• Published 17th Jun 2012
  • 877 Views, 13 Comments

Fillies and Colts - Ryanjri



Pinkie and Twilight have big news in little packages.

  • ...
13
 13
 877

Announcement/ Next Morning

It was a cold, snowy day in Ponyville. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity were all gathered in the bottom floor of the library while Spike served tea and the treats Pinkie Pie brought. Fluttershy and her husband Big Mac were cuddling on a sofa by the window with their 3 month old filly, Windfall. Rarity was talking with Applejack, more like arguing really, and Rainbow was reading an article on the Wonderbolts in Equestria daily.

The girls knew that Pinkie and Twilight wanted to tell them something, but what, they had no idea.
“So, anypony have any idea why the hay the wanted us to come out her in weather like this?” Rainbow Dash asked as she flipped a page of the paper.
“If I know them, I reckon Twilight came up with a spell to make cupcakes in half the time.” Applejack replied with a grin on her face.
“That wouldn’t surprise me at all.” Rarity said, taking a lady like sip of tea.

The girls hear hoovesteps outside the door, then Caramel, Pinkie Pie’s fiancé , and Stargazer, Twilight’s boyfriend, whom the other ponies have only met a handful of times in the 2 years they have been together, came in the library, shivering, but with the largest grins ever seen on their faces.


Caramel was a, what else, caramel colored stallion with caramel candies as a cute mark. He was a fun loving stallion that cared for Pinkie with all of his heart. Stargazer was a gray and blue stallion with planets and stars as a cutie mark. He loved looking up at the sky and often does it for hours on end every night. Twilight fell for him only immediately.

“Who was that?” Twilight called from up stairs
“Me and Caramel are here and waiting!” replied Stargazer with an obvious tone of happiness in his voice.

They could here whispering upstairs and Fluttershy’s eyes lit up and smiled with great joy. She thinks she figured it all out.
When Applejack noticed and was about to say something, but then they could here the girls coming down the stairs.

“Okay girls, are you all-“ Twilight started, but was cut off by Pinkie.
“WERE HAVING OUR OWN LITTLE FOALS OR COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Gasps were heard around the library. Caramel and Stargazer rushed over and gently hugged their respective mares.

“Congratulations you two! This is just so wonderful!” Fluttershy said with a bright smile on her face and her foal in her arms.”

After the others’ mouths closed from the shock, congratulations went round. The girls spoke of names and Pinkie and Twilight bombarded Fluttershy with questions. The stallions were over in the corner with Big Mac asking some questions of their own.

A few hours later, the guests left. Rainbow was the first to go, then Rarity and Applejack left together, both still fairly surprised. The three couples were left talking for a while before Pinkie and Carmel left to Sugar Cube Corner for a midnight sweet. Fluttershy and Big Mac left soon after.

“Well?” Stargazer asked Twilight
“Well what?”
“What do you think about all this?”
“Oh, well….”
“Hey, don’t worry. It’ll be hard, but we have each other.”
“Thanks, I needed to hear that.”
“I know you did.”
Twilight let out a soft giggle.
“Star?”
“Yes Twis?”
“I love you”
“I love you too”

The two unicorns nuzzled each other and then headed upstairs to bed. They had both had an exciting day.
Twilight woke up the next morning and noticed that Stargazer wasn’t next to her. She looked around confused, then whispered to herself.

“I knew it was to good to be true”

A single tear drop fell from her eye. She pulled herself out of bed& checked on Spike. The dragon, though no longer a baby, hardly grew. He was sleeping in his basket in the other room. She smiled at the sleeping dragon.

“At least I still have you”

Twilight went downstairs and was about to crack open a book. She pulled one of her favorites from the shelf, Astrology and Star Gazing. She read the title a few times, put the book back on the shelf, sat down in the middle of the floor, and
started weeping. Over the sounds of her sobbing, she hardly heard the door to the library start to open.

“Twi! Are you Ok? What’s wrong?”

Stargazer dropped the brown bag in his mouth and rushed to her side for did a quick once over of her to make sure she wasn’t hurt. Twilight wiped her eyes and gave the stallion a hug.

“I…..I thought you left.”
“Oh, uh, I did”

Stargazer retrieved the bag and pulled out a few fresh Red Delicious apples.

“You got…. Breakfast?”
“I figured that you would be hungry and I wanted to do something nice.”
Twilight let out a little giggle and kissed Star on the cheek.
“You know me so well, Star.”
“Of course I do.”

The couple ate there breakfast and decided to spend the day together. They went over to Fluttershy’s cottage later. Twilight talked to Fluttershy about everything child related. She had her books, but wanted to hear it first hand. Stargazer and Big Mac talked too. They have grown to be good friends. They spoke mostly of what it was like to be a father.
After saying good bye too Fluttershy and Big Mac, they went to Sugar Cube Corner for a snack. Pinkie was busy planning foal showers for hew and Twilight. Carmel was out in Canterlot getting special ingredients for some sweets Pinky was craving. Twilight and Stargazer were there until the sun started to go down. They didn’t expect to stay that long, but had no objectons to I either.

When Twilight and Star finally got back to the library, the stars were just starting to come out. Spike had kept himself busy all day, so there was nothing Twilight had to worry about and went with Stargazer up to her bedroom to look at the night sky with him. They sat there, speechless, for hours. All thogu nopony spoke, they knew what the other was thinking. They sat there, watching the stars. Twilight put her head on to her stallions shoulder and, with a smile on her face, drifted to sleep.





Criticism is encouraged and helpful tips are as well. If this is well received I will right more without even thinking.