• Published 17th Jun 2012
  • 2,227 Views, 22 Comments

A Purpose - MrSuicide



Ponyville fillies discuss June 17's "special occasion"

  • ...
1
 22
 2,227

Chapter 3 : Apple Bloom :

Chapter 3 : Apple Bloom :
_____________________________________________________________________________

After Scootaloo and her new found family finished their “presentation”, Cheerilee trotted to the front of the classroom, announcing the next filly that will present next.

It happened to be Apple Bloom.

The pale light grayish olive Earth pony stood up and trotted to the front of the classroom once the new family was sitting at or next to Scootaloo’s seat.

From the front of the classroom, she saw that her friend and fellow Cutie Mark Crusader had finally found her peace. Seeing Scootaloo cuddled with her two parents made her smile and she reminded herself that she’ll need to wish on a shooting star later tonight, that is, if she could find one.

Any hay, she brought in Big Macintosh for today’s presentation.

Though weird in thought, she had her reasons.

It seems like the audience had the same thought process, but once she told them that she never saw or met her father, specifically her parents, at all, the audience went dead silent.

She explained that she grew up as a filly without knowing her parents, but came to view Applejack and Big Macintosh as her surrogate parents when she was growing up on the farm so it wasn’t too bad.

Even though, it would be nice to actually know her biological parents, she couldn’t nor would she discard the ponies that she had grown up with. Asking more then she had was like a sin to her.

Besides, having Big Macintosh as a surrogate father wasn’t too bad at all.

He rarely spoke and when he did, it would only consist of “eeyup” or “nnnope”, but it was fine with her. It was his way of communicating with her after all.

Whenever he was on a break from tending the field, she would consult him for numerous “things” if Applejack wasn’t available.

And just because he doesn’t openly show it, doesn’t mean he isn’t. What she was referring to was his intelligence as she explains to the audience that sometimes, he would help with her homework and “exams”.

She loved him as a big brother and a surrogate father, but like the filly she was, she asked Granny Smith what had happened to her parents.

In turn, Applejack replied to her question since it was a bit late at the time that she had asked the inevitable question that they feared for some reason.

She remembered that Big Macintosh had taken Granny Smith and “carried” her off to bed.

Her parents loved her in fact, to an extent that they had fallen for her. At the time, she was confused what her older sister had meant, but once she told her that story, she understood.

According to her older sister, the reason why Granny Smith’s home was in Ponyville and not with Braeburn at Appleloosa, since he would love the help over there, was because their parents weren’t with them any more.

After the devastating loss of losing Applejack, since she decided to move to Manehattan to live with the Oranges, their parents, Big Macintosh and Granny Smith did all they could to run the farm.

However, as a foal, though she didn’t quite remember the incident, Applejack stated that she unknowingly crawled into the Everfree Forest by accident.

It was actually due to a hole in a fence that was faced towards a certain forest and her excitement as to view the “outside world”.

In filly Apple Bloom’s point of view, the “outside world” is simply the outside of Sweet Apple Acres since she was kept within there for safety reasons.

Once the apple family realized that she was missing, her parents, being the brave earth ponies that they were, traced her steps and eventually lead them to believe that she crawled into the forest.

They left Granny Smith and Big Macintosh to watch over the farm while they went off to search for her, believing the forest shouldn’t be too much of a problem since they do occasionally travel in to it for herbs and things of interest.

They planned that they would get in, search, avoid the dangerous creatures, locate item: Apple Bloom and then, they would mad dash towards the exit of the forest.

However, it didn’t go as well as they had easily planned.

Not only they did confront timer wolves, those creatures had their beloved daughter with them.

Apparently, they were arguing who would get the piece of meat, but her parents sprang in to action to their disbelief.

Even though it was dangerous, her parents had managed to retrieve her at the cost of their hooves.

Her father decided to distract them for her mother and herself to get away.

Unfortunately, her father was quickly dealt with due to their pack size. Her mother managed to get her out in one piece, but she suffered several wounds. Back then, they didn’t have the hospital that Ponyville currently had, resulting her mother to go unconscious without much medical aid and never awaking ever again.

That story had haunted her ever since and it still does.

Who wouldn’t? Knowing that the cause of her parents was her fault, she locked her room and didn’t come out until Big Macintosh said a few special words that she would always treasure within her heart.

Remember the circumstance, the time it had happened.
You were but a foul and in truth, we should have fixed that fence…
Don’t be so grim…they did it for a good cause.
Remember that you lived because of them.
Though we missed them, it couldn’t be helped.
And no, we don’t hate you.
We hate the creatures.
We aren’t even pointing our hooves at you. Not now or ever.
Because you are our dearest little sister that we all love and would happily protect.
Open your eyes will you? They truly loved you...loved you enough to save you from danger.
You were always their treasure. Look! See how happy they look in their paintings?
So please come out of your room and be a part of us again?

And from then on, she had Big Macintosh as her surrogate father because he had the same characteristics as her father.

She would like to personally know her father, but Big Macintosh was the closest thing she had to a father and she wouldn’t trade it for anything, not even for a cutie mark because family members were more important.

She ended the presentation with a “Happy Father’s Day”, obviously directed to her older brother, no, her surrogate father that she knew and loved ever since the dawn of time…
_____________________________________________________________________________