• Published 17th Jun 2012
  • 2,227 Views, 22 Comments

A Purpose - MrSuicide



Ponyville fillies discuss June 17's "special occasion"

  • ...
1
 22
 2,227

Chapter 1 : Introduction :

Chapter 1 : Introduction :
_____________________________________________________________________________

It was just another sunny day in the town of Ponyville.

Except, it wasn’t exactly just another day

In fact, many ponies across Equestria were celebrating this event with their families and friends.

But, let’s just concentrate on the population of Ponyville instead.

Today was a Sunday, which fillies like Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, otherwise known as the “Cutie Mark Crusaders”, would attend school due to a school policy that Princess Celestia had recently changed.

At least they got to stay home from school on a Friday in exchange…

Each fillies began their day, from their respectable households, leaving their homes after doing their daily “morning” rituals and consuming their respectable breakfast foods.

Unfortunately, only nine fillies could only attain school on a daily basis, seeing that Ponyville somehow never got the bits to build a bigger schoolhouse despite the increasing population of fillies within Ponyville.

Maybe Mayor Mare spent the bits in her quest of drinking the large quantities of cider that past season…?

Cheerilee, the school’s only teacher who taught the filly’s elementary class, decided to do a little something special today. Instead of the usual lessons on cutie marks and whatnots, she decided to have the class dedicate something, preferably a speech, to their fathers in honor of Father’s Day like how she did for Mother’s Day.

Like Mother’s Day, she would get the respectable parent, which would be a stallion this time, to come in to the classroom to hear or observe what their fillies had to present them in front of the classroom.

Unlike last time, fillies would be allowed to receive help if necessary, but only from their mothers and siblings in order to “surprise” the stallions of each family.

Once the nine fillies, with their respectable parents, showed up at the entrance of the schoolhouse, Cheerilee would unlock the door for them to enter and have them seated at their wooden desks.

The schoolhouse wasn’t big enough to fit more than it should, but they’ll manage. Each filly had seats next to their small wooden desks for their parents to sit.

The front row had Scootaloo, Twist and Sweetie Belle.

The row behind it had Silver Spoon, Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara.

The last row had Dinky Hooves, Pipsqueak and Featherweight.

“Now, since we are all here and present for the most part, let us begin our Father’s Day celebration shall we?” Cheerilee announced.
_____________________________________________________________________________