• Published 28th Apr 2016
  • 1,255 Views, 25 Comments

My Best Friend Is A God - Prince_Zodiac



What would happen if we added a god to the CATR story line?

  • ...
8
 25
 1,255

Chapter Two: First Day


Chapter Two: First Day


Sunset was worried. About what exactly? Her friends of course! And Zodiac knew it too. Currently, he was watching her walk out of her classroom, *cough* stalker *cough.*

“Fuck you Pyra!”

Anyway, he was watching her as she wonder just what Treble meant to her friends when she bumped into Fluttershy. The shy girl had tears in her eyes and was quietly sniffling.

“Fluttershy, are you okay?” Sunset asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just get really sad this time of year.”

“Oh, well, how about you tell me how you met Treble? Some happy memories ought to cheer you up.”

“Okay, I’ll try.” As Fluttershy began to recall the tail, Zodiac floated away.

’Don’t really need to be concerned with stories of the past. That job belongs to the main timeline.’ Wondering what he should do first, he decided to wait around till fate called him. It came in the form of a voice over the intercom.

WOULD ALL NEW STUDENTS PLEASE REPORT TO THE PRINCIPLE’S OFFICE? THANK YOU.

“Welp, duty calls.” He made his way over to the principle’s office, changing his appearance from wizard getup to a bulky blue hoodie with a belt on his right arm, gray pants, and a red scarf. His gray hair was spiked, and combed forward, and he pulled on two black fingerless gloves seemingly out of nowhere. The only thing besides the red scarf that he still had with him was his hat. He was quickly met up by Treble as he made walked down the hall.

“There you are Trebs, was wondering where you went.”

’Sorry, was running a little late. Still have some things to set up you know. By the way, what’s with the getup?’

“Oh what this? Well I can’t just walk around in my normal clothing can I?”

’You look like you’re from an anime.’

“Tch, like you’re one to talk. Anyways, are we the only new students?”

’I don’t know, you tell me.

“Right. Well in that case, no we aren’t the only new students. However, I’m not going to tell you who the others are because spoilers.” Treble simply nodded as the two walked into the principle’s office. When they entered, they saw that they weren’t the first to arrive.

There were three other girls there. Each of them looked to be from some sort of rock band or something due to their clothing, and each had different hairstyles, the orange one’s being the most outrageous.

’How much do you wanna bet they can hide all of that in small hoodies?’ Zodiac strained to hold in a chuckle as principal Celestia turned to see them walk in.

“Ah, Zodiac and Treble, good to see you made it. Now, today I’ll be having a student tour you around campus. She’ll be meeting you in the main hall. Any questions?” With no hands raised, Celestia nodded, and sent the students on their way.

Treble kept his hood up in case of being seen by one of the human five. He looked back slightly and saw the girl with orange hair looking at him strangely. He had seen that sort of look before, he knew no good would come of it. So, he did his best to ignore it, but immediately knew that it would be a long time before those types of looks stopped going his way.

“You alright there Trebs?” Zodiac asked quietly.

’Yeah, just a little uncomfortable with the look that orange haired girl is giving me, but it's fine I've dealt with this sort of thing before.’ Treble responded in his thoughts.

Zodiac used his magic to silence his laughter, knowing what would happen later down the line, but we'll get to that eventually, unless you've read the original story, then you know what happens. Eh, doesn't matter.

“Quit getting complicated and continue!” Zodiac called out. Everyone else, including Treble, stopped and stared at him. “Um, heh heh, voices in my head?”

“Ignore him,” Treble said to the other girls as he continued to walk. Continuing on, the small group eventually got to the front of the school where Sunset was waiting for them.

“Oh, there you all are. I was starting to worry that maybe I had come too late.”

“Yeah, sorry about that,” Zodiac began. “Treble and I were kind of running late.”

“Pfft, well anyways, my name is Sunset for those of you who don’t know, and I’m going to be your tour guide for today. Now how about the rest of you introduce yourselves so we can all get to know each other?”

“My name is Adagio,” the girl with the orange hair started, “and these two are my sisters Aria and Sonata.”

“Hiya!” Sonata said excitedly.

“The pleasures all yours,” Aria said in a dull voice.

“Alright,” Sunset said. “Well, nice to meet you all. And how about you two?”

“My name is Zodiac Prince,” Zodiac said, “and this here is my buddy Treble Clef.”

“Sup,” Treble greeted.

“Okay, well now that we all know each other, let the tour begin!” Sunset led them down the halls of the school, showing the newbies around and giving them little tidbits of info every once in awhile. Eventually, they finally made it back to the front of the school. “And that ends our tour! Any questions?”

“Nope,” Zodiac said.

“None here,” Adagio agreed.

“Oh wait!” Sonata shouted. “When’s Taco Tuesday?!”

“Um… on Tuesday?” Sunset replied unsurely.

“Really?”

“Of course it is you dolt!” Aria criticized. “Why else would it be called Taco Tuesday?”

“Hey, stop being so mean to me!”

“I wouldn’t be so mean to you if you weren’t the worst.”

“I’m not the worst! You’re the worst!”

“No you are!”

“No you are!”

“You’ll have to excuse them,” Adagio apologized as she got in between her sisters to stop the fighting, “they’re idiots.”

Zodiac quietly chuckled away as Sunset gave them a weird look.

“Um, alright,” Sunset replied. “Well, any more questions?” With none more to ask, the students went on their way. Treble and Zodiac walked off to their second period, intent on getting there before class ended. After all, they didn’t want to miss a single thing.

Author's Note:

I'm back everybody! Sorry I haven't posted in forever, been busy camping, and I also got a new job. But, I'm back in action ready to post stuff once again! Anyways, here's chapter two of "My Best Friend Is A God." The story is now just starting up. sorry that it's kinda short but it does try to follow "Cut Above The Rest" as closely as possible. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter everyone!