• Published 31st May 2016
  • 7,115 Views, 81 Comments

Grave - PioneerofImagination



They thought she was jealous and protective of her brother but they were dead wrong and now she's gone. Ever since they left in that room she's been gone. For 3 long years & now with a new threat they need her now more then ever.

  • ...
17
 81
 7,115

Chapter 3 Royal Rescue

Author's Note:

My first chapter is chapter 3 because this a continuation of the fan fiction of the same name by Dark Colt Sabata. I put a link so you can find it but here's a quick recap, Twilight's friends ignored her at the royal wedding as well as acted mean towards her. The Changelings are still beat but Twilight is gone and is missing for 3 years, Cadence and Shining Armor get married anyway but Cadence is still determined to find Twilight. Trixie is the new element of magic who helped defeat Airman whose army retreats upon his defeat, but a piece of him falls off which is a monitor showing Twilight trapped.

The Crystal Empire was usually a place of great beauty but not today. Just like every major city in Equestria it has been attacked by an army of robots working for the organization Treble. However the ponies of the Crystal Empire weren't as defenseless as the robots made them out to be. In their victory over the army many buildings were destroyed and many ponies hospitalized, but none were killed. The ponies not hurt helped those hurt recover, and help repair the damage, and clean up the robot remains.

"How many more of these things are left to clean up?" Asked Princess Mi Amore Cadenza but she prefers Cadence as she was dragging away what was left of a robotic elephant.

"We're about halfway done," answered Shining Armor Prince of the Crystal Empire and her husband. He was dragging a beat up white and orange robot with scissors on it's head. The robot that called itself Cut Man put up a fight with the prince but in the end he was no much for Shining's magic, who shot a magic beam so strong it took off half of Cut Man's face.

"PRINCESS CADENCE PRINCE SHINING ARMOR!" The royal couple turned around fast to see one of their royal guards running towards them. A stallion without crystal like skin who had been with the guard for a few years. One of his front legs was carrying some kind of monitor. "You have to take a look at this," He said as he reached them and he hoofed it over to Cadence who saw a lavender unicorn crying while locked in a cage.

"TWILIGHT!" Princess Cadence screamed as she grabbed the monitor and flew off. She was tickled pink to see that the library was still okay, or pinker since her coat was already pink. She didn't hesitate one second to fly right in scaring the librarian and several ponies helping her place robot parts a pile. A small group of robots managed to enter the library but they didn't get far, that librarian as it turns out has a mean left hook.

"What in the world was that about?" One of the Crystal Ponies helping asked.

"I'm not sure," the librarian answered. "But I'm gonna find out." The librarian walked over to Cadence as she was looking for a certain book and along with an entire map of Equestria, she found it.

"Right where I left them." Cadence then made her way to a table. Carrying the 3 items with magic then set them down on the table first the map followed by the monitor still showing Twilight and the book as she then turned it to a certain page showing a certain spell. "Finally after 3 years I can bring you home and make up for what I did." The librarian saw that her princess seemed very busy and decided not to ask what she was doing. However just then Shining Armor came through the doors and found his way to Cadence.

"Cadence what's are you doing what's this about Twilight?" Shining Armor asked somewhat loud but not too loud to get some heads turning at him. Cadence didn't answer but instead used her magic to cause a small red spike to appear then it moved around in the air on it's own. After a few seconds it landed near the edge of the map the badlands an area almost outside of Equestria.

"That's where she is!" Cadence said with sheer excitement.

"Cadence can you please tell me what's going on?" Shining Armor asked wanting to know where Twilight is just as much as she does.

"Okay," Cadence answered. "But let's head back to castle first I need to get a few things."

Back at the castle Shining Armor was very eager to learn the recent information about his sister however Cadence had her focus on other things. She kept gathering items but finally stopped to put them all in a saddle bag. "There that should do it," Cadence said as she finally stopped moving around. "That's all the supplies I'll need."

"Cadence?" Shining Armor said feeling as though he was invisible. "Are you going to talk to me at some point?"

"Oh sorry Shining Armor I just wanted to get ready."

"Ready for what?" Shining Armor asked who at the moment looked like was going to pop right out of his coat.

Cadence closed her eyes and then took a deep breath. "We should sit down first," Cadence said as she took her own advice and walked towards the table and sat down then Shining Armor did the same. "First of all you know what a crystal ball is right Shining Armor?"

Shining Armor was a bit shocked by the randomness of the question but still quickly responded all the same. "Yes, it shows you the thing or pony you're looking for."

"Right, however the problem is they only show you image of whatever you're looking for and not where it is or in this case where she is. Another problem is that whenever I used those none of them worked for some reason." Cadence then cleared her throat as she clearly had a lot to say. "About a year and a half ago I found a spell that can give me a specific location shown to me by things like a magic mirror or crystal ball can show me." Cadence then looked over to the map that the spike was put on she used earlier to show and not tell that's what she was doing before hoof.

"So you're saying that if I lost something and I used a crystal ball to show me it I could use that spell then it would show the exact area it is in?" Shining Armor asked a bit confused but hoping he understood.

"Yes that's exactly what it means," Cadence said.

Shining Armor then stood up in absolute excitement. "SO YOU KNOW WHERE TWILY IS!" He said not caring who heard him as he danced around a bit.

"Yes," Cadence said rather calmly "After 3 long years I can finally bring Twilight home."

Shining Armor then stopped his little dance to turn around and face Cadence. "We? Don't you mean us?"

"No," Cadence said rather firmly. "This is something I have to do alone. I need you to stay here and watch over the Crystal Empire."

"Then why don't you stay here while I go to the place where Twilight is being held?"

"No I'm an alicorn I can fly there so it won't be as long for me as it would if you went."

"You can't go fly to the other end of Equestria!"

"I'll take a train to Dodge Junction then fly to the Badlands."

"Twilight is my sister!" Shining Armor said starting to get mad. "I need to find her and tell I'm sorry for all the horrible things I said. I may have been under Chrysalis's control but I was still aware of my actions at the time."

"You can tell her all that when I bring her back!" Cadence responded also starting to get mad.

"I hurt one of the most important ponies in my life this is something I have to do."

"WELL MAYBE SHE HASN'T FORGIVEN YOU FOR THAT AND WOULD PREFER IF I BROUGHT HER HOME!" Shining was almost in shock after that comment and Cadence felt the same after saying it. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife but it came down as Shining Armor started to cry a little. Several tears came down to his nose and muzzle when he lowered his head and sobbed. Cadence regretting what she said walked over to her prince to comfort her with a hug.

"P-Please Cadence," Shining pleaded holding back his tears. "I need to show Twilight that I love her so much, I would literally to the ends of Equestria for her." Cadence then pulled his head to her shoulder. "I know I have a chance to do just that to show her that I mean it."

"I understand Shining Armor, and I'm sorry for what I said, but I need you to see the full picture." She began to rub his head as she continued. "With your shield spell you're more capable of protecting the empire than I am. I promise you I will return Twilight to you very soon and when I do you can say whatever you want to say and do whatever you want with her. Please I know this is asking much but have faith in me and I'll be back before you know it." Shining Armor then dried his tears and raised his head.

"All right Cadence I'll stay and you'll go."

"Thank you Shining Armor."

"Are you going right now?"

"No there are barely any trains running today. I'm going first thing in the morning for now I should help clean up of the mess those merciless machines made."

"After the clean up should I put up a barrier around our kingdom?"

"No, wait if the robots attack again we don't know if they'll be back or not. If not it'll be a huge waste of magic. But get a few look outs to keep an eye out for them."

"That's a good idea."

"I thought so."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Before long morning came and Cadence was all prepared to board the train as she kissed her husband goodbye. She also walked over to the crib of her precious foal Flurry Heart who was sucking her left hoof and sleeping to give her a light kiss on her forehead while not disturbing her precious filly from her nap. Truly she was a gentle creature you'd never think she almost brought about the end of the Crystal Empire. While still a toddler it wouldn't be long before she started walking and talking. But for now she flew out the balcony to the train station and got right on.

As the train made the long way to Dodge Junction Cadence sat by the window to see the beautiful landscape that is Equestria. So many thoughts came to her while she was on the train. Was Twilight okay after all these years? Would she forgive those who hurt her in the past? What is the connection between Twilight and the invading robot army?

All these questions ran through her mind and more but the one she asked herself the most was would she be able to make up to Twilight for what happened in the caves beneath Canterlot? Truly that day was a sad day for all, a Changeling army nearly took over, a royal wedding was canceled, & a beloved unicorn was gone. Cadence loved Twilight like a little sister even when she was her foal sitter and more then anything wanted her back in her life. Eventually the train made it to Dodge Junction and Cadence wasted no time and flew straight to the Badlands, after she signed a few more autographs other ponies on the train wanted. After searching for a while she found a strange fortress resembling the castle of the 2 Sisters right in the middle of the Badlands it was clear that whoever put it there knew no pony ever comes here.

"I'm coming for you Twilight," Cadence said after she flew right next to it and used magic to get in.

"I wouldn't bet on that!" Said a big robot that spotted her.

"Who are you?' Cadence said as she backed up a bit in fear.

"Funny," The large robot answered. "I was about to ask you the same question."

Cadence stepped forward to stand her ground and answered. "I am Cadence, princess of the Crystal Empire!"

The robot then crossed his arms clearly taking interest in what she just said. "A princess you say well my name is Guts Man. One of Dr. Wily's Robot Masters."

"Dr. Wily?" Cadence said. "Is that the one in charge?"

Guts Man then began to approach Cadence. "Tell you what you can ask him all your questions when I bring you straight to him."

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Fine with me I'll just take you there myself." Guts Man then charged at Cadence who flew up to avoid his fist that made a small hole on the floor but couldn't dodge his other fist which hit her right in her chest and sent her flying over to the wall. After falling back to the floor Cadence struggled to get up. But when she did she gave Guts Man a stare of pure rage.

"Oh what?" Guts Man said in a taunting tone. "Did I hurt the wittle pwrincess-" Guts Man sentence was cut short when Cadence fired a huge beam of magic right at him so powerful it sent him through the wall behind him and sent him straight to the Badlands. By the time he was able to pull himself up Cadence had already flown right to him to lift him up with her magic and throw him against a tall rock. Guts Man got up and saw Cadence standing her ground in front of him.

"Want some more?" Cadence asked, ready to keep fighting.

"You better believe it," Guts Man said as he was nowhere near ready to give up as he charged straight for Cadence. He landed a powerful punched to the face that sent her to the ground then stomped on her to pummel her. "Come on is this all you got!?"

"Unfortunately for you, no," Cadence answered as she shot another time once again forcing him against a tall rock. Guts Man once again got back up but he was so focused on attacking Cadence that he didn't notice she already cut the top part of the rock he landed on with a magic beam. With a vast knowledge that could rival Twilight she knew to in the instant Guts Man hit the rock to cut it at 23 degree angle. That would make it fall right on him with at least 4 tons of pressure because of it's sheer size, and she was right it landed right on top of him with only his left arm and head not under the rock, Guts Man tried to get free but it did no good. "How's that for a wittle pwrincess?" Cadence said glad to throw his words back at him.

"Dr. Wily," Guts Man said right before he shut down and Cadence fell to the ground as the fight while brief took a lot out of her and the adrenaline wore off. Cadence slowly managed to get back up and felt her eye which she could tell was now black because of the face punch.

"I feel tired already and I just got here, I better take it easy who knows how many other powerful robots are in there." Cadence then brushed the dirt off her mane and coat then flew through the hole she made but first took a quick look to make sure the coast was clear. "That robot said he was one of Dr. Wily's Robot Masters, meaning there are more machines just as strong or even stronger than him. If I run into another one of them, I gotta get in grab Twilight and get out."

"What do you mean you can't find Guts Man?" A voice not too far from where Cadence was asked she followed it while still staying out of sight and saw a creature she never saw before.

"What is that thing? Is that Dr. Wily?" Cadence asked as she saw he was talking to 3 robots.

Cadence thought perhaps these were also Robot Masters and thought it was best to stay out of sight and listen in because she thought perhaps if she kept listening in she would learn more valuable information.

"It's as I said Dr. Wily we don't know where he is," Napalm Man said.

"So that is Dr. Wily," Cadence whispered, Dr. Wily then rubbed his eyes with his fingers to try and lower his stress. "How can none of you know where he is, this place is crawling with my robots?"

"Actually a lot of our army still hasn't returned yet or was destroyed," Pharaoh Man answered. " I think there's a chance a few Robot Masters were defeated during the invasion as well."

"But how could that be?" Asked Dr. Wily. "Unless the alicorns fought them that could be it. There's no time to waste spread out, find Guts Man, and bring him here time is of the essence." The 3 robots did what they were told and ran off while Dr. Wily walked into another room and Cadence decided to follow him.

"Where's my food?" A weak voice asked. "You said I could have it earlier today and I'm starving."

"Ah that I did," Dr. Wily answered as he walked to a desk and then walked to a small cage that caught Cadence's eye.

"TWILIGHT!" Cadence yelled at the top of her lungs and of course causing the 2 of the them to turn their heads. Thinking quickly Cadence fired a spell at Wily hoping that being the creator of the machines he himself wasn't much of a fighter. And she was right the spell knocked Wily out cold on impact. she then flew and landed right next to the cage to greet Twilight who backed up to a corner of the cage in fear.

"Get away from me," Twilight said trembling.

Cadence was confused as to why Twilight was acting this way. "Twilight it's me Cadence you don't need to be afraid."

"You're evil you trapped me in the mines beneath Canterlot."

"No, that wasn't me the Cadence who put you there was an impostor she trapped me down there too."

"Likely story."

Cadence then started to dance a little. "Sunshine sunshine lady bugs awake clap your hooves-"

"And do a little shake," Twilight finished with her and then suddenly all her fear vanished and she put her front legs through the bars to hug Cadence. "You remember me!"

"Of course I do how could I forget the filly I loved to sit for the most."

"Cadence you got to get me out of here."

"Don't worry Twilight that's just what I'm here for."

"Not on my watch," said a rather menacing voice.

THUNK

That blow to the back of her head caused Cadence to fall down as she continued to look at Twilight before she only saw utter blackness. Upon regaining consciousness Cadence found herself in a different area of the fortress. When she tried to move she realized she had a white cloth around her mouth and was tied to a support beam with a strange metal rope around her front legs and chest meaning her wings couldn't move either. Cadence disparately tried to use magic to escape but was able to use none, after a while Dr. Wily entered the room.

"How nice of a princess to come and pay me a visit." Cadence then tried even harder and to use her magic. "Don't bother that special rope will hold you and it cancels out magical properties. I'll get to you 2 in a moment I just have one thing to take care have." Cadence then looked around to look for Twilight wondering if she was in the room then felt a hoof grab hers and saw that Twilight was also gagged and tied to the other side of the support beam.

Just then a creature walked in carrying a small box before putting it on the ground next to Dr. Wily. Cadence then struggled to get free even harder and let out grunts of anger that the creature and Wily didn't seem to notice. "I got the rest of it doctor this better be the last of it."

"Yes it is well done Bass," Wily answered. "What did Sheep Man, Napalm Man, and Pharaoh Man have to report?"

"All the Robot Masters arrived except Guts Man who was found crushed under a huge rock just outside and Magnet Man who hasn't been seen since he was sent to attack Los Pegasus. Also not one robot has returned from Canterlot," Bass answered.

"Not one?" Wily said in shock. "I sent Fire Man, Ice Man, Bomb Man, and Elec Man. I imagine the 2 alicorns that reside there have something to do with that."

"I told you I should have lead the attack on Canterlot."

"And I told you that you had a more important mission speaking of which." Dr. Wily then pulled a switch causing a wall to lift up and reveal 2 huge machines. One in the far back has a huge triangular thing with a circle in the middle the second was some sort of transport device with a skull in the front of it. "Allow me to show you my portal machine and my Wily Machine 8 and one other device." Wily then entered his Wily Machine 8 and quickly exited it with 2 glass containers and a strange hose.

"So you're finally doing that huh?"

"Yes Bass, after 3 years of research I have finally perfected it." Wily then placed one end of the hose on one of the containers and the other on Cadence's horn. "Now the magic starts." After a wicked laugh Wily pressed a button on the hose and suddenly Cadence felt as if her very life was being sucked out of her. Twilight tried to get free to help her favorite foal sitter but it was all for not as she could only sit there and see that Cadence's cutie mark somehow vanished before her eyes. Then the container filled with a light blue sphere shaped energy that moved a little on it's own.

"So that's what it looks like in the container," Bass said as he walked closer to the container and took a knee to look at the magic inside it.

Wily pressed his hands on the container glorified at what he just did. "There it is, do you know what this is? It's your magic my dear." Cadence could barely move she felt too tired. "When Bass brought Twilight here 3 years ago I tried endlessly to do what I just did. Bass get the other Robot Masters and tell them what just happened," Wily said in a demanding voice.

"Fine but remember what we agreed on," Bass said as he left the room Wily then removed the hose from Cadence and was about to place it on Twilight's horn. "Your turn."

Twilight then struggled to get free as Wily laughed wickedly at her useless attempt to get free. No this can't be it, she thought. Her friends hate her, she's been imprisoned for 3 years, and now she's going to lose her magic. She pleaded for a miracle as Wily placed the hose on her horn. Suddenly a creature pushed Wily away.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size Wily?"

"YOU! No it can't be. BASS! BASS!" Wily yelled as he ran out the door.

The blue creature then broke the metal rope and removed the gags. Twilight stood up but Cadence fell to the ground. "Are you two all right?"

"I'm fine but Wily did something to Cadence I think she needs to go to the hospital."

"I can barely move." As Cadence tried standing up the 3 heard several voices.

"Wily must have gotten to his Robot Masters I came to fight but several of Wily's strongest robots at once is too much even for me plus I have to make sure you 2 don't get hurt. It's best for now if we get you out of here,"

"Grab on," Twilight said and the two listened grabbing on to Twilight who used a teleport spell taking them out to the Badlands. They escaped but Twilight almost used up all her energy due to almost no food for a while. The blue creature could tell the 2 ponies were very tired and carried the two in his arms to the nearest town, Appleoosa.

After a little rest and some food Twilight and Cadence felt a little better. "Thank you so much for the help," Cadence said.

"Yeah we really appreciate it by the way just who or what are you?"

The blue metallic creature looked down on them with a smile, full of determination and hope, and said, "I'm a robot created by Dr. Light named Rock, but I'm better known as Mega Man."