, all the others will. Plus, we have to worry about rockfalls."

Dark and Chrome nodded. All three of them knew that the risk for rockfalls were brought down a little, since Swift and Rainbow zipped through earlier, but they weren't taking any chances. The three ponies started their trek through the gorge, moving quickly but carefully. The only thing they could hear was their own hoofsteps. The quarray eels were surprisingly silent, as no snoring was heard from their caves.

"If anything, Swift would've saved or been save by Rainbow Dash and would probably be stuck in a cave," Dr. Whooves infered, still whispering.

"Why do you say that, Doc?" Dark asked, also whispering.

"Well, I know Rainbow Dash won't let anypony die, no matter if she hates the pony or not," Dr. Whooves answered. "I know Swift wouldn't let anypony die because of his instincts that he inherited from his mother. If he sees somepony in danger, they almost instantly kick in and he pushes himself to save them."

"Speaking of which, where is Swift's parents?" Chrome asked.

"... Dead," Dr. Whooves answered with some obvious hesitation.

The two unicorn only stopped in shock.

"I know nothing about his mother's death besides that she was murdered," Dr. Whooves whispered. "His father died of a diesease within the same month as when his mother died. I substituted as Swift's father. I was just 27 that faithful day, when Swift's custody was given over to me by his father. Swift was barely even 4 when both the incidents happened. But, Swift know more about this than I do, since he witnessed both deaths of his morher and father. Maybe, you can ask him about it."

Both unicorns were still in shock, but they had to put that out of their mind until they found Swift and Rainbow.

Meanwhile back in the cave, Swift had pulled away from Rainbow, who's mouth was agape and her face was blushed a deep red. Rainbow couldn't believe he just kissed her. Rainbow did her initial reaction if something like that would happen to her. Swift was knocked on his back by the force of Rainbow slamming her hoof in his stomach. The impact knocked all the air out of him.

"Ow, what the hay was that for?!" Swift asked when he finally could breath.

"Sorry, I hit you a little harder than I meant to, but that was for kissing me without asking!" Rainbow responded angrily.

Swift looked at Rainbow face. She was still blushing, but she looked furious. Then, that same look was replaced with a soft smile. Her brows weren't furrowed in anger anymore and her eyes were now half-lidded.

'Huh?' Swift thought in confusion as he got back up.

He was easily pushed right back back down, since he was still a little dazed from Rainbow hitting him.

"And this is me taking it right back," Rainbow said, as she kissed him.

Swift's pain seemed to disappear once their lips made contact again. Both of them closed their eyes as the kiss went on. The world seem to disappear the longer they stayed like this. Unfortunately for them, they had to pull away for air.

"What was I gonna' say before you kissed me was that I love you too, Swift," Rainbow Dash confessed, nuzzling Swift.

Swift let a deep chuckle as he smiled and stroked her mane with his hoof. They were in this embrace for a very long time. Then, something odd happened to the cave. Crystals hidden in the cave started glowing brightly, like it was to show their location.

"Whoa," both pegasi said in awe.

What they both didn't realize was this was activated by their own confessions.

"How do you suppose that happened?" Swift asked.

"I don't kn-know," Rainbow answered, feeling a chill hit her coat.

Swift let Rainbow wrap her forehooves around his neck again, smiling at her. They then noticed the crystals glow brighter. They blushed as they realized why crystals were glowing so brightly.

"The reason why those are glowing is because-," Rainbow began before letting out a quiet gasp.

"Because we're in love," Swift said, finishing Rainbow's sentence.

Meanwhile with Dr. Whooves and the others, they were just about to pass the cave where Swift and Rainbow were trapped in, until a small beam of light hit Chrome's eyes.

"Ow, what the hay?" Chrome said quietly, looking to where the light came from.

He went over and saw the two pegasi in an embrace. He would've smiled at the sight if they didn't need help.

"Hey guys, I found them!" Chrome yelled in a hushed whisper.

When he saw them come running he looked back at the two pegasi.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Chrome whispered loudly into the cave.

Both pegasi looked at the blocked entrance to see that Chrome was there looking at them with a smirk.

"Chrome!" Swift yelled happily.

"Swift, ya there?" Dark asked, peering into one of the open gaps.

"Thank Celestia you two are alright!" Dr. Whooves exclaimed, relieved.

"Well it looks like the rescue team is here, finally," Swift said in mock disapointment.

Chrome then casted a anti-sound barrier around the cave entance, so Dark could levitate the rocks out of the way. Swift and Rainbow walked out of the cave. Swift had took the cloth on his wing off, while the entrance was being unblocked. Not very much was said between the five ponies. They were tired and decided it was time to leave. Dark teleported all five of them of the gorge.

Later on that night, Swift was lost in his thoughts. He was just blankly looking into the starry skies.

"What are you still doing up?" a voice yawned.

He turned around to see Rainbow Dash standing behind him. He had offered to escort Rainbow home and she decided to accept the offer.

"Nothing much," Swift answered. "Just thinking."

"About what?" Rainbow asked, walking next to him.

"Just thinking about today," Swift replied. "How we probably wouldn't be together if we didn't get trapped in that cave."

Rainbow kissed his cheek.

"Well you can do more thinking about that some other time," Rainbow said tiredly. "It's pretty late and you need to get some rest."

Swift nodded. Rainbow had let him sleep at her house, since he had no place of his own. The two pegasi went back in the house to rest up for tommorrow...


I just now realized how freaking cheezy and cliched this chapter sounds. I'm not going to go back and change it though. This might be one of my shortest chapters, I don't know. Anyways, peace out everypony! See you in the next chapter!