• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 945 Views, 10 Comments

My Little Alien - godzilla54



My little pony meets Ridley Scott's Alien

  • ...
3
 10
 945

Prolog

Starshine was just like any other unicorn in Equestria. She had a white coat with a thick neon blue mane. She had gotten her cutie mark earlier than most. It was a small four pointed blue star with a grey ring around it. She had gotten by learning that she was very good with magic that was particularl kind of magic. She liked to play with her friends, use magic, go exploring etc. She would just be a normal pony in Equestria. The only problem with that was, she wasn't in Equestria. Her family had moved to a planet that had been discovered before she was even born. She didn't know much about the actual space travel, and neither did her parents when they came here. Their job was to set up new magic Beacons that helped keep oxygen stable in certain areas. The planet had oxygen of course, but it was not fit for breathing.
Starshine liked their home, but she had never been to Equestria, so it was the only home she knew. If she had been to Equestria, she would have seen all the beautiful things it had to offer. Where as this planet was a barren wasteland. It was dull grey, windy, and could not support life without the help of magic. There was very little light most of the time, because Celestia is to busy with keeping the sun going in Equestria, so there was very dark and even more cold. It's gravity was 10% less that of Equestria's, and the ponies who came here had to fix that to so it would not startle the ponies who did not actually live there on a regular basis, like Starshine and her family.
Starshine had gotten used to all of this though. It was her home, and she liked it. She liked using her magic to let her explore outside the compounds that regulated the oxygen levels, and playing with the shift in gravity that came with it. She helped her parents keep up work around the compunds, and she was actually very good at it. Her magic skills seemed to almost be designed to ise spells that were useful in space, like simulating oxygen, and controlling gravity. These spells were normally very advanced but Starshine had no problem with it. That is was the talent of her cutie mark after all.
She also played tag with her friends, other fillies and colts who's families were workers on the planet.
Her and her parents were going on a scouting mission, to see if any nearby land was suitable to make another compound. Starshine thought this was exciting! She had never been on a scouting mission before. Well no an official one anyway. Their family was in an advanced all-terrain vehicle designed for crossing far distances on the planet. It was a faded yellow color, with six large wheels that were heavier than Starshine.
After about six hours they came to the area they were supposed to examine, but they found something they were not expecting. They had come across an enormous U shaped spacecraft. It was easily forty feet tall, and probably over a hundred feet long.
Starshine's parents argued aboit what to do but eventually desided to go inside to check it out. They left Starshine in the ATV and went inside.
About an hour of boredom later, Starshines mom came out screaming dragging something. Without even acknowledging her daughter she started calling for help. When Starshine looked at what her mom was dragging she screamed too. She saw her dad, with a spider like parasite attached to his face.



Stoct Ridley was terrified. It had already gotten Dale and the others. Now it was just her, Pren, and Biré. They had no idea where it was or when it would strike next. Their only hope of survival was to get on the escape pod, and self-destruct the ship, killing that bastard.
"I'll go set the ship to self-destruct, you ponies go get oxygen canisters for the escape pod, we don't know how long we'll be in there." Ridley said.
"What about that thing!" Biré screamed. "It could kill us at any time!"
"Then I suggest you hurry up!" Ridley ordered back.
They split up and went on their separate missions to get out alive. Ridley had wound down what seemed like thousands of dull metal hallways. She eventually came to a room with several control panels and buttons, all flashing random colors. Ridley bent down and opened up a small hatch. There was a lock with the words Caution: Self-Destruct below it. Ridley pulled out a small key and unlocked it, opening the hatch revealing a large red button and a lever. She first pulled the lever and tjen pushed the button. She began to here the ship's computer begin to talk.
"Self-destruct in ten minutes" it said.
Ridley began to gallop down. The hallways. She had not even made it down two hallways wjen she heard the blood curdling scream of Pren. Ridley didn't even have time to mourn her death before Biré's scream joined his. If it weren't for already hearing so many similar screams in the past eighteen hours, this would hqve been the saddest moment of her life. But she had to keep on going, for them.
Ridley found the escape pod, and got in, locking the door nehind her. She trotted down to the control panel and blasted off. She had made it out jist in time. If she had been less than a minute later, she would have been blown up with the ship. She came to a large clear tube with cushioning in it. This was the hyper sleep chamber. This is where she would be spending the next who knows how many years. She went back to the control panel to make sure she was on her way baxk to Eqestria. She couldn't wait to be back in Manehatten, where she belonged. She thought about every thing tjat had happened in the past eighteen hours. All of her crew had been killed by that, that... thing. She began to cry. She cried for hours. But it was over. She had escaped that abomination and made it out alive. Feeling a sense of content, she trotted over to her hyper sleep chamber. About half way there, her hoof was grabbed by the very creature who had tried to kill her. It had long hands with long claws. It was a greenish black, and it's body was very bony. No eyes, a large bumb on it's head it, anout three feet high and seven feet long, from head to it's spiked tail.
She kept trying to kick it off, bit it held on tight. After all her work, after all her efforts, she would end up just like the others. But then she saw it. The air-lock door. If she could just reach her hoof to the panel she could blow this thing out into space. She tried reaching for it but it was just out of reach. She thought she was done for, when she saw a small wrench. She picked it up with her mouth and hurled it at the air-lock button. It shattered the glass around it, and activated the air-lock.
The creature was taken abck by the sudden force that pulled him into the void of space. Ridley held on to the control panel trying not to be sucked out. She eventually made it to the air-lock button, and shit the air-lock door.
She looked out the window at the creature. It had been blown into the engine amd was slowly being incinerated by it. She watched it slowly die. She felt no remorse for it.
Slowly she walked over to the hyper sleep chamber, closed, and drifted off to sleep, saying, "Thank Celestia it's all over."
If only it were true.