• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 2,343 Views, 36 Comments

Caramel Rainbows - Cinnamon Clover



Love is in the air for Rainbow Dash and Caramel, especially with a foal on the way!

  • ...
10
 36
 2,343

Chapter One: A Visit To The Doctor & A Visit From A Sister

DISCLAIMER: I do not own My Little Pony: Frienship is Magic (Hasbro), Rainbow Dash (Hasbro), Apple Jack (Hasbro), Caramel (Hasbro), Rose (Cubette), ninty-five percent of the characters in this story (Hasbro unless otherwise stated at end of chapter) or Give To Good Home (Cubette). All I own is this story and the other things I have written.


Summary: A new member to the Apple family is on the way after Rainbow and Caramel find out she’s expecting.


Chapter One: A Visit To The Doctor & A Visit From A Sister


Caramel held his fiance’s hoof, anxiously awaiting the results of the test. Rainbow had not been feeling well the last few weeks. At first they thought it was a cold, but it didn’t get better. In fear that she might be really sick, Caramel insisted that she go to see his older unicorn brother, Stable Condition.

In what felt like hours but in all actuality was just a few minutes Stable returned with the results and a smile on his face.

“Caramel, I must ask that you leave the room for a moment for Rainbow’s confidentiality.” He said.

The younger brother gave his fiancé a reassuring pat on the back and a hug before leaving the room.

“So Stable, how bad is whatever I got?” Rainbow asked trying to remain calm though she was a nervous wreck.

“Rainbow, nothing is wrong with you! In fact, I owe you a congratulations!” the older brother congratulated.

“For what exactly?” Rainbow asked her fiance’s brother. Is it that I’m not sick? Nah, that doesn’t sound right…

“You’re going to be a mom in about ten months!” he cheered, answering Rainbow’s in mind question.

“That means…” she started before shrieking in excitement.

“Rainbow what’s going on? What’s with the screaming?” the caramel brown earth pony questioned as he ran into the room.

Rainbow ran up to him and gave him a giant bear hug.

“I’m pregnant” she said softly, tears of joy rolling down her cheeks.

“What, that’s great Dashie!” he cheered, returning the hug to his fiancé.

He then turned to his brother and thanked him for seeing them. Stable gave them a few pregnancy pamphlets and a prescription for special vitamins for the soon to be mom. After getting the prescription filled, the couple walked back to Caramel’s apartment.


LATER THAT NIGHT


Rainbow saw herself saw herself as a foal being put into the box that she was found in by Rose all those years ago. But suddenly the mare became visible. It was her! She was putting her foal in the “Give To Good Home” box just as her birth mom did with her. The foal cried and cried but she was gone and the foal was all alone.

Rainbow woke up in a cold sweat, arousing her fiancé.

“Dash, you ok?” the chocolate brown maned stallion asked.

“Yeah, just a bad dream.” She replied before silently continuing, I hope.


Ding-dong!

The doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it!” Rainbow said as she went to answer the door.

She opened it to reveal her sister, Apple Jack, who was wearing an expression of deep concern.

“Hey, AJ! Why don’t you come in for a minute?” the cyan pegasus greeted.

“How ya feelin’, Sugercube?” the orange mare asked as she stepped inside, the concern very evident in her voice, “Ah heard ya haven’t been feelin’ too good.”

“Never better!” Rainbow replied.

“Are ya sure? Ah heard ya went ta see Stable yesterday and screamed when ya got the results.” she asked again if nothing more than to confirm.

“Yes, I did scream but that’s because I felt lighter than air after I got them.” Rainbow said chuckling.

“Wait, wha-” Apple Jack started before her rainbow maned sister interrupted her

“AJ, you’re going to be an aunt.” Rainbow said calmly but happily.

It took a millisecond to put the pieces together.

“Rainbow, Ah’m so happy for you and Caramel!” AJ congratulated.

“Me and Caramel were going to head over to tell the family after he got off from work. We were a little worried about how Big Mac was going to react, though.” the mother to be admitted.

“Ah won’t tell em, ya’ll have ta do that. Don’t worry bout Big Mac, though. He’s gonna be excited to be an uncle and he trusts Caramel ta take care of ya.” her orange companion assured her, “Wait it is Caramel, isn’t it?”

“AJ!” Rainbow Dash chastised her sister.

“Sorry, but I just wanna make sure.” The orange work pony replied, “Big Mac will just be super excited ta have a niece or nephew.

“Great, now AJ if you could excuse me for a minute.” Rainbow said before rushing over to the bathroom and more specifically, the toilet where she emptied her breakfast.

“Sugercube, ya ok?” AJ asked between the sounds of Rainbow retching.

About a minute later the mare exited the bathroom

“Yeah, I’m fine. That just means the foal’s developing properly.” the said pegasus replied.

“Ya sure?” her orange sister asked again just to make sure.

“Yes, I’m sure” the mother to be replied.

“Would ya like some company while Caramel is at work?” her companion offered.

“Yes, Yes, I would. It’s been a long time since we could talk by ourselves.” the cyan mare agreed, “How are you and Soarin’ doing?”

“Pretty good except Ah barely get ta see him ‘cause of his job.” AJ replied.

“I’m almost 100% sure his contract is the only thing that is keeping you two apart and the first chance he gets he’ll stay for good. You two were meant for each other!” Rainbow assured her.

“You’re probably right ‘bout that.” the orange mare agreed with her sister, “He’s visitin’ in a few days by the way.”

“I bet you’re excited to see him again, aren’t you AJ?” Rainbow asked her softly.

“Ya can read me like an open book, Rainbow.” AJ said with a sigh and a soft chuckle, "Yeah, Ah am."