• Published 10th Mar 2016
  • 275 Views, 3 Comments

Twilight's Sister - SabrinaRoth



We all know Shining Armor. But we don't know Katyla, or Solar Shadow. Katyla Sparkle has a need in her. A need for power. And she finds that need when she meets the most despicable pony in Equestria: King Sombra.

  • ...
 3
 275

Explaining Sombra

We swiftly and quietly followed Shining Armor to his destination, and watched from a cluster of bushes as Princess Cadence approached our brother.

“Hey there, cutie.” Cadence says, nuzzling Shining Armor.

“Why, hello my princess.” He answers.

“Yuck!” Twilight whispers in the bush, sticking her tongue out and her hoof near her mouth in a sign of disgust.

“Ssshhh...” I reprimanded her.

“Oh, yeah.” she said sheepishly. We turned our heads back to Cadence and Shining Armor’s conversation, just in time to see the pair of ponies walking away from us, towards the Canterlot Archives, which nearly made me melt with sappiness. What better than to spy on my brother in the library while he was on a date? Especially in the library!

“Come on Katyla, we have to follow them!” Twilight whisper-shouted at me.

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” I said, turning to face her, but stopped when I felt a hoof on my shoulder. I turned slowly, and found myself staring deep into the blood-red eyes of the strange stallion. I stifled a gasp, as well as a smile at being able to see him again.

“Be quiet. I don’t want anyone to know I’m here.” He warned.

“Who are you?” I ask.

“I’ll tell you later. But for now, be quiet.” he answers.

“Later?!” I stutter, as he puts a hoof over my mouth in exasperation and drags me away, using his horn to levitate me and loosen the burden of my weight.

He dragged me along through Canterlot, and I recognize landmarks along the way, even seeing my brother and foal-sitter sharing a shake outside of an outdoor café. I also saw Twilight all too obviously spying on them from behind a tree. I almost groan outwardly, until I think about the mystery stallion shushing me again. We ran down the streets of Canterlot, and eventually into he outskirts of the city, right underneath Cloudsdale. Eventually, we approach the Everfree Forest, and the stallion dumps me on the ground as gently as one can when releasing an object from a magical grasp.

“My name is Sombra.” He announces without preamble.
“Let me guess. You already know my name?”

“Yes, Katyla” He said shortly.

“You've followed me so much that you already know my name?”

“No. Your sister is so loud that I heard her shouting in the bush.” He explains.

“Everybody heard her.” I agree, “Now, why did you drag me here for no reason?”

“To answer your questions.” He answers simply.

“What?” I stutter.

“I’m here to answer your questions about me.” He repeats.

“You knew I had questions?”

“I could practically hear your thoughts as you walked away. That, and I’m so powerful I can sense every thought of every pony.”

“Ohhhhkaaay, then. Why were you following me? Where did you follow me to?” I start off.

“I was so close to you when you bumped into me that I saw your thoughts. How you cheated just to win. And how much you were really enjoying that book.” He adds with a hint of a smile.

He went on to tell me that he was next in line as king of the Chrystal Empire, something I had never heard of before, and how he poured himself into studying like Twilight and I. He also explained that he now had a “bond” with me from when we bumped into each other. Apparently, if he touched somepony while casting that spell, they became connected and he could dimly hear my thoughts. He cautioned me that our connection could grow stronger, and that it could possibly be dangerous to us.

“Dangerous? How?” I question him.

“It might literally pull us together when we’re apart. Imagine sitting at the library, just reading, then bang! We’re pulled into each other like we’ve been released from your little sisters slingshots!” He demonstrates this by first keeping his hooves wide apart, then brining them swiftly together with a loud “Bang!”.

“Anything else it might do to destroy us?” I ask.

“Well, if one would concentrate hard enough, we could see into each others minds. Just think how disastrous that would be.” He says, almost shuddering.

“You say that like you do have something to hide.” I say pointedly.

“I don’t have anything to hide, except for embarrassing secrets!” He says hurriedly, as if he was hiding something.

“Okay, okay. You’re not going to tell me.” I put my hooves up in mocking defense, and ask another question. “Would we be able to feel one another go into each other’s minds?” I wonder.

“I haven’t tested it yet.” He replies. “After all, I’ve never accidentally bumped into a pony and was suddenly able to read minds.”

I continue to bombard him with questions, until he notices the sky darkening and the moon rising.

“I better get home.” I say standing up.

“You’ll never make it in time if you run.” He points out.

“Thats why i’m not running.” I counter. “I’m one of Celestia’s top students. Of course I’ve mastered the teleportation spell.” I reply with a smirk.

And with that, I imagine our doorstep, summon my deep purple magical aura, and in a flash, I am back home. I trot inside with a smile, imagining Sombra just staring at the scorch mark I always leave, and shaking his head.

Author's Note:

Another week, another chapter! Short chapter, short answer: I've been busy. Nobody's answered my competition! And for those of you that didn't see it, here it is. Simply find the Harry Potter references in the first chapter, and you're OC will be featured in the next chapter. Easy. And if I ever mention Star Swirl the Bearded: (1) No, he is not a Harry Potter reference, and (2) If you don't get that "joke" look up Star Swirl the Bearded's Amniomorphic Spell online. Only Harry Potter fans would find it funny though.

If you are in the future and reading this after I've posted the next chapter, enough rambling from me, and read on! If not, then just wait until next Wednesday.