• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 1,152 Views, 23 Comments

Facing Your Demons - Naryyn



Fluttershy has an accident that affects everyone.

  • ...
2
 23
 1,152

An End to Energy

“Questions build who we are. They define the choices we take, which in turn can make or break us.”

“Why are you always so damned cheerful all the time?” Applejack screamed into Pinkie Pie’s face. Tears streamed down her face as she yelled at her energetic friend for the first time since they’ve known each other. It has been two months since Fluttershy’s accident and they were at Granny Smith’s funeral. Pinkie Pie had just commented on how great the reception was going to be with an ear to ear grin. Applejack had snapped and instantly regretted it, seeing Pinkie’s grin slowly fade to nothing. Not being able to bear the look on her friend’s face, Applejack turned and started running.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie stared after her friend as she ran away. The question hit home but Pinkie couldn’t answer it. I’ve always been like this, I can’t help it. I see someone sad and I want to cheer them up but parties are the only way I know how. Shaking her head she walked to the door and headed home.

That night as Pinkie Pie laid in bed her thoughts were running wild trying to answer the question. Why did Applejack yell at me? She has never done that before. She has always been the nicest pony I know. I wonder if a party would cheer her up?

No no that is what caused the problem in the first place.

Maybe she’s right, maybe I am too energetic and cheerful. Ever since Rainbow Dash’s first sonic rainboom I always want to make everyone smile and be happy. Pinkie Pie frowned and rolled onto her side, This is very confusing my friends never complained about my energy before, why bring it up now?

You're right Pinkie, your friends never complained, but maybe it has always been on their minds they just couldn’t bring it up.

No I’m sure they would have if it was really a problem. I think they are still upset because of Fluttershy. Sure it was a horrible accident and she still hasn’t woken up but I’m sure she will soon.

She might wake up then what? She brings it up as well and then everyone will start to accuse you of being too cheerful.

No! I refuse to believe they all think the same thing, there has to be another reason for it all!

And what if there isn’t? What will you do then? Try to pretend to be normal or calm? Sure it might work for a little bit but eventually they will see through your ruse.

Pinkie started to sob, It’s true! I wouldn’t be able to control myself for very long! They will start to hate me and I’ll be all alone again. I don’t want to be alone, it’s a terrible life to go through.

Yes it is, but what if it doesn’t have to be that way?

What do you mean? There is nothing that I can do that will let me keep my friends.

You just need to actually change, not pretend to be something you’re not. If it happens right you can keep your friends and be a changed pony.

But what about parties? Will I have to stop partying too? That doesn’t seem like a very fun lifestyle.

Oh you can keep the party going but it will be different.

How will it be different? A party is a party no matter who throws it.

If you were to become an event planner you could still throw parties, but only to the requirements of those who hired you. The party would be different but you would get paid for it. Also with your baking skills there would be no need to hire a catering service.

Sniffling Pinkie cheered up, That sounds like a great idea, I could have my own business just like my dad. I don’t like the thought of having to throw parties that I don’t normally do, but I can deal with it, if it means I can keep partying.

Now to handle the energy problem, do you remember the rainboom that made you who you are?

Of course I do, it was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. What about it?

When that happened it fired off a wrong synapse in your brain, shutting down the rational side. The effect of this caused an over abundance of energy and a short attention span. To reverse this you must let me return and fix what has been undone.

Wait, so you aren’t me? I thought I was talking to myself. Who are you?

I am you Pinkie. I am who you were always meant to be, until the rainboom locked me away inside your mind.

So if I let you fix me then will I be locked away like you were?

No I do not blame you for what happened. You will still be you just a more calm, collected, and intelligent you. I just want to be part of your life again and I want to help make it better than it is now.

That sounds like fun! I would like to be more intelligent and not be locked away. I’m all for you fixing me, how soon can you do it?

Great! I’ll be able to do it tonight while you are sleeping. You will wake up tomorrow and notice the changes. I’m sure you’ll enjoy your new take on life.

Sweet! Good night other me!

Good night Pinkie Pie this will be the last time we talk to each other.

What? Why? I really like you!

After the process is finished we will be together as one, so I will always be with you but we won’t be able to speak with each other.

Oh...well good bye, I will miss you.

Good bye Pinkie Pie, and sweet dreams.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning was wonderful for Pinkie Pie. Waking up she felt more balanced than she usually did. She was right, I’m still me, just a better me. Smiling she stepped into the shower to wash what was left of her old self away. As she dried herself off she noticed that her mane and tail didn’t immediately explode into the tangled mess it usually was. Wow I like this look but it does seem a little long, I’ll have to get it fixed later.

Walking down the stairs she saw Mr. and Mrs. Cake getting ready to open the shop. “Good morning Cakes! I have an announcement to make.”

Mrs. Cake turned and gawked, “Pinkie! What have you done with your mane? You look like a completely different pony!”

“Do you like it? I’m going to go get it trimmed later. Anyways my announcement, I’m going to be moving out this week.”

“Moving out? Dear are you sure? You have been living upstairs for a long time why move now?”

“I want to give you guys some more room now that you have babies. I also want to start my own business, so living in a bakery won’t give me a very good image.”

“Well we support you in your decision Pinkie, what will you be doing?” Mr. Cake joined in, curious of the sudden change.

Pinkie headed for the door, “I’m going to be a professional event planner, now if you’ll excuse me I have some things to take care of.” With that she left the couple standing there with open mouths.

Breathing in the morning air she thought to herself, now first things first I need a haircut. Cheerfully she pranced to the salon noticing that all her extra energy was gone. Wow I feel so much better now! Things are going to be a whole lot better from here on out.