• Published 6th Jun 2016
  • 985 Views, 9 Comments

Size Matters - ZackAttack



A tiny changeling meets the Mane 6 and friends. What’s his story?

  • ...
2
 9
 985

Chip's Travels

Present day

I looked up at my older brother, who was working on something in a corner with Princess Luna watching him, and them whispering to each other. I wondered why they seemed so close. I looked up at my cousin Pinkie Pie, who seemed to have actually stopped bouncing for once, looking at me with interest. Twilight was studying me, and I saw fear in Fluttershy’s eyes. Rarity looked at me with barely-disguised disgust, while Applejack looked like she’s trying to read me. I wondered my older sisters were, since I didn't see either of them in the room. I didn't see my mom either, nor the Doctor.

My brother came back to me with a small device, which reminded me of a retainer. Suddenly, the device shrank down to my size, and Tech offered it to me. "When you put it in your mouth, it will transfer any traces of love energy from any food you eat, directly to you." He explained. "There are also some controls on it, to alter your size. Right side for increasing size, left for lowering size."

I quickly put it in my mouth, and felt for the buttons. I pressed the one on the right side with my tongue, and found myself back to my normal side. I stepped off of the table onto the floor, and grabbed my brother in an embrace. I stepped back, and looked at Princess Luna, before looking back at Tech. "Uh..." I said. "Not in any negative way, but what is Princess Luna doing here?" I asked.

My brother gave the Princess a sly grin, before looking back to me, and said, "She's my wife."

My jaw drops. “You-You’re married!?” I say, bewildered. My older brother laughs.

“You have a lot to catch up on.” Tech says. “How did this happen, anyways? Your size, as well as how you got here?” he asks.

“Well…” I said, and I began my tale.

Five years before present.

As Princess Celestia brought me into the castle, I was stunned by her kindness. “I-I don’t know how to repay you.” I said.

She looked at me and said, “No need. Just let me study you, and tell me all you know." In short, I told her everything, including how I became a changeling all those years ago. She nodded and asked me, “Is it okay if I examine your eyes?”

I said "yes", of course, and she put me under a microscope to examine my eyes. “Your eyes are very interesting.” she says to me, and, if I could, I would have blushed. Never thought I'd be complimented by a princess.

After a while, Celestia asked me to start disguising and switching disguises, and I was more than happy to oblige. She examined me with a magnifying glass, and scribbled furiously using her magic.

Soon, I got completely overwhelmed, and Celestia let me rest for a bit. When I woke up, it was already morning. Celestia accompanied me outside, and sent me off with a small sword built by her blacksmiths, as well as some armor, black like a changeling exoskeleton, and I flew off.

Four years before present.

I flew towards the nearest cloud I saw, and looked around. I noticed a familiar cloud house nearby. Rainbow? I wondered. I flew over to it, and through the open window. I found myself in a spacious kitchen, with plenty of Wonderbolt posters everywhere. Definitely Rainbow, I thought to myself. I landed on the counter, but then a strong gust of wind pushed my off of the counter.

I caught myself with my wings, and saw a certain cyan pegasus outside. I sighed, thinking, This better go better than last time. I flew towards her, but I couldn’t keep up because…well, she’s Rainbow Dash. The fastest mare alive. I chuckled to myself. I decided to attempt to predict where she was going to fly next, and I noticed a pattern. So I got in her way, and her face slammed into me, and she stopped, as surprising as it may seem.

“What the hay!?” Rainbow exclaimed, surprised.

“Rainbow! It’s me!” I said, standing directly on her muzzle.

She panicked, looking around, but then looked down at me. “Who the hell are you, and why are you so small?” she asked.

“It's me, Computer Chip! And, I…it’s a long story.” I responded, and she brought me inside of her house, and then I told her everything that had happened.

“Wow. You met Princess Celestia!” she said to me, sounding excited.

“Rainbow, I still need some help getting to Ponyville.” I said, and she nodded slowly.

“Let me just pack,” she says. “I’ve been wanting to move there.” She trots out of the room, and comes back a moment later, with a single suitcase.

Minutes later, we were flying to Ponyville! However, a sudden gust of wind blew me off of Rainbow’s back. I was too shocked to scream before it was too late. Falling through the air, I saw Rainbow continue to fly away. I hit the ground, and I couldn’t move because I was still in shock. I got my bearings back, and got up, but Rainbow had already left this area. I looked around, and found myself on a hill. I felt something wrong with my wings, and noticed that they were broken. I sighed, and looked around. I was in a desert, but I saw buildings in the distance. I began my trek towards the group of buildings.

~~~

I snuck into one of the houses, and found it empty. I went around, and checked to see if there were any neighbors. Luckily, there was a couple living next door, meaning that there was enough love energy for me to feed off of.

Two years before present.

I heard the door of the house I had been living in open, and then close. Recently, I had discovered that I was in the Badlands, but, clearly, my time was running out. I quickly hid, and saw a griffin walk in slowly, looking around, his eyes narrowing. He then walked out of the room, and returned with an item I thought only existed in other dimensions, that I had only seen in the TARDIS' database. "A shotgun..." I whispered to myself in awe.

He pumped the shotgun, and raised it. "Who the hell is in my bucking house?" he shouted. I froze. He knew I was here. After what seemed like forever, he lowered the shotgun, and I noticed something wrong with his wings. Instead of feathers at the end of each wing, he had razor blades attached. I covered my mouth to prevent any sound from coming out. I was living in the house of a very dangerous person.

One year before present.

I examined the map I had found. I had set my path for Ponyville, and was reviewing it. The couple next door had left a couple days ago, and I couldn't go without love energy for much longer. I packed up what little I had. I lost my sword a long time ago, as well as my helmet. I walked out of the mousehole I had been living in, and came face-to-barrel with a shotgun. The griffin grinned. "Gotcha." he said, aiming down the sights.

I swallowed, but then I saw hesitation in his eye. He put down the shotgun. "Look, I probably look like an idiot doing this, but I have really good eyes. Really good eyes. And your don't look like any kind of vermin I've seen before, and I've seen just about all of them." He paused, and leaned down to pick me up, and I closed my eyes. "Who are you?" he said.

I realized that, despite my appearance, I was still distinctly pony-shaped. "M-my name is Computer Chip. Please don't hurt me." I said, fearing for my life.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I'm trying to get home to my brother, in Ponyville." I responded, eyes still tightly shut.

"I see. What's your brother's name?" he asked.

"Techno Geek." I answered.

I heard him mutter, "That bastard!" I opened my eyes, and he looked back down at me. "Alright, I'll take you to Ponyville. I need to have a talk with Tech." I breathed a sigh of relief.

The next day, we left.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the lack of any update, but...