• Published 24th Mar 2016
  • 394 Views, 0 Comments

The future of harmony - Storm Rival



Tirek will at some point make a return to equestria to wreak havoc. Though when he does those whom have beaten him before will be long gone. Who will the tree of harmony choose to continue the harmony Twilight and her friends have all set in motion.

  • ...
 0
 394

Chapter 1: summons of a princess.

Doctor Whooves

Oh, what a beautiful day it is. Not a cloud in the sky, perfect weather to solve some scientific mystery. Hmm, but what to do. I've done most everything that's interested me. Maybe I could make those volatile explosives that Derpy set off during Cranky and Mulia's wedding.

"Hey doc," I hear Derpy yell. "I brought you a letter!"

"Ah, hello there." I said

"How are you today?"

"I'm doing fine, however, today I seem to be having a stroke of scientists block."

"Say no more." She said in a peculiar way.

"Why, what's going on?" I asked

"You've got a letter from the princesses,"

"WHAT!!" I yelled flabbergasted.

"They told me to deliver it posthaste so, I did." She said giving me the letter.

"Have a nice day doctor," she said flying off.

Normally, I don't get nervous at all, the only thing I'd gotten nervous about before was my suit needing to be tailored for Cranky's wedding. The letter I now hold in my hoof brings a new meaning to the word, nervous.

I untied the letter and read what it said.

-----

Dr. Whooves,

It has come to our attention that you are the closest earthpony to crack the secret of time travel with that, We are in need of your service.

I, princess Celestia, have recently had a vision pertaining to a very devastating future. I do not wish that future to come to pass and request your assistance in that undertaking.

To accommodate you, we are sending a royal chariot to meet you in the center of ponyville, it will arrive at 1pm.
Sincerely,

Celestia, Luna.

-----

Me, the only pony to prevent a catastrophic future. I simply can't believe it.

Usually it's Twilight and her friends who do the sort. The way they stopped the changeling invasion for the royal wedding, or even just recently defeating Tirek. I honestly don't believe Twilight's claims as far as alternative timelines and her shenanigans with starlight glimmer, but I support her nonetheless.

The clock chimed 12, and it usually takes me about an hour to get to the center of town. I must hurry to that chariot and Canterlot at once.

Celestia

Such a boring average day. Ruler of equestria has some big horseshoes to fill, I just wish just something out of the ordinary would happen. All these ponies asking for royal stamps of approval, photographs, settlements legal issues and other sorts of activities. all of that just fills my boring day.

I wish at some point my I'd get a letter from my student, talking about some solved friendship problems, good times and other things. That would really get my mind off of things. I really don't like thinking this way, but it's possible she's moved on...

I sighed.

"Princess Celestia," I heard the guards outside the throne room door say.

"Yes," I reply

"The pony you requested is here."

"Bring him in."

Doctor Whooves

"Bring him in." Was what I heard from the room ahead.

"Go on ahead," the guards said to me.

I walked slowly into the throne room. As I did, I saw the glass art panes decorating the place, each detailing the fierce battles Twilight and her friends have fought. The last window had a picture of Tirek and Twilight facing each other and a beam of energy being shot between them.

I continue towards the throne and stop just shy of touching it and bow. "How can I be of service your majesty?" I asked.

"Please rise good stallion." The princess commanded in a soft yet authoritative voice.

I rose and looked at the princess.

"You've been called forth to make a time machine."

"I must ask, why me and not your royal scientists?"

"My royal scientists are all unicorns and this machine must..." She trailed off.

"'The machine must,' what?"

"The machine must be comparable with unicorns Pegasai earthponies and alicorns all alike."

I now wanted to voice my concern for how this would be done, "how do you-" I was cut off.

"I, myself plan to test this machine, once it is built of course." She said.

There was a silence about the room.

"Your highness, I beg you to reconsider."

"How can I when the fate of Equestria counts on this?"

There was silence yet again. Celestia started to give a tear, "I have been forced, so many times before, to leave the fate of Equestria in the fine hooves of Twilight and her friends," the princess said. "And now I have a chance to help them save it from certain doom. I'm not going to sit idly by while Twilight saves Equestria again. That will bring about our destruction."

Taken aback by what she'd said, I now know that I must help in anyway possible. "In that case your majesty, how can I be of service?"

Author's Note:

These two beginning chapters are written as best as I can get them to be. On multiple occasions I've asked for help on certain edits and whatnot and well so far this is only the beginning to what I hope becomes a pretty good fan fiction.
I thank you all for reading what little I have as of now. I do plan to work on this piece as best I can. I will also take constructive criticism on Edits and grammar use.

I wish you all an excellent day/night.:pinkiesmile:

Storm Rival.