• Published 1st May 2016
  • 407 Views, 5 Comments

Violet Skies - Fluttersnake31



A weather scientist falls into a cloud experiment and becomes something more. With her new powers, she's going to unveil Cloudsdale's biggest secret behind their 'breakthroughs' in weather control.

  • ...
 5
 407

Prologue

Prologue

Here we are, Cloudsdale, the great cloud city of the Pegasai. It's origin can be traced back over thousands of years ago, back when Commander Hurricane called it Pegasopolis. Despite any proof that they are the exact same, the idea had always been there. A paradise in the sky for pegasai and them alone. No other races could touch them for the longest of times. Eventually, unicorns' magic and earth pony's inventiveness led them to their own spells and devices to walk among them, but none could truly live there. Now, one thing that really made this place special, was the creation of the weather factory. The one place where everything weather related could be produced, stored, and ready for use at a moment's notice was the crown feature of this glorious city. All sorts of ponies were drawn to it's wonder, bringing in workers and scientists of all pony races. Years went on however, and the factory became less of a tourist attraction and more of what a factory really is, a machine. It sat in the background as ponies lived their lives and the world grew, until one young worker was promoted.

Rainbow Dash was well known across Equestria, being one of Princess Twilight's best friends and helping to have saved the world several times over. She even became a Wonderbolt for a few years before settling down and returning to her sky clearing job. The day she was promoted was pivotal to it's rebirth. It started when the lead scientist and CEO was killed in a lab accident. They had been researching the strange energies of the Everfree Forest when a prototype thundercloud struck them without any known reason. When looking for a new face for the company, they went to their most loyal employee. Rainbow Dash happily accepted the pay raise and took the job.

With her new authority, she cleaned up the factory and invested in new directions to take weather production. Hiring over seventy new specialists and researchers, she brought the factory into new light. Quickly, they solved many problems and inefficiencies in the factory's previous work. Things only got better when they developed a suit that would allow pegasai to clear rogue Everfree clouds, beginning their efforts to clear away the forest's sky permanently. Cloudsdale wasn't the only city to benefit, as Ponyville began to cut into the Everfree's territory, clearing away a portion of it's chaos. With Ponyville expanding, Rainbow could only keep looking forward. If she can conquer the Everfree Forest, then the Frozen North won't stop her either. With more research and a new weather mech built for weather teams, they even began to push back the icy chill that surrounded the Crystal Empire. Rainbow Dash could never be any less famous now than she had become, and she could only get bigger from there. She knew, one day there would be no cloud that disobeyed her.