• Published 21st Feb 2016
  • 297 Views, 4 Comments

Given the Throne - DatRandomBrony MLP



A group of 8 friends must survive in this new, strangely colorful, land of Equestria. Weeks after arriving, the Princesses go missing. Now, they must find a way to survive and keep the kingdom alive. Will Equestria survive? Or fall to the enemy?

  • ...
 4
 297

Chapter 2

"And that's what happened when we got here."

Matthew placed his hands back on the table.

He and his friends were in Twilight's Castle. Matt and Lindsey knew who she was. But it would take the longest time for them to teach the others about Equestria.

Around the table sat his friends, who were pressuring him to tell them what went on as they were unconscious.

"Well, that puts us in a spot," Bethany says, frustration expressed on her face.

"What do we do now?" Victoria asked, panic clearly set on her face.

"We are here on this planet, while our lives are on another!" Marissa exclaims.

Lindsey hits Anthony's arm.

"Nice job! If you hadn't done your little 'Warm place to stay' ritual, we would still be on Earth!"

James hugs her tightly.

"Eh well. We can't do anything now." Anthony states matter-of-factly.

"But we can't sit by and do nothing," James points out.

Hayden nods, "So what's the plan?"

Matthew looked over at Lindsey.

"Well, I believe that Lindsey and I are the most familiar with this world." Matthew stated.

"True," Lindsey said thoughtfully.

"So I believe that we should handle it until the rest of you get situated." Matt finished

Everyone else agreed.

"When did you become the decision maker?" Bethany asked.

"Well, I woke up first and met Princess Celestia first. She said she would view me as the leader of our group." Matt answered.

"But we have no leader," Victoria said.

"That's what I told her!" Matthew replied.

"Anyway, it's a nice change," Marissa said.

"Just don't let it change our friend." Bethany said, concern in her voice.

"You got it," Matthew replied.

~*-^[]^-*~

The Next Morning

~~~~~

This is going to be a life-changing experience.

Matthew looked around the castle, then turned back to the room that they all shared. He saw his friends all awake, just talking. Lindsey was starting to teach them about Equestria.

At least I'm not alone in this.

He had to be grateful that Twilight allowed them to stay until they were able to get their own home.

Lindsey looked over at Matt and gestured for him to come over. He walked into the room.

"Hey so, now that we are here, can you help me teach them about Equestria?"

"Sure," Matt replied.

He sat down and told them what he knew. How the ponies here were not carnivores, how the money system worked, how social and political events went down, how the government worked, and the different places and species here.

Bethany rubbed her temples. "That's a lot to take in."

Lindsey nodded.

"Let's just take it slow. We only need to know a few of those things. I just thought it would be helpful later to know this." Matt said.

"Hey, what's for breakfast?" Anthony asked, innocently.

Marissa and Victoria sighed.

"You always have to think of food." They both said.

Anthony shrugged. "What? I'm hungry okay?"

"Yeah me too," Hayden replied.

"Same," James added.

Matt shook his head, a hint of a smile on his face.

"Ok. I know that Sugarcube Corner is nearby. We could go there."

"But you said they use, uh what's it called?" Victoria started.

"Bits!" Bethany reminded.

"How do we get those?" The group asked Lindsey and Matt.

Matt and Lindsey looked at each other, then back at the group.

"No idea," they both replied.

"And you said they don't eat meat," James said, "So protein from meat is out of the question."

"No! I want my meat!!!" Anthony exclaimed childishly.

"Well, you're gonna have to get used to that," Hayden said, laughing.

"Okay look." Matt interrupted.

The group all turned to Matt.

"I know the situation we're in seems bad. But we can only get through this if we work together. If we split, our predicament gets worse. So we need to focus on the entire groups' need. Not on our own. Understand?"

The entire group nodded.

"So who's with me?" Matt asked, placing his hand out.

The group put their hands on his.

"We will get through this together. If not, just blame it on me."

"I'll be waiting for that chance," Anthony joked.

Matt shot a glare at him.

"On the count of three," Matt said, turning back to the group, "we'll break, saying 'DEESH'. Got it?"

The group nodded.

"1, 2, 3!"

"DEESH!"

"Now, let's see what we can do to find ourselves some bits."

'Wow. He's changing a lot already.' Bethany observed. 'Better keep an eye on him so that he doesn't change too much so quickly.'

~.\/.~

At that same moment, Twilight Sparkle was walking over to them. She heard Matt take charge of the situation and the group all agreeing with him.

Wow. These humans are very close, aren't they? Twilight thought, smiling. And Matt is really good at taking control and keeping the group together. I knew there was a reason why Celestia made him the leader. But I wonder what she sees in him.

"Now, let's see what we can do to find ourselves some bits." She heard Matt say.

~.\/.~

Twilight walked into the room as the group stood up to leave.

Matt was the first one to acknowledge her presence.

"Your Highness!" Matt exclaimed, immediately going down to one knee.

The rest of the group followed.

Twilight grimaced. "First. Rise."

The group stood up.

"Secondly, I want you to call me Twilight. I am going to help you while you are here in Equestria."

"Thank you, Princess Twilight," Matt said, a hint of a smile on his face.

Twilight faced hoofed. "Just call me Twilight. Please. I hate my title sometimes."

"I'm sorry Twilight," Matt said, chuckling, "I just had to do that."

'Then again,' Bethany thought to herself, 'Matt doesn't seem to changing so much as I thought.'

Author's Note:

Woo, another chapter! Just like the last one, feel free to leave a comment or constructive criticism in the comments section. I want to make myself a better writer, so I turn to you guys, the readers. Thanks for reading!