• Published 27th May 2016
  • 225 Views, 0 Comments

Two in the Space - Josh Crapo



How well can Air Vent adapt into a changeling society? Just give it time.

  • ...
 0
 225

Quiet Until the End

June 10, 2159

So, now that I’m a changeling, could I change back to my former self? Waking up, I think about this and try to find out. So, as it looks like, I can change into my former self; it just takes a little practice.

So, Aura Draft comes back to my room as I change back to my presently natural form as a changeling.

“Hey Air Vent. Ready to go to yakyakistan?”

“So, should I stay the same way I am now when I go or change into my former self?”

“Definitely former self. You don’t want to cause a disturbance in the crowd.”

“Okay.”

I change to my former self again, this time more accurately, and head out of the room.

Queen Shell comes with three changelings behind her.

“So, Dry Stone contacted me and she said she’ll be going to Yakyakistan this time. And so are her other friends.”

“What about the nine changelings that helped us out during the New Dust Ride?”

“Yes, they will be attending.”

Queen Shell, at that moment, spots me.

“Vent, I know this may be hard for you. But I’m still here for you, and so is Aura Draft.”

I give Queen Shell a hug, who hugs back and rubs my back.

“So, where are they?”

“They are already on their way over to Halma.”

“Oh. Then should we go now?”

“Correct, Vent.”

Queen Shell leads me, Aura Draft and the three changelings out of my house.

At Halma, I see a huge graveyard. Looking at the tombstones, this one hasn’t been used for a while. I could barely read any of them. Suddenly, I come across a long box and everyone stops. After six other changelings and seven ponies we’re waiting for come, we gather around the box.

After we talk about everything we miss about Mom and how amazing it was to have her around, some stirring within the ponies begin to arise about me. When i look down, I see I’m in my natural self instead of my former self.

When the changelings and Aura Draft leave as I’m behind them, one of the ponies calls me over.

“Who knew one changeling could destroy the reputation of their entire race.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’ll find out sooner or later.”

-----

I get home and change into my former self until I realize I accidently changed to my natural self when I was holding back my tears.

Changing back once again, I get to bed. After a long walk to Halma and back, it’s time I took a rest. Two hours later, the door bursts open in the living room and the bargers make so much of a racket, I fall off my bed from them thumping.

Finally, the bargers reveal to be three changeling officers when they barge into my room. Suddenly, my wings are locked in place.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?”

“Ma’am, you’re under arrest. You will remain earthbound and silent until you arrive at court.”

No! I’m being accused! I haven’t done a thing wrong!

We make it to the Changico City Detention Center and I wait for any changeling that will stop by to say hello at the very least. If I’m lucky some changeling could represent me.

Moments after my thoughts flare, someone comes in front of me.

“Air Vent.”

“Aura Draft?”

“I’m so sorry this is happening to you. I wish there was a way I could get you out of here.”

“Well, there’s one way.”

“To represent you?”

“Yes. You used to come over whenever Mom was out, so you know the most about me.”

“I’m up for it if you are, Venty.”

“Thank you so much Aura Draft.”

Most of the time I thank Aura Draft for something, it’s usually something I don’t need like going out for supper or a piece of candy. This time, I really really need it. I don’t know what’s going to happen to me, so I need all the help I can get now.

Aura Draft smiles and walks away.