• Published 16th May 2016
  • 351 Views, 4 Comments

Sunset and Quickheart: Friends Forever - DaiAtlas2016



This is my story, of how I became the pet of who I think is the greatest pony in the world: Sunset Shimmer. My name is Quickheart, and I'm a Pygmy Dragon. And these are the adventures I had with her. Until she was banished. I just hope I'll see her a

  • ...
 4
 351

Heartbreaker and the Last Straw

Luna looked at the empty pages in the album and asked, "Why are there no pictures there?"

"It was after her father died, she stopped taking pictures....it's pretty sad...", I replied through thought.

Luna sighed, "It's always the innocent that pay the price....always."

I agreed, "I know what you mean, it's just like about 5 years ago, nothing could've prepared us for what happened on her 16th birthday....."

"What happened?", asked Luna, I had her hooked.

"Well....let's see if my memory serves me right......"


Fall 1991.....

It was when Sunset hit her "Sweet 16" in 1991, that things went for the worse. She had become a teacher at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns (Reminds me TOO MUCH of Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters!), and moved out into an apartment. I, of course, came along, we left Mrs. Shimmer and Timothy alone, but we visited often. It was the night we were having her birthday party.

Mrs. Shimmer and Timothy came over while Sunset was at work, to decorate. Then Twilight and her friend, Cadance, who had broken up with Shining, over something about cotton candy, showed up, along with Carl. I was rather proud of myself for the restraint I showed in biting off his legs.

When she got back, those of us who could talk shouted, "Surprise! Happy Birthday!"

Sunset was thrilled! It was then that ponies came in by the dozen, even her students. After cake and presents, they had a dance. After Sunset finished dancing with one of her students, she turned and found Carl and Cadance talking in the corner.

Perfectly normal,until they kissed. Sunset cracked. She ran over to Carl and smacked him across the face, time stood still.

"I thought we were together!!! I thought you were my Prince Charming!!!", she screamed, tears streaming from her eyes.

"Sorry, Shimmer. But I found me a REAL princess. Maybe you'll find your Prince Charming when you look in the garbage dumpster!", he laughed, making Cadance glare in shock.

"You never told me you already had a marefriend!", Cadance growled, punching his nose and leaving to find Twilight.

But the damage was done. Sunset ran out of the apartment, crying. Twilight and I followed.

"Sunset! Come back!", Twilight shouted, her hooves carrying her as fast as she could.

I barked, for I was very concerned. Sunset found an alley, and ran into it. We found her seated next to a garbage dumpster, crying her heart out. I hopped up next to her and nuzzled her.

"Quickheart.....", she sobbed, picking me up and hugging me tightly, "You're the only guy who loves me....for who I am.....you're my Prince Charming!"

I didn't care about whether my just groomed fur was getting wet with her tears, or that we were sitting in a damp, dirty alley. I was just happy she's okay, for heartbreak can sometimes lead fillies and mares to drastic measures....too drastic for me to think about.

"Are you okay?", Twilight asked, after 5 minutes of watching her cry in me.

Sunset sniffed, "Yes....I think so....thank you, Twilight. You and Quickheart are my best friends....I don't know what I'd do without you....."

"It's okay, Sunset. Let's get you home....", Twilight smiled.

Back at our apartment, everyone was cheering, because Shining Armor had shown up, kicked out Carl, and apologized to Cadance, and now they were back together again.

Mrs. Shimmer ran over to Sunset and asked, "Oh my dear! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Mom. Thanks to Twilight and Quickheart.", she smiled, hugging Mrs. Shimmer.

She then turned to me, "And now that he's out of my life, we can spend more time together! What do you think, boy?"

I gave a happy yelp. But I'm afraid it wasn't the for the better......


Present Time.....

Luna gasped, "Oh my. That must hurt her every time she thinks about it!"

"Yes, it was another thing that drove her to try and steal Twilight's crown, before it was Twilight's. She figured that if she was an alicorn, everyone would love her.", I sighed, having finished the last tomato, much to Luna's disappointment.

"Well, you seem to take all this very lightly.", Luna observed, "You don't even act at all excited and angry at her. Why?"

I smiled, "I could never get mad at Sunset, she helped me become the Pygmy Dragon I am today. I just wish I could've done the same..."

Luna smiled back, "Oh, Quickheart! You're a very big part of who she is! Without you, she'd be very empty. You're special to her. Oh, and thanks! You've actually helped me get over my allergies!"

"No problem, I think....", I said with a grain of doubt.

"Oh, Quickheart! Don't be so modest! I'm sorry about Cadance. When I told her about you, she went crazy, she always wanted to pet a Pygmy Dragon, but you were upset...so she decided to leave you alone.", Luna laughed.

I sighed, "Unfortunately, there was one more thing that set her off, off to try and steal the crown...."

"And what was that?", Luna asked.

"Oh my, it was something awful, it pushed the last button! It all started back in the summer of 1993......"


Summer 1993......

It was a beautiful sunny day, probably the most beautiful I had seen so far, we were walking through town with Twilight. We passed by Carl, who was juggling chainsaws.

"Hey, Shimmer! Check this out!", he laughed, throwing up the chainsaws and juggling them in the air.

"I'm not talking to you, Carl!", Sunset growled, ignoring him.

It was then that I heard a "Whoops" from Carl, and Sunset and Twilight screaming, before I passed out....


Present Time.....

Luna was hooked, she was waiting for me to finish.

"Well? Well? What happened?", she asked frantically.

I showed her my tail, she gasped.

"It got sliced off, and was replaced by this cybernetic tail. It comes in handy though, what with the can opener and everything else! But that was the last straw for Sunset! She was tired of life treating her like crap. She was going to try and beat life by becoming an alicorn.", I answered.

"But it isn't just like Poof! Or anything like that! How'd she expect to accomplish her goal?", Luna asked.

"I'll tell you. Tomorrow. It's past my bedtime, good night, Luna!", I smiled, curling up and closing my eyes.

"Fine....I'll see you tomorrow, Quickheart. Sleep well....", she smiled back, closing the door and turning off the lights.