• Published 20th May 2016
  • 570 Views, 5 Comments

A Very Witchy Holiday - Witching Hour



Witching Hour decides to do something special for her friends this Hearth's Warming Eve... but with a party this big, it requires a lot of effort to keep things running smoothly, and the assistance of her landlords, Fancy Pants & Fleur dis Lee.

  • ...
1
 5
 570

Pt. 4 - Class Reunion

“You certainly didn’t slack off on the invitations, did you Witchy?” Fine Brew says teasingly, making her daughter squirm slightly beside her.

“Well… I was going to keep it small, just us and Monkey’s family…” Witch starts sheepishly, “But Monkey’s family is huge, and then Fancy and Fleur offered to help me by hosting because I couldn’t house them all, so space wasn’t a concern anymore, and then I told them about the new squad and Cinna’s family not having anywhere else and…”

“You know… Sometimes I wonder if my brother and I weren’t left on our parents’ doorstep. We and our families are far too nice to be related to them…” Fine comments dryly before her jaw drops at the sight of a rust-red unicorn stallion and two pegasus mares being lead into the ballroom by Cinna. “My god… Bitsy!? Is that you?!” she asks, leaving Witch to trot up to him.

“Bruises?!” the stallion, with brown eyes, mane and tail, exclaims in surprise, breaking away from the mares to meet Fine Brew half-way. “Why am I not surprised to see you slumming it away from the Kensington parties?”

“Because you know I’ll use any excuse to avoid seeing my uncle?” Fine retorts, smiling before giving the stallion a hug. “I had no idea you’d be here! Last I heard, you’d gotten the boot from polite society and happily gone trotting after your high-flying wife!”

The stallion shrugs, glancing over his shoulder at the pink-maned yellow pegasus next to Cinna with a fond smile. “Yeah… Pix didn’t care, and frankly, neither did I… Thankfully, we have enough to get by without me trying to get a job… Tried a few times while Cinna was growing up, but it seems my parents really hated me over it…”

Fine winces sympathetically as Witch comes up along side her mother. “I know that story. Thankfully, Earl Grey had to choose who he burned out of Canterlot… Me and my husband… Or my brother and his.”

“What’s this about Uncle Mug and Uncle Rain?” Witch asks curiously.

‘Bitsy’ looks confused for a moment before his eyes widen and his jaw drops. “Oh… Oh my…” he stammers.

“Speaking of them, I’m surprised you didn’t invite them, Witchy,” Fine teases, glancing at her daughter.

“Who says I didn’t?” Witch retorts, raising an eyebrow. “Uncle Rain said something about not being caught dead any closer to Canterlot than he already is…”

“Valid point,” Fine concedes, nodding. “After their exit, I’m not surprised.”

“Splashy exit, I assume?” ‘Bitsy’ queries as Cinna and the two pegasus mares finally join him.

“As only Purple Rain could make it…” Fine responds, laughing heartily. “He slung Mug over his shoulder and made tracks to the train station with Mug giving us all a rude gesture… Right in the middle of White Tie’s birthday.”

“Copper? Are you going to reminisce all night -” starts the pink-maned pegasus.

“Or are you going to introduce us?” finishes the other pegasus, her colors being those of the first but reversed - pink with yellow mane and tail.

“Pix, Fay… Can you go one evening in company without doing that?” Copper asks, though his exasperation is tempered by the fond amusement in his eyes.

“Now now, ‘Bitsy’…” ‘Fay’ chides, smirking as she pushes a lock of yellow mane back from her face as her twin mirrors the movement.

“Where’s the fun in that?” ‘Pix’ asks, continuing the thought her sister had started.

“Did I marry one of you or both?” Copper queries, asking no one in particular.

“We’re a -”

“- matched set.”

“Haven’t you -”

“- caught on,”

“Yet?” The pair finish in unison, both raising an eyebrow, though notably the opposite eyebrow of each other so their expressions are mirrored, at the put-upon unicorn.

“Do you want me to introduce you or not?” Copper demands, finally silencing the mares. Sighing heavily, he returns his attention to the bemused Fine and Witch. “These two are Pixie and Fairy… I married Pixie and got Fairy for free, apparently…” The comment earns him two wings to his face, making him sputter and spit out a couple yellow and pink feathers. “Pix, Fay, this is my old friend and classmate, Viscountess Fine Brew of House Grey. We called her ‘Bruises’ because she-”

“Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!” Cinna interrupts, grabbing Witch by her shoulders and trying to shake her. Giving up, Cinna presses her forehead against Witch’s, her brown eyes staring intensely into Witch’s. “Witchy!!! Your mother is Lady Grey and you didn’t tell me!?”

Witch sighs, pushing her excitable friend back to give her some breathing room. “This is why I didn’t tell you, Cinna…” she responds wearily. “Where’s Flash when I need her?”

Author's Note:

Pixie and Fairy belong to Calm Wind, because they're his retired Wonderbolts. :twilightsmile: He also owns Magic Mug, but I've sorta co-opted him as Witch's semi-estranged uncle.
Everyone else is of my own mind... Including Purple Rain, Magic Mug's hubby... :pinkiecrazy:
So Cinna finally found out that Witch is from the same class as her father... Y'know... The Canterlot Elite that booted him out... But as stated, Fine Brew's parents had to choose who they burned... And it wasn't Witch's mother. :twistnerd:
THE HILARITY CONTINUES!!!