• Published 31st Mar 2016
  • 2,279 Views, 59 Comments

Unicornia - Yukito



Equestria is under threat by a terrorist group that seeks to return things to the old days. To the days that the three tribes ruled the country, not the alicorn sisters Celestia and Luna.

  • ...
7
 59
 2,279

Chapter 14

"Queen Platinum! Why are we traversing this harsh weather?!" one of Platinum's guards asked, shielding his goggled face from the strong storm that threatened to carry him into the air and shivering from the intense cold caused by the blizzard.

"You moved the body, so the hideout should be safe!" the other guard added, struggling to keep up with the group.

"It's not enough!" Queen Platinum shouted. "To win this war, we need enough power to take down Celestia and Luna once-and-for-all! We don't have the time to raise an army!" Platinum stopped for a moment after she almost tripped. "The Crystal Empire… is where he is! My brother!"

"I heard he tapped into dark powers and became a monster!"

Platinum nodded her head. "Yes! And that is exactly the type of power that we need!" Suddenly, the storm stopped. The trio also stopped, and removed their goggles, looking ahead to the sight of the glorious Crystal Empire standing before them.

"Where is everypony?" one of the guards asked as he stepped forwards, but he was stopped by Queen Platinum. After a few more seconds, the two guards jumped back as a heavy black aura started to manifest before them. "W-What is that?!"

Queen Platinum looked up towards the smoke that slowly started to shape itself into a face. "Hello again, my brother…"

"Sisssssterrrr…"


Trixie stared at Sunset Shimmer in shock, trying to grasp what the other mare had just said. She gasped as Sunset took another step towards Celestia, and rushed to place herself between the two ponies. "Wait!"

"Stand aside, Trixie. This pony deserves none of your mercy."

"Look, Trixie gets that some stuff went down between you two," Trixie said, earning a scoff from the orange mare, "But this isn't the right way to go about it! Don't let revenge blind you."

"Says the mare who craved revenge so much, she sold her soul."

"That was… T-Trixie made a mistake, and-"

"The only mistake you made… was not getting your revenge!" Sunset used her magic to push Trixie aside, and glared at Celestia, who was now standing on her hooves again. "I won't make that same mistake. I will kill her… After all of this time, I will kill you, Celestia, and burn your entire tribe to ash!"

Celestia's eyes widened, and then narrowed as she studied Sunset Shimmer. "You…"

"You, and your sister, and everypony who follows you! I will see to it that you all die!" Sunset found herself frozen by magic, and turned to glare at Trixie. "Stop this right now! I don't want to have to kill you, too!"

"Who are you?" Celestia asked, drawing a confused look from Sunset Shimmer. "It is true that I have not seen my student in quite a long time, but… you are not Sunset Shimmer."

"W-What?" Trixie asked, cancelling her spell and turning to Princess Celestia.

"Yes, my student had turned to darkness, and had plotted against me… but she was never consumed by the same bloodlust that has clearly taken a hold of you.

"Who are you?"

The question lingered in the air for several long, tense seconds, and was finally broken when Sunset started to laugh, lowering her sword as her voice grew louder. "Yes! I suppose I should let you see the face of the one about to kill you!" Sunset's laughter died down, and she gave the princess a menacing grin as green flames surrounded her body. "Perhaps you might recognise me better like this!"

Trixie and Celestia covered their eyes with their forelegs as the brightness of the flames overwhelmed them. As the flames died down, they could see once more, and when they lowered their legs to see what new form the mare had taken on, surprised gasps filled the room.


The fighting in Canterlot had taken a drastic turn upon Princess Luna's arrival. With her came the Night Squad, the famed group of ponies with bat-like wings that had fallen under her command upon the princess' return.

The Night Squad was a collection of the finest magicians, warriors, medics and flyers that Equestria had to offer. To become one was no easy feat, and their talents were put to use capturing the most deadly criminal elements, tracking down powerful artefacts that could be misused, and protecting Princess Luna from harm.

The Night Squad numbered only fifteen ponies, and even with only eight of them present, they fought fiercely, pushing back the rebels towards the city's gates and securing the parts of the city that had been swarmed.

The Royal Guard got their second wind, joining the Night Squad in driving back Unicornia and pushing the rebel group into chaos. Those who had joined for their own gains dropped their weapons and fled, and those who felt that the battle was lost began to surrender.

Robin Hood stood strong against Princess Luna, keeping her from getting too close by keeping his arrows trained on her. Will Scarlet fought two of the Night Squad's warriors, using his magic to push them back whenever they got too close. His ranged weapons had been destroyed, so he was forced to fight with a simple dagger and his horn.

Oasis had contacted Robin on the radio during the battle, telling him that an airship from the Crystal Empire was attacking, and that they were starting to get outnumbered. Robin assured her that he would be there soon, but at the rate things were going, he would have no chance of making it.

Drawing an arrow and pulling it back along his bow, Robin slowly rounded the corner where Luna was hiding, storing magic into his horn to counter whatever spell she might try to throw at him. However, the princess was not there.

"You fight well," Luna said, and Robin snapped around to point his arrow at her as she descended from above. "I have read your report, Hood. You were once a Royal Guard, favoured by my sister herself and a candidate for the Night Squad, but you resigned one day out of the blue and then vanished."

"Well, let's just say I had some disagreements with the way you and your sister were running things."

"Clearly. Though it pains me to think that a pony of your talents would turn to terrorism, instead of helping his fellow ponies."

Robin Hood narrowed his eyes. "That's exactly what I'm doing! Equestria is a country filled with ponies who deserve to live happy lives, including the ones you don't always see through a telescope!"

"You think it is easy what my sister does? But she tries her best for everypony! If you truly wished to help, you would lend her your support!"

"You speak as though it were so simple, but not everypony's voice can be heard!" Robin fired his arrow, which passed Luna, and he gasped as he ducked to the side, avoiding a blast of magic from above. He looked up to see Luna flying above him and drew another arrow. "Some of us are pushed aside by those at the top, and many ponies aren't even allowed to get close enough to voice their thoughts!"

"You think that that justifies terrorism?!"

"When you and your sister stole this country from us, you became obligated to keep it safe! Failing to do that, you no longer deserve to wear those crowns!" Robin fired one arrow, and then another one quickly. His second arrow shaved a few feathers from one of Luna's wings. The alicorn landed before him as he said, "There are ponies corrupted with greed right under your noses, yet you remain oblivious to them and allow them to hurt innocent ponies!"

Luna sighed, shaking her head solemnly. "It's true that there are things happening in Equestria that my sister and I have trouble spotting, but we truly are doing our best to make things right for everypony!"

"… I don't believe that you and your sister are bad ponies, nor do I begrudge you for stealing Equestria from the tribes that founded it." Robin drew another arrow. "But your time is up. Equestria is weak. It's time for a change in leadership."

"You believe that you have what it takes to lead Equestria better than my sister?"

"Not me alone. See, that's the thing: Equestria was founded by three tribes. Unicornia, Pegasopolis, and Earth, and it was the combined efforts of those three tribes that gave it strength enough to blossom.

"From the start, it was always King Midas' intention to return leadership of Equestria to representatives of all three tribes, and that will is carried through to me!"

"I would prefer not to fight you, Robin Hood. You seem like a stallion with a good heart. However, if you will not surrender, then I must, for the sake of peace…" Luna's eyes glowed as her body lifted into the air, magical energy coming out from her horn and circling her body. "I must stop you!"

'Just gotta buy enough time for Trixie and Sunset to capture Celestia! Just a little more time…' Robin fired his arrow as Luna charged towards him.


Oasis watched with horror as the airship bearing the Crystal Empire's flag fired its cannons towards the smaller ships circling around, walls of crystal rising up to protect the larger ship from all attacks made towards it.

"That's the airship that the Crystal Empire has been working on since its reappearance," Oasis surmised, earning a nod from Cadance, who was standing besides her with a frown matching Oasis'. "The 'Hope'."

"Unfortunate that its maiden voyage must be a combat experience," Cadance said. "The Royal Guard are swarming the entrances to the decks, and the Wonderbolts are converging, too."

"Pegasopolis is strong. They will keep them out."

"For how long?"

"Long enough to do what must be done. If not, we can still flee on our own ship."

"And then what? How many ponies will have been injured? How much damage do you think this fighting has caused?" Oasis remained silent, so Cadance continued. "What could ever make a pony turn against their own country like this? Where is the sense in fighting amongst ourselves?"

"… The sense?" Oasis snapped to Cadance, and yelled, "Where was the sense in my entire village being cast aside, simply for being poor?! Where was the sense in my older brother dying just for trying to save some lives?!"

"Bad things happen, and it is unfortunate."

Oasis shook her head, tears streaming down her cheeks. "You have no right to say that. You, who became a princess just because you were in the right place at the right time, and then got adopted by Celestia and given everything you could ever hope for! You married a handsome stallion and were given control of the Crystal Empire, and what did you have to suffer for it?!"

"Sometimes, it is just luck that leads us to our fates." Cadance turned to Oasis, seeing her shocked into silence by her words. "I won't deny that fate has dealt me a kinder hoof than most others, but I still worked to earn the things that I have now. It was unfortunate that that same hoof was never dealt for your village… however, I'm here now, and willing to help." Cadance extended her hoof, but it was batted away by Oasis.

"Why should I accept your help now, after so long?"

"You weren't in the right place at the right time, but you are now." Cadance urged her hoof forwards again. "Don't throw aside this opportunity, because you never know when it might be given to you again. Take what life can give to you, and maybe, just maybe, we won't need all of this fighting."

Oasis stared at Cadance warily for several long seconds, before slowly lifting her hoof. "… What do you get out of this? If the Royal Guard defeats us, then you win."

"What do I get? Well, how about a friend?" Cadance gave a smile, and added, "If you have the opportunity to help somepony, then you should. Isn't that the philosophy behind Unicornia? It's a good one… and one that I never realised I had forgotten, until recently."

"But… can I really call off this fighting, after coming this far?"

"It's never too late to turn back. Look inside your heart, and ask yourself: is this really the best way to solve everything?"

Oasis swallowed the lump in her throat, and slowly extended her hoof forwards, connecting it with Cadance's. "… I'll have a word with Robin Hood, but I can't promise anything."

Oasis reached for the radio to her side and turned the dials, trying to find the right frequency. "Robin? It's Oasis! Come in Robin! Robin? … It sounds like he's fighting…" Oasis backed away from the radio and turned to Cadance. "I've got to end the fighting! Wait right he-"

BANG!

Cadance gasped as a pegasus crashed through the deck above them, slamming down on Oasis' head and leaving the two unconscious in a pile on the floor. As she rushed to their aid, two more pegasi appeared, their swords pointed at Cadance.

"Send word to Prince Robin and the enemy! We've got a hostage!" one of the pegasi shouted, grinning as he slowly approached the startled princess. "Finally, we can turn the tides of this battle…"


Trixie simply looked on in shock and confusion, whilst Celestia… shook with terror, rage, confusion, and sadness. The lilac mare flicked her elegant mane and adjusted the crown atop her head. "It has been a long time, hasn't it, 'Princess' Celestia?"

Celestia was speechless. Standing before her was a living, breathing ghost. Only it was a ghost of flesh. A ghost that, just moments ago, she was fighting.

Trixie wasn't sure what to think, and uttered a simple, "Princess Platinum?"

The new mare turned to Trixie, her gracefulness consumed by rage in a single second. "That's Queen Platinum!"

Finally, Celestia narrowed her eyes, and said, "What cruel joke is this? Queen Platinum died over one thousand years ago!"

"Oh, but you're wrong," Platinum assured, turning back to the princess. "I never died. As you can see, I am right here, 'old friend'."

"The Queen Platinum that I knew was no changeling!"

Platinum gave a hearty laugh, and then replied, "Certainly not! But you see, when I had heard of my brother's exploits in the Crystal Empire, I trekked there myself, to see if he could… share some of his powers. Not to become a creature of smoke or… shadow, or whatever.

"You see, I knew that I would need more power to defeat you. I had heard of the changelings and their abilities to shapeshift, and I wondered if my brother's new abilities would be able to give me those same powers."

"So you became a changeling?" Celestia asked before shaking her head. "Impossible. Even for King Sombra, changing a pony's race for just a short time is no easy feat. To change it permanently should have been impossible for him."

"Oh, I am well aware. But you see, what Sombra did was not change my race. He merely gave me the powers to shapeshift and to detect emotions that a changeling has. I do not need to feed off of love, nor can I in order to increase my powers. The shapeshifting ability alone has come in very useful, especially for fooling all of your pathetic guards."

"So those 'sources' that you had…" Trixie trailed off, her surprised look having faded into a simple stare of extreme caution.

"Unfortunately, after my transformation, I needed to rest in my brother's castle for a few nights… This coincided with the same time that you and your sister attacked the Crystal Empire, and Sombra's curse had swept me along with everything else, too!"

Celestia's eyes sparked with sudden realisation. "Then, when the Crystal Empire returned…"

"So did I," Platinum confirmed. "And I knew that it was only a matter of time before you attacked us again. My brother was nowhere to be found, and the ponies in the town had become empty husks with no memories of what had transpired. I fled that forsaken place. Imagine my surprise when I had stumbled into a village that I had never heard of, and then learned that I had been hurdled one thousand years into the future!

"The worst part was finding out that you were happily accepted as our ruler… and that there was no rebellion anywhere in the entire country…" Platinum sighed, turning her head to the side as she reminisced. "I had taken some time to adjust to my new powers and learn the ways of this new world. I came up with a disguise to hide my identity… but found little point to living in a world where you had won. A world with no Unicornia. No Sombra. No place for me at all…"


I fell into depression. With no followers to lead, I was alone against the mare who had taken everything from me, and the army that blindly swore loyalty to her!

I found my way to Canterlot. Maybe I just wanted to be as close as I could be to my old throne, or perhaps I was foolishly waiting for some sort of miracle to happen. Regardless, I all that I did there was drink my sorrows away. The ale of this modern age did wonders easing my pain, and the other patrons had plenty of money that was easy to pinch.

I had almost given up all hope, but then an event happened that made me snap. Tirek's defeat was being celebrated all over Equestria. Ponies were happy to have survived such a catastrophe, of course, but the celebration was more to 'honour' the princesses, who had 'defeated' him! HAH!

"How can you be so blind?! The princesses are the ones who put us in that mess! Trusting Discord, the very embodiment of chaos itself, and leaving him alone?! With no safeguards?! They should be hanged for putting us in such danger!"

"Miss, perhaps you've had too much to drink."

"And then how do they respond?! They didn't fight at all, they simply hid their magic in somepony else! They tried to save their own hides and you're celebrating them as though they were heroes!"

Needless to say, my opinions were met with boos and jeers. I had to leave, not that I wished to stay amidst the celebrations in your honour. I was wondering how much longer I could keep going in this hellish new world… when a stallion from the tavern followed me outside.

"You're not alone in your thoughts," he said to me. He told me of a meeting that was taking place outside of Canterlot, in the forests outside of the city.

Out of curiosity, I attended the meeting. Imagine my surprise when I arrived, and a stallion calling himself the leader of 'Unicornia' was preaching to an entire crowd about the unjust rule of Princess Celestia! Moreso, this stallion was incredible. He reminded me so much of my father. His figure, his posture, his voice, and his sense of justice and loyalty to the common ponies.

Finally, there was some light that shone in my dark world. I had a newfound purpose in my life. A new army to lead!


"I did some research and discovered this 'Sunset Shimmer' – a pony who used to be Celestia's pupil, before being banished to another world. There were rumours that she came back and fought against your new pupil, before being banished again, which I found to be true.

"I took this mare's form and presented myself to King Midas. He was happy to take me in as one of his 'princesses'."

"But why show up as Sunset Shimmer?" Trixie asked. "Why not… show yourself as Pr- Queen Platinum?"

"What's more believable: that somepony who supposedly died one thousand years ago is alive and has yet to draw any attention, or that I am a changeling spy seeking to use Unicornia to stir chaos?"

"Trixie… supposes that that is a good point."

"One thousand years… finally, I have you right where you should have been all those years ago, Princess Celestia. At. My. Mercy."

Platinum raised her sword in her magic and stepped towards Celestia, bloodlust in her eyes as she closed in on her target like a snake cornering its prey. However, Trixie stepped between the two once more, stopping the former-queen in her steps. "Hold it! As Trixie already said, we have to keep her alive!"

"Because Robin Hood said so?"

"Because it's the only leverage against the alicorns!"

Platinum waved a hoof dismissively. "It doesn't matter. They would attack us regardless."

"It's true," Princess Celestia said. "Our people would not value two lives over the entire country and the resources that we gather."

"Not helping!" Trixie said through gritted teeth.

"See?" Platinum said. "She admits it. The cold nature of the alicorn tribes."

"Don't you see, Queen Platinum? That is why I had to become this country's ruler. Not because my father ordered it, but because, if not I, then somepony else would have stepped-up. Somepony who may not have had Equestria's best interests at heart."

"Oh, Princess Celestia. How quick you always are to justify your own actions, and yet, all that your talking does is prove how deluded you are."

"I'm telling you the truth, Platinum. From the start, I wanted you – the three leaders – to accept me of your own accord. I could sense your growing bitterness towards me, which is why I tried to give you some room. I hoped that you would come around. But, the situation was dire, and your subjects needed somepony to guide them through those dark times!"

"Enough! I've heard enough of your lies!" Platinum stomped towards Princess Celestia, huffing with each step that she took. "You're an alicorn, and all you alicorns care about is stealing what other races work so hard to build! You stole my crown, and my friends, but now I-"

Trixie drew her own sword and forced Platinum to stop. "We need her alive!"

"Trixie. Lulamoon," Platinum said through gritted teeth. "I won't ask you once more. Step. Aside."

"I understand how you feel, but this is-"

"You understand?!" Platinum fired a spell that knocked Trixie onto her back with a surprised yelp. "You understand nothing! You were born with nothing! You had your little show taken from you? You lost your dear love to your own stupidity? Try losing your entire kingdom! Try watching helplessly as your subjects fall before you, and somepony else saves their lives! Try watching those same subjects choose some outsider over the family that had led them for several generations!

"Try watching everything you've worked towards crumble, and know that you're powerless to stop it!" Tears streamed down Platinum's cheeks as Trixie rose to her hooves. In a low whisper, she added, "Try watching your two best friends in the whole world betray you… and then watching one of them murdered by the very pony who turned them against you."

"Queen Platinum, it was not I who murdered Chancellor Puddinghead," Princess Celestia said.

"You were the one who got into his mind, and convinced him to join your side! If it wasn't for you and your damn tribe, the three of us would have been friends forever! YOU. RUINED. EVERYTHING!"

"EVEN SO!" Trixie yelled, charging magic into her horn as she glared the former-queen down. "Even so, there is a right way and a wrong way! If you kill her now, you'll lose! We'll no longer have our leverage to keep the alicorns at bay, and Princess Luna will pull no kicks in tracking down and wiping us out!"

"Do you not get it?! We won't be holding them at bay!" Platinum raised her sword. "Celestia's death will mark my triumphant return, and on that day, the ponies of Equestria – soldier and citizen alike – will march forth and purge the world of the alicorn threat!" Platinum turned her hate-filled eyes to Celestia's. "Your people will die! Your cities will burn! And I will personally be there to execute the ruler of your tribes!"

"That… That's insane!" Trixie yelled. "That'll be a bloodshed for sure, on both sides! You'll be leading countless ponies to their deaths!"

"No price is too steep to emerge victorious in war!" Platinum took another step forwards, but was stopped as Trixie fired her spell.

"I won't let you do it! Our goal is to reclaim Equestria, not destroy it!"

"Equestria will never be free so long as they exist!"

"You're letting your desire for revenge blind you! Stop it now, or I'll… have to stop you…"

Platinum took a step back, her voice trembling as she let out a low, sorrowful laugh. The laugh quickly turned to a menacing one, and her mad cackles filled the large room and echoed through the castle's halls. "Of course!" As Platinum slowly calmed herself, she wiped some tears from her eyes, and then turned her glare to Trixie. "Of course… Everypony I ever care about betrays me, so why should you be any different… Very well, then! If you refuse to step aside, then you are officially a traitor to Unicornia!

"And there is only one punishment for treachery!" Platinum narrowed her eyes and leapt forwards, bringing her sword down on Trixie.

Trixie parried the blow and pushed the blade aside, and fired a blast at Platinum's face. It was deflected by a barrier that scorched the throne behind Celestia, and then Trixie ducked to the side and thrust her sword at Platinum's left foreleg.

Platinum dodged gracefully and stepped on Trixie's sword, pinning it to the ground. She swung at the showmare's horn, but her target teleported away, reappearing behind her with a spinning kick.

Platinum turned around and pushed Trixie back with a wave of magic, and rushed towards the fallen mare, bringing her sword down before she could get up. "I am a princess, Trixie! I have been trained in the finest arts of combat…"

"That's nice," Trixie said from behind Platinum, gathering magic into the tip of her horn. "Trixie's been trained in the finest arts of street combat. Wanna see how they compare?"

Platinum grunted as the illusion she had sliced faded, and she turned around, only to be met with a ray of light coming towards her. It formed a circle around her, which turned to electricity, trapping her inside.

"You think I can't counter a simple spell like this?" Light erupted from Platinum's horn, and the effects of Trixie's spell disappeared. She charged towards Trixie, swinging her sword as she closed the gap. "It's a shame that Princess Celestia managed to kill you, my dear friend! But don't worry! I'll avenge you, on the battlefield!"

Trixie materialised besides Platinum and kicked the side of her face, sending the former-queen to the floor as he sword slid away. As Platinum got up, she rubbed her cheek with a growl, and turned to where Trixie had been.

"One thousand years ago," Trixie began, appearing by Platinum's other side and giving another kick, this one to her waist, "Illusionists were rare, and the discipline was incomplete. You don't have much experience with them, do you?"

"So what?!" Platinum roared as she tackled Trixie, only to fall through the showmare and land on the floor.

"So, I have the advantage here, 'Your Highness'!" Trixie picked Platinum up with her magic and delivered a kick to her face. Blood poured from Platinum's nose, and Trixie released her. "Now that you've released some of that rage, maybe you'll be calm enough to see reason?"

Platinum lunged forth and grabbed Trixie's neck, strangling the pony as her teeth bit into her lip. "How dare you… How DARE you?! I am your QUEEN!"

"You're not the queen anymore," Trixie said, rather clearly, despite her current situation. "And somepony who would put the lives of their entire country at risk don't deserve to be so! I joined Unicornia to make things right, not to help some ghost from the past fulfil their personal grudge!"

"Then die by those words!"

A hoof on Platinum's shoulder startled the mare, but before she could turn around, her body was spun away from the fading Trixie, and her face was met with a blue hoof that knocked her onto her back. "Not today!" Trixie shouted.

Green flames surrounded Platinum, and when they were gone, Maud Pie was standing there, sniffing and regarding Trixie with fear and shaking eyes as blood ran down her lips. "P-Please, Trixie… You're hurting m-"

Another hoof met Platinum's face, and Trixie scoffed as the confused mare rose to her hooves again. "Did you really think Trixie would fall for such an old trick? I am a trickster! I lie for a living! Did you really think taking the form of somepony she cares about would be enough to defeat me?!"

Trixie rushed forwards, engaging Platinum in a hooffight whilst the other mare tried various forms to throw her off her guard. Nothing worked, though. Platinum took the form of Trixie herself, and then Robin Hood, and then even King Midas, which only seemed to make Trixie enraged even further.

Finally, Platinum was on her back, with Trixie above her, a hoof rising in the air and then coming down to strike her face. "Just surrender already! It's over!"

Platinum tried to cast a spell, but Trixie was fast, and her kicks were interrupting her each time. The only thing that she could do was transform, so she did… and for a moment, it stopped the showmare. Grinning, Platinum asked, "What's wrong?" she asked in Twilight Sparkle's voice. "I thought that this wouldn't stop you."

"It won't… Trixie is merely confused as to why you think her of all ponies would work."

"I wonder…" Platinum looked over to the door of the throne room. "By the way, did I mention that my abilities give me the hearing, and the sense of smell, of a changeling?" As she said that, Platinum changed her expression to one of pain and fear, complete with tears and sobbing that filled the room.

"Trixie, stop!" Rainbow Dash shouted as she burst into the room, panting as she looked over the scene before her. Celestia was captured, and Trixie was on top of a bloodied, crying Twilight Sparkle, her hoof raised in the air, as though ready to strike again.

Suddenly, any attempts to reason with the mare were thrown out of the window, and Rainbow Dash bristled, her wings extending as adrenaline rushed through her body.

Trixie realised her situation and quickly tried to reason with the mare. "Wait, it's not-" Before she could continue, a blur had knocked her off of Platinum and onto her back. She was pinned by Rainbow Dash, who puffed steam from her nose as she glared down at the dazed showmare.

"How dare you hurt my friend?! I can't believe I ever thought there could be some good in you! Whatever Maud sees in you, it's wrong! YOU'RE UNFORGIVABLE!"

Trixie's horn glowed. "Damnit, stop! She's-"

Trixie's words were halted, as was Rainbow Dash's heated rage. The two mares were frozen, and their faces began to pale, as blood poured from Rainbow Dash's stomach, onto Trixie's coat.

Trixie managed to slowly move her head, where she found Platinum's sword piercing her chest. She followed it through Rainbow Dash's stomach, and found Twilight Sparkle standing above them, grinning from ear-to-ear as she was surrounded by green flames.

Suddenly, the sounds of hoofsteps caught Platinum's attention, and she turned to find Celestia fleeing from the throne room. "Hmph. Saving your own skin, are we? Well, it's as expected, after all…"

Platinum pulled the sword out from the two mares, and a gasp escaped Rainbow Dash's mouth as she fell limp on top of Trixie. Trixie tried to get up, but her legs weren't responding. Her eyes weren't focussing, and she couldn't bring any words to escape her mouth.

As the two mares lay in a pile on the floor of the castle's throne room, Platinum sheathed her sword and chased after Celestia, green flames consuming her body as she ran.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Striker for proofreading.