• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 959 Views, 0 Comments

MLP X Persona: Odyssey - Phoenixacezero



When Spike tries out a ritual, he gain a new power. Soon after he and many other get swept up in many incidents with one common connection- Persona. Will They be able to overcome the ordeal that await them or will they're journey come to an early end

  • ...
 0
 959

Awakening aftermath

Why was am I dreaming about this place again and of these two? It looked the same as it did four days ago, four days since I last visited the Velvet Room.

"Welcome. It's nice to see you again," Igor greeted me, "Oh ho, it seems that you not only grown since we last met, but also awaken to your power."
I tilted my head in confusion "Power?"
Igor chuckled "Yes. The power I'm referring to is the ability to summon your Persona."
I looked at Igor in confusion. I recall Twilight talking about persona but that couldn't be it, "What a Persona?"
Stein let out a disgruntled groan "You’re kidding me right. A Persona is a manifestation of your psyche and used as a mask responds to the tribulations in life. "


"Okay (Didn’t have to be rude though) so can I summon anything else besides Perseus?"
"No," -Igor chuckled- " but I do sense another power.”
"Huh?"
“As of now, this power is still dormant, but when the time comes we shall assist you. Now, do you have any other questions?"
"...Why was Flare Tyson unable to summon Aristodemus after I defeated it.?" I asked Igor, "Did I cause him to lose his Persona?"
"Yes, but only temporarily,” Igor answered. he waved his hand and an image of me and Perseus, connected by a blue thread appeared in the window, “Since your persona is a part of you and should it take damage you will also feel the pain inflicted to it,"-Igor waved his hand and a huge cut appear on Perseus and the line connected between us disappear almost completely- "Should a persona take damage that would ensure death, the connection between user and their Persona will temporarily severed until the persona recover from it wounds. Still, this safeguard has its limits, so I highly advise you to master your ability and come up with a strategy that will lessen the odds of that happening, especially if you should come up against other Pesona-users with skills that exploits your weakness.”

“That good to know. Thank you for answering my questions.”

“Your welcome,” Igor said, “Now then, take this."

Light shined in my eyes. I looked up and saw a faint orb of light appeared above my head. The light faded away, I saw a black and white butterfly pendent. It gently fell around my neck.

"When the times comes, you will be called back here again. Until we meet again."

....

I woke up to the gentle morning breeze and the sight a work desk with some sewing material placed near a lone brown wall in an elegant light purple room.



After battle, Flare went to the police and we told them what happened that night. It took a while, but the police went to where he lived, but he managed to escape. They did and recover the photos Monty had. When I reached Rarity’s home, she noticed how fatigue I was and offered me to stay at her boutique for the night.



As I got up, I felt something around my neck. I traced my finger along grabbed it and pulled it up to my face. It was the pendent from my dream. (“What was this doing here? I mean it was all a just a dream, right? Am I still dreaming? Twilight did tell me about one time about dreams that seem like the ponies awake. There got to be a way to confirm that this whether I’m awake or still dreaming.”)

“There one way to find out.” a familiar voice echo in my head.

(“Perseus?”)

“Bingo!” he said cheerfully “Now back to your current question aka is this a dream or not? To answer that question, think of something that would be impossible. If it real or just a dream.”

I look around and tried to come up with something saw Opalescence resting on one of the mannequins. I slowly walked up to her. I extended my arm toward her and tried to pet her. Opal looked at me with a disapproving gaze and swiped her claws at me. (“That answer my question.”)



I walked downstairs. I looked around and saw Rarity talking to Twilight. When Twilight noticed me, her eyes widen with surprise. “Spike?!"

I let out a weak chuckle, “Hey, Twilight.”

“Please tell you’re not hoarding again and that pendent a gift,” she said, her concern in her voice “You know what happened last time.”

“I’m not hoarding again.”

“It’s true,” Rarity replied, “It happened when Spike protected me from that monster Flare Tyson summoned.”

Twilight looked at us with confusion and disbelief, “What?”

“It’s a long explanation,” I said to her, “But before I can explain, I need you to calm down.”



Twilight did the relaxation technique Cadence had taught her and sat down. I closed my eyes and summoned Perseus. He flew over to Twilight and petted her.

Twilight’s eyes widen in surprise, “What is that?”

“This is my Persona, Perseus. As for the monster Rarity mentioned it was Flare’s Persona; Aristodemus.”-I recalled Perseus back into me- “Do you recall the night of the murder that happened four days ago.”

Twilight calmly nodded her head “Yeah. To be honest I’m still trying to figure out why it happened? I heard that they’re holding a police conference.”

“I know the reason why,” I said, “and who done it.”

“Huh?”

“It was Flare,” I said, “Macho Joe was still mad about his lost and decided to get revenge on Flare by attacking him. He pinned Flare down with a rope and was going to kill him. This caused Flare to fully awaken to his Persona and save himself from being killed.”

Twilight tilted her head and looked at me with puzzled look on her face “If what your saying is true, then what happened to the knife and more importantly how did you find this out?”



“Last night, I couldn’t sleep last night due to what was happening. I decided to get some fresh air and clear my head. I ran into Rarity and we decided to take a stroll together. While we were talking, Rarity noticed Flare Tyson wearing a cloak. I decided to follow him. I found out that a unicorn named Montey Hush set him up by stealing the knife. He was going to blackmail Flare with pictures and if it had worked... well I don’t want to imagine what would have happened if Flare hadn’t gotten mad and tried to threaten him.”

“I think I can fill in the rest,” Twilight said “Rarity followed you to make sure you didn’t get hurt and when she saw Flare’s Persona, she accidentally alerted him and became a target. And you decided to try and protect her.”

“Yeah, sort of,” I answered “After I decided to do that, that when my Persona awakened. It was also the same time that my growth spurt happened, but I did not notice because I was focused on the battle. It was only after the battle Flare and Rarity pointed it out after I fought against Aristodemus. I won the battle due to Perseus using an ice spell and freezing Aristodemus. After battle, Flare told us everything and turned himself in. The unicorn that tried to blackmail him is being searched for and not for just one blackmail. Turns out, Montey Hush been blackmailing others ponies as well.”

“And including Macho.” A gruff voice answered I turned around and saw a muscular Pegasus standing in doorway. He had an orange pelt, well-magenta mane, and tail. He was a bit taller than Big Mac. His beard and the stern glint in his aqua green projected a strong aura of authority.



“Airron,” Rarity said “Wait. You said that it wasn’t just Flare that being blackmailed.”

Airron calmly nodded his head “Yes. While we were searching through Montey, we found out that he had been blackmailing Macho Joe as well.”

I clenched my fist in rage, (“So this guy is the reason that Flare almost got killed?)

“As of now we’re gathering his other victims and questioning some suspects that might be involved with Montey’s blackmailing operation.” Airron replied “That with that said, I want you to testify the moment we apprehend him.”

“If it means seeing Montey behind bars, I’ll do it.” I answered.

“Very well,” Airron answered “We’ll notify you when in it happens. Now for my reason for being here,” I tilted my head in confusion “Is the dress I order done Miss Rarity?” He said.

Rarity went out of the room and returned levitating a black vest and a matching skirt. She put them in a bag and hand it over to him, “I hope Lassie like her gift.”

Airron pulled a bag from his saddle bag and placed it on the table. He opened it, revealing some bits. He grabbed some and put them to the side. He grabbed the bag with his wing and bow “Thank you,” He grabbed the rest and left.

“Rarity!”

Sweetie Belle ran into the room “Rarity, I saw a guard leave house. Is everyth-” When Sweetie saw me, she in stopped her track and let out a terrified scream.

“Don’t panic,” I said, “I’m not hoarding this time.”

“Then why are you like this?” she said.



I scratched the back of my head in confusion, “I don’t know. All I know is when it happened and what happened before and after it.”

Sweetie tilted her head and looked at me with curiosity, “What happened last night?”

“Well you see...” it was at that moment I realized something. This was going to be a recurring theme, “I explain, but first we need to gather the others.”

Sweetie Belle nodded her head in agreement “I’ll go get Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.”

“Good. Tell them to come to your sister boutique. Also bring Big Mac if you see him.”

“Okay.” Sweetie raced outside.

“I’ll go get the others.” Twilight said.

“Thanks.”



Twilight ran out and headed to gather the rest of our friends. Rarity let out a chuckle “It seem somepony going to be the center of attention today.”

“Yeah,” I answered casually, “I’m just hoping that it will be easy to explain to them as it was with Twilight.”

“They might panic at first” Rarity said, “But I’m sure the others will listen to you.”

I smiled a bit from Rarity’s reassurance “Thank you.”

“Your welcome.”





Soon everypony showed up. Applebloom, Scootaloo, Applejack, and Big Mac were stunned when they saw me. Fluttershy panicked and would have ran away if Twilight hadn’t stopped her. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash jumped the gun and thought that I was hoarding again. As for Starlight was just surprise by my growth spurt. Even though they had different reactions, I knew they had one emotion going through them...curiosity. I told them everything. Why I went out last, why I followed, the truth behind the murder, and about my new power. I showed them the skills I that had now, including a new one called Sakukaja.



“So, we now know how and why the murder the happened and led to what happened last night.” Twilight Sparkle said.

“Because of that jerk, Montey Shot.” Scootaloo answered.

“Considering what Montey has done, jerk would be a compliment for him.” RD said with venom in her words.

“But this does raise some questions?” Twilight said.

“Why do Spike and Flare awaken to this power?” Big Mac answered.

Twilight nodded her head in agreement “Correct. They’re also the matter of Spike’s growth spurt though I do have a theory.” Everypony fixed their attention on Twilight, “The last time this happened, it was because of us accidentally igniting Spike’s desire to hoard things. After that incident and find very little information on dragon growth patterns, I assumed that most dragons can only grow when they age, magically or by hoarding; but after seeing Spike and hearing his story, it made me realize that other desires can affect a dragon’s growth if they’re strong enough. In Spike’s case, it was his wanting to protect us that triggered it.”

“So, we don’t have to worry about Spike going on a rampage?” Fluttershy said, her voice shaking.

Twilight hesitated and “As long as he doesn’t become obsessed with it, we should be fine.”

“Okay,” Rainbow Dash got up and flew over to me “So we have guessed why Spike is like this. But we have no clue how Spike and Flare how they got this ability?”

(“Otherworldly creature of themselves...!”) That when my mind went into overtime and replayed that day, (“That’s right. I’ve seen Perseus before. After I after I performed that ritual. Still did Flare also tried it or was it because of something else? If he did, that could also mean...”) “I need somepony to find Flare.”

Everyone looked at me in confusion.

Big Mac raised his hoof up “I’ll go, but what do you need him for?”

“I need to ask him something,” I told him “If my guess is right, I think I know why it’s happening now?”

Big Mac got up from his seat and walked toward the door, “Okay.”

As Big Mac left, I realized something else and if my hunch were right, Flare Tyson could be an example of one of many things to come.



“...I don’t think everypony can get one,” Sweetie Belle said. We all shifted our gaze on to her and looked at her in confusion, “It just a few of the kids from school tried it out and nothing happened to them.”

“There probably some conditions that they have to meet in order to get one.” Flare said, “And I doubt anypony know what they are.”

“Actually,” Twilight said, “I can think Princess Luna might be able to help us.”

“Princess Luna?” Starlight said, “...that’s right. I recall somewhere in that most psychological research were based around her notes.”

“Correct. Rarity, if I may.”



Rarity levitated over some paper, ink, and pen to her. Twilight wrote down a message and gave it to me. Hopefully, she can give us some answer to what going on.



I walked toward an old tree and was greeted by the variety of animals. Some were common animals found in Ponyville, others were from other land on Equis, and finally my pet the possum Tiberius. I gently petted them. I came here for a one reason- to relax. When Macho Joe’s death was announced, it caused an increase of nightmares and the problem with these types of dreams are that it’s based on possibility instead of ones that are caused by see or hearing something scary such as a tale of old mare looking for a rusty horseshoe or caused by the sight and sound of a furnace in a basement and fears like this can dull one ability to think rationally. It is probably going to be quite when words about the culprit spread start to travel the grape vine, which means, it’s time for me to relax. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.



I awoke to something tapping my face. I opened my eyes and saw Tiberius poking my face with a scroll and another one beside him “Letters from Twilight.” I opened it up and read the letter “Dear Princess Luna. We just learn the discovery of a type of magical ability called....” I stopped as I saw the name. I checked again to see I read it right. (“How is this possible? They’re no way that ability should be obtainable.”) I continued to read it “Persona. So far, we only discovered few things about it based on the information given to us so far. One important fact is that to fully awaken though, they must be exposed to great amount stimuli such as a near death experience or the desire to protect. At it stand we don’t know what the methods or requirements are for one to acquire this power. As it stands, we only know two Persona users: Flare Tyson and Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike! We would also like to inform you and your sister that Spike has gone through growth spurt” I read the that part again to see if I read it wrong, but there was no mistake about it. I quickly got up and flew to my sister’s chamber to tell her the news. “SISTER! “

My sister stareed at me with concern “Luna, what is it?”

I gave her the letter. She as she read it her eyes became wide as dinner plate and one word boomed out from her mouth “WHAT?!”



Not soon after we sent the letter, the door swung opened and standing in the doorway was not only Princess Luna, but her sister Celestia and Discord and the moment they saw me, they gasp in shock. Celestia walked up to me.
“Spike,” She said, “Is that you?”

“Yeah. Apparently, dragons have other ways of growing.”

“So, the part about you having Persona?”

I summoned Perseus and he let out a light-hearted chuckle “Real as Twilight’s love for book.”

“Why is this happening?” A wave of anxiety washed over the room after Celestia said those words.

Twilight Sparkle walked over to her mentor “Is there something dangerous about this power?”

Celestia shook her head “There are some, but that not what concern me.”

“Then what is it?”

“Usually when Persona involved, there a god behind it.”

The room echoed with one collective answer, “WHAT?!”



Most of our gazes shifted on Discord.



The god of chaos looked around and waved his paw frantically “Hey, it wasn’t me. My paws are squeaky clean.” Rub them together and transform into two giant squeaking clean rats. Opal pounced out of nowhere and sink her fangs into his right causing him to wince in pain, “I can however think of few other entities that would pull this type of stunt.”

“Right,” Rainbow Dash said sarcastically, “and you didn’t pull that prank on Spitfire and she just produced those flies from her mouth on her own.”

“He’s correct about the other entities part,” Luna said, “and that what makes it difficult. We don’t know who behind this, but we can find out the method that they’re using. To do that we need ask you Spike and Flare Tyson.”

“Allow me,” Discord answer. He transformed into four splotches of multicolored ink. When they hit the ground, they all shot up and formed into Discord. Three of them were wearing SWAT uniform, while the one in front of them was wear a police sergeant outfit.

“ALRIGHT YOU MAGGOTS!” -the police sergeant Discord snapped his finger and produced a picture of Flare Tyson- “WE’RE TRACKING DOWN THIS STALLION. ACCORDING TO OUR SOURCES HE HAS INFORMATION REGARDING A NEW POWER APPEARING IN EQUESTRIA! RETRIEVE HIM AT ALL COST!”



They phased through Rarity’s walls and scattered across Ponyville



“While there looking for him,” Luna said calmly “I’ll ask you the questions. Please don’t leave out any information, regardless how minor it maybe. Understand?” -I nodded my head- “Good. Okay. Before awaking to your powers, has anything strange happened to you or did you try anything you usually don’t do?”

“There was that strange dream I had?”

“Strange dream?”

“Yeah. I met a long nose human named Igor and a gryphon named Stein, but I doubt they’re behind this” “They said that I would have to guide someone.” -I then showed her the pendent- “They also gave me this.”

“Doubt it him. While Igor is usually involved with in these types of matter, he’s more of a guide than an instigator. Anything else that happened after that?”

“There is one. When tried out a ...!” then it’s dawned on me, “That’s might be it.”

“What it?”

“Well- “

Before I could answer, Discord returned with Flare Tyson “We successfully tracked down and brought him back to base.”

“So,” Flare said as he looked at the Discord with a curious look, “What is so important that you needed to sic Discord on me?”

“We’re trying to find out what causing every creature to become aware their Persona,” Luna answered “That why we brought you here. To shed some information on the situation.”

“I’ll help anyway I can.”

“The I’ll get to the point” I said, “Have you tried out a rumor called Soulmate in Wonderland?”

Flare looked at me with a bewildered look “...Yeah. I was board and decided to try it out to see if it worked or not. After I performed the ritual, I saw strange silhouette that looked like...”

“Aristodemus,” I guessed as my heart raced as I waited for his answer.

Flare looked at me with a stunned looked on his face “Yes.”

The room fell dead silent as everypony looked at me in confusion. The silence was broken by Rainbow Dash “How did you know what he saw?”

“Because Flare isn’t the only one to try that rumor,” I replied, “On the night of the murder, I tried it out of just for fun. After I finished the chant, I saw a silhouette of Perseus in the mirror. After realizing I thought that maybe, just maybe...”

“That rumor might be connected to your and Flare’s new power.” Twilight chimed in.

“Yes. But if that the case then there could be a chance of that there are other users out there.”

I nodded my head “Yes.”

“Now hold your horses,” Applejack exclaimed “If that true, that mean that everypony who tried it also have this power.”

“I don’t think it performing it will get it,” We shifted our gaze onto Sweetie “Some of my classmates tried it and nothing happened.”

Luna shook her head “She right. One can only become a user if they have a strong enough body, soul, and mind can awaken to this ability naturally.”

“Naturally?” Twilight asked, “You mean there another method.”

“Yes,” Celestia answered, “It can also be awakened artificially, but doing so will cause the user to have little control over it. As a result, A Persona will sometime go on a rampage and in worst case scenario try to kill their user.”

The room fell dead silent after that statement before Twilight broke it “Okay. We now know how Spike and Flare got their Persona. We also know now that there are others out there with this power. But we don’t have a lead on who might be behind this or a clue why they’re doing this.”

“Actually,” I said, “I think I might have a clue who behind this?” Everypony looked at me with wide eyes, “Before I finished the ritual, a pony appeared in the mirror. They told me that they would be observing me if I went through with it.”

“A pony appeared mirror” Flare asked, “are you sure you saw that?”

“Yeah,” I replied, “Didn’t you see it to?”
Flare shook his head “No. I just saw and heard Aristodeusm.”

“Then why did I see them?”

“I don’t know,” Luna looked at the mirror “but it looked like we got a probable suspect. If anyone find any more information or if anything happens, please contact us.”



“This is going to be entertaining. Let see if you all can figure out before it happens.”

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

How many years was the last chapter....4 years. I really need to step up my game.