• Published 31st May 2016
  • 7,241 Views, 81 Comments

Grave - PioneerofImagination



They thought she was jealous and protective of her brother but they were dead wrong and now she's gone. Ever since they left in that room she's been gone. For 3 long years & now with a new threat they need her now more then ever.

  • ...
17
 81
 7,241

Chapter 5 The Attack on Canterlot

Canterlot the capital of the wonderful land that is Equestria and the domain of the royal pony sisters who do everything in their power to maintain harmony within their land. However beneath the capital found on the mountain are a long series of caves once home to greedy unicorns that tried to claim the gems inside. And for a short while was a prison for Princess Cadence and Twilight Sparkle, but now it's the secret hiding place of Dr. Wily and his entire robot army or what was left of it. Somehow Dr. Wily was able to move his entire fortress after Cadence and Twilight's rescue. The robots haven't been seen since because Dr. Wily ordered all his robots to wait at the fortress for 1 last big attack on the ponies, with the exception of 2 Magnet Man who returned just before the fortress teleported after a run in with Mega Man.

Magnet Man has been given the mission of collecting the parts of all the defeated robots, the ponies have been placing them in huge piles outside where the robots attacked. Because of his magnetic powers it wasn't hard especially since the robot helping him could help collect the robots parts too and fast. Dr. Wily was working on a plan to rebuild his robots much faster to help for the big attack. "And with that we'll have all the alicorn magic and at long last I will finally be unstoppable," Dr. Wily said to his Robot Masters except Magnet Man who wasn't back yet.

"Is it really going to be that easy?" Asked Napalm Man.

"What are you talking about?" Wily said answering Napalm Man's question with a question.

"He's perhaps referring to the royal pony sisters," Pharaoh Man said. "They might even have defeated all the robots that attacked Canterlot all by themselves."

"True but it wasn't easy for them," Wily said. "It's a safe bet that they are both weakened but won't be much longer so we should attack as soon as possible."

Bass then let out an annoyed grunt. "We could have attacked a lot sooner but you wanted to wait."

"You know why Bass."

"We don't," Said Slash Man.

"Oh that's true I haven't told the rest of you yet."

"Are you going to tell us?" asked Metal Man who stayed quiet until know.

"Of course!" Answered Dr. Wily.

"Probably a good idea," Bass said with a bad attitude still in his tone.

"Bass was helping me with a new function to my portal."

"New function?"

"Yes Napalm Man a new function."

"What kind of new function?"

"The kind that will make me unstoppable!"

"Now that is interesting," Pharaoh Man said clearly taking interest in what Dr. Wily said. "Just what is this new function?"

"You see my portal will soon have the power to repair my machines instantly."

All the robots were instantly surprised at the answer. The robots couldn't believe what they just heard. Bass was the first to respond. "How in the world can it do that?"

"Why with the supply of magic of course."

"I thought the alicorn magic was going to used to power your Wily Machine 8?" Asked Metal Man breaking his silence again.

"It is I'm using a different magic. When I sent Magnet Man out I sent Yellow Devil with him to kidnap the first unicorn he saw then return here with Magnet Man after he got a huge portion of the defeated robots from Canterlot."

The Yellow Devil while not a Robot Master was still a very powerful, when Magnet Man collected the broken machines Yellow Devil ponynapped a fashion pony by the name of Sassy Saddles. She was taken beneath Canterlot and was given the same treatment as Twilight and Cadence bound and gagged to a support beam then robbed of her magic. Dr. Wily then got straight to work on the portal's new function but the machine became unstable and shoot out several unstable energy sparks. One of which hit Sheep Man dead on who didn't really seem affected and simply walked off. Dr. Wily and the other robots were so focused on the portal and what just happened none of them noticed Sheep Man leave.

After some quick research Dr. Wily discovered that the unicorn magic wasn't strong enough for the new function, but it was strong enough to help power the portal if it had the magic from 2 other unicorns. The repair function however would require the magic of an alicorn for it to work properly and so the final parts of the plan were made. Luna and Celestia would have their magic stolen to help Cadence's magic power the Wily Machine 8 while the magic of 2 other unicorns would be stolen along the magic of the baby alicorn Flurry Heart, who at this moment was on her way to Canterlot with her parents. Cadence decided to go to Canterlot with Shining Armor and bring his parents to have a family reunion with Twilight. But little do they know that this will make it all the more easier for Wily's plan as Yellow Devil reported this information when he return with Magnet Man.

"Every last one just like you asked for Dr. Wily."

"Excellent work Magnet Man now get ready for the attack on Canterlot."

"Right away boss."

"Finally after 3 years the end result of my plan is within my reach. I will be able to rebuild my army again and again in no time at all. I will rule my world and this one with an iron fist. Mega Man will finally fall before me and the best part, oh the very best part I will finally get the best of Dr. Light." Wily then let out a wicked laugh that echoed through the room.

***

Shining Armor after arriving in Canterlot wanted to beg Twilight for forgiveness and tell her how much he loves her then take her to a big family reunion party. But sadly that plan wouldn't come to action for just as he was about to see her, the robots attacked. Shining Armor told his parents to get his wife and daughter to safety while he kept the robots away, luckily a friend of the family was close by and he had several sons tough enough to be royal guards. While they got to safety Shining Armor took down all the robots in the area except for the robot dog that got away. But with the robots gone and his family safe he could use his shield spell to force all the robots out of Canterlot. But this was another plan that wouldn't come to action.

Metal Man one of Doctor Wily's Robot Masters set his eyes on Shining Armor and planned to use a saw blade to take his head clean off. After seeing him effortlessly take down half a dozen robots he had to take down Shining Armor as soon as possible. But Shining Armor's training as a royal guard taught him to keep an eye on his surrounding and instinctively dodged the saw blade before it even scratched him. "Not bad," Metal Man said as he jumped down the house he was on.

"I should be before I was the prince of the Crystal Empire I was captain of the royal guard." Metal Man then got closer and got out more saw blades.

"But let's see if you can dodge all of these!"

"Challenged accepted," Shining Armor said as Metal Man threw half a dozen saw blades right at him. He did this knowing that Shining Armor couldn't in fact dodge all of them. So Instead he simply caught all the saw blades with his magic in midair. Metal Man could see in the prince's eyes exactly what he was planning.

"Uh oh." Was all Metal Man had time to say before his own saw blades cut him to shreds.

"Well that wasn't half bad," said another robot on top of a small house close to where Shining Armor was. "But don't let it go to your head that was mostly his own fault for using a weapon he knows can be used against him. Honestly I don't know why Wily keeps rebuilding him."

"Who are you?"

"I am Dr. Wily's greatest robot my name is Bass." Upon answering his questions Shining Armor gave Bass a look of pure rage. "What's the matter cat got your-" Bass then stopped talking as he jumped to the ground instinctively to dodge a huge magic beam from Shining Armor. "Tongue?"

"So you're the robot that took my sister away 3 years ago."

"Your sister? You mean that purple unicorn?"

"Her name is TWILIGHT SPARKLE! Do you have any idea how much suffering you caused me and the rest of our family. Do you have any idea how much sadness you brought to her friends and to Princess Celestia?"

"Ask me if I care first." Upon his respond Shining Armor fire another powerful beam at Bass who this time decided to simply block it. While the magic pushed him back a few feet Bass was able to endure the attack with ease. "Is that the best you can do? That may work with Guts Man but not with me." Shining Armor began to breath heavy as the few attacks took a lot out of him just like when his wife fought Guts Man.

"Far from it," Shining answered as he fell to the ground a little.

"Oh really?"

"Maybe not but I'm still in this fight." The aura around Shining Armor's horn started to get bigger then it normally does. "I'm focusing all the magic I have left into one last attack block it if you dare!"

"I'm sure I could but I'd rather do this." Bass then turned one of his arms into a cannon that began to charge energy. "Let's see if you can handle this." Shining Armor and Bass's attacks then collided. At first the 2 attacks seemed equal as neither one moved that much when they hit but soon Bass's attacked charged all the way to Shining Armor.

Shining Armor had neither the time or energy to dodge as it not only hit him but knocked him into a store. On the ground and on the verge of passing out Shining Armor began to cry. "I'm sorry Twilight, I did my best I'm sorry please forgive me I'm sorry." Shining Armor then lost consciousness still crying.

"Pretty good for a pony but not good enough to take me down but then again what is?" Bass then turned the cannon back into an arm. "Dr. Wily said he needed 2 unicorns to power the portal. But I'm not taking you all the way to the fortress it's bad enough I did that once that's a job for one of the junk robots. Besides I was told to make sure we got what we wanted here so I'm just following orders.

Just then a scream was heard from where Cadence was at. "FLURRY HEART SHINING ARMOR WHERE ARE YOU? FLURRY HEART IS GONE SOMETHING TOOK HER PLEASE WE HAVE TO HELP HER! Bass could then tell from the screaming that his mission was completed then took off. SHINING PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP I CAN BARELY MOVE FLURRY HEART COME BACK SOMEPONY HELP CELESTIA LUNA TWILIGHT ANYPONY PLEASE!

***

Princess Celestia was resting in her bed while protectively holding her student, but when the robots attacked Canterlot Princess Celestia had to act. After getting out of bed she put a bubble or silence around it to make sure Twilight could keep sleeping she sent half her royal guards to protect the citizens and fight off the robots, most of them were heading straight to the castle. The other half remained at the castle to help the royal pony sisters keep the robots at bay, this way the guards could attack from both the front and back of the robot army. Mega Man described what the Robot Masters looked like so she could keep a look out for them then she and Luna could take them down themselves. When the Robot Masters arrived together they failed to notice the princesses fly above and scattered them by hitting them with a combined beam, who themselves not notice Bass enter the castle.

"Bass are you in the castle?" Dr. Wily asked from a monitor that he gave to Bass to talk to him during the attack.

"Of course I'm in here!" Bass said obviously angrily.

"Calm down Bass."

"I'm not a spy I am a fighter."

"First things first, status report."

"The Robot Masters made it through but then got scattered however they seem fine."

"Good have Pharaoh Man and Napalm Man made it to the support beams yet?" Bass then saw heard an explosion then ran towards it to see that Napalm Man made a hole and he jumped through it with Pharaoh Man. "There on it."

"Good you can leave the castle now."

"I can?"

"Yes even if Mega Man gets here it will be too late. But I do want you to head to the train station to make sure Yellow Devil and Metal Man get their target."

"Fine," Bass said still willing to follow Dr. Wily's orders, for now. Meanwhile 2 Robot Masters made their way to the royal pony sisters. Slash Man was fighting Princess Luna while Princess Celestia was in a battle with Magnet Man, both princesses were with hoof picked royal guards to help them fight since they were still injured.

"Surrender now and we shall spare you!" Princess Luna said in the royal Canterlot voice.

"No chance," Slash Man replied.

Luna then went back to her normal voice. "Very well then guards seize him." The guards followed their order and attacked the Robot Master only to be trapped in a strange sticky red liquid. "What the?" Luna said confused and in that confusion she herself was trapped as well. "What is this?"

"It's a special red adhesive I use to trap my enemies."

"Interesting."

"Why is it interesting?"

"Because about 3 years ago Canterlot was attacked by an army of Changelings. My sister and I tried to defeat their queen but we failed and were trapped in cocoons."

"I see so this brings back rather unpleasant memories."

"Yes although the difference back then other than it was green and there was a lot more of it, the cocoons were stronger." Princess Luna then broke free of the adhesive while her guards were still trapped she was about to use magic to free them, but Slash Man attacked her and she just barely dodged.

"You may have broken my adhesive but these claws are strong enough to destroy asteroids." Princess Luna then fired several beams while flying back keeping her distance but Slash Man avoided all the attacks. "It doesn't matter how strong your magic is if it can't hit me, you'll have to do better then that." The aura of Luna's magic then surround several pillars that all slammed into Slash Man then Luna used magic to place the pillars to the way they were before.

"Is that better?"

"Yes." Slash Man was then hit from behind by several spears. It was the royal guards that are now free from the adhesive. "Your guards but how?"

"I used magic to free them."

"When did you, of course the magic beams from earlier you missed me on purpose."

"Yes pretty smart huh?"

"Princess our apologies for getting caught so easily," said one guard.

"It's okay let's just finish this guy." Just then Slash Man jumped over Princess Luna and started running away mostly by jumping on the walls. Luna and her guards gave chase and Slash Man made sure they didn't lose him, Dr. Wily assigned Magnet Man and Slash Man to fight the royal sisters and defeat them but if they couldn't stall them until Napalm Man and Pharaoh Man did their part. However if one needed help they were told to go to the other so they could fight together Slash Man hoped for his sake Magnet Man was having better luck then him. He was, Magnet Man was able to throw around the few guards because of their armor.

In the end Celestia had to order her guards to aid the other guards fighting the robot army outside, if they stayed Magnet Man would be much harder to beat. Magnet Man tried to force the guards to stay but they were able to get to the battlefield when Celestia rushed Magnet Man hitting him with several powerful magic beams. That was when Slash Man showed up with Luna and her guards. "That's more like it," Magnet Man said as he tried to draw the guards to him but Princess Celestia put a magic wall between Magnet Man and the guards.

"Sister what happened to your guards?"

"This robot can move things magnetic so I sent them away with their armor to aid the other guards, you should do the same."

"Princess we can just take off our armor," said one of the guards.

"If you do you'll be easier to defeat and Magnet Man will still use the armor to help him fight."

"She's right you helped me damage my opponent now please go help the other guards," Luna ordered and so her guards followed her orders and left leaving the Royal Pony Sisters to fight the Robot Masters 2 on 2.

"So It's just the 4 of us now," said Slash Man.

Magnet Man then noticed the injuries on Slash Man. "How could you let yourself be injured that much?"

"Me, you look like you're 1 blast from blowing up."

"Perhaps you 2 would like to give up then?" Asked Princess Celestia.

"You wish we'll never give up until we capture you," said Magnet Man.

"You'll need a miracle for that," Luna said.

"Well we don't have that but we do have a plan," Slash Man responded. Just then the castle started to rumble and shake.

"What's going on the entire castle is starting to move?" Princess Celestia asked and then used her magic to hold the castle still then suddenly flew off before she could be given an answer.

"Where are you going?" Slash Man said as he jumped after her. Princess Luna tried to give chase but Magnet Man got in her way out of instinct she fire a magic beam hitting him dead on and making him fall to pieces.

"Looks like your friend was right, I'm coming Celestia." Before Luna could follow her sister she received an enormous amount of pain from behind then passed out with no idea to what happened. With all the guards outside fighting the robots and the servants all sent home when the robots attacked the castle was almost completely empty. Almost not completely Twilight Sparkle the beloved student of Princess Celestia was still in the royal bed chambers resting. Princess Celestia paid no attention to Slash Man and was so focused on getting to Twilight she didn't notice Luna was gone.

"Get back here," Slash Man said but Celestia ignored him. When she made it there at last she saw that Twilight was just waking up and removed the sound poof bubble.

"Princess what's going on?" Twilight asked noticing that the castle was tilted and Celestia's magical aura was around it.

"The robots did something to the castle we need to get you out of-" Princess Celestia was interrupted when Slash Man attacked her from behind and knocked her to the ground.

"The only place you're going is with me."

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight said as she started to run towards her.

"Stop Twilight!" Twilight's teacher ordered and she did as she was told. "You need to get out of here right now before this castle falls on you."

"She's not leaving either Dr. Wily still needs 2 unicorns for his plan and besides I bet she misses her cage." Slash Man was suddenly rammed by Princess Celestia but got right back up.

"Leave Twilight I can't hold him off for long since I'm focused on making the castle stay still I can't use magic."

"Good to know," Slash Man said as he got ready to cut her to shreds Princess Celestia but she blasted out of nowhere then fell apart. Celestia turned around and saw it was Twilight.

"I'm not going to let anything hurt you," Twilight said.

"Thanks, now come on Twilight we need to get out of here."

"I don't think so," said Napalm Man who entered the room with Pharaoh Man.

"More robots," Celestia said clearly frustrated the 2 robots wasted no time attacking the princess and even roughed her up a bit even with Twilight's help. In the end Napalm Man fired several missiles that all went straight passed Princess Celestia. "You missed."

"He wasn't aiming at you," Pharaoh Man said. Turning around she saw the missiles were heading straight for Twilight and the princess instantly flew in front of the missiles to protect Twilight. Celestia fell to the floor her magic aura no longer around the castle and it started moving again.

"NO!" Twilight tried to get her teacher to stand up. "I could have just dodged myself why did you do that?"

"I'm not letting them hurt you anymore then they already have," She answered barely maintaining consciousness as she reach over to her face to rub her cheek with one of her hooves.

"We won't hurt her if she comes quietly," Napalm Man said.

"You aren't taking her away from me. Nothing will ever take her away from me again." Twilight then began to float and had her teacher's magical aura around her.

"Princess wait what are you doing?"

"Go to Ponyville tell your friends what happened and stop Wily and his robots." Suddenly Twilight was teleported outside where she saw Canterlot castle fall to the ground in pieces. When that happened all remaining robots retreated and the guards went all over the rubble digging it up to find their rulers, but there were no signs of the royal pony sisters.