• Published 21st Feb 2016
  • 918 Views, 20 Comments

Princess Celestia's Final Sun Raising - Rainbow Chaser



After a thousand years of protecting Equestria, Princess Celestia can no longer handle raising the sun on her own, as her final day draws near. It's up to Luna to make her big sister proud one more time.

  • ...
7
 20
 918

Savoring their time together.

Author's Note:

This is a bit different. I'm still going to do mature stories, but I want to try some sad stuff too. Hope you guys like it.

It had been many years since that night. Since then, equestria and its princesses have seen many changes. Celestia and Luna had put a stop to the God of chaos discord, the evil King sombra, and much more. Celestia even went through the pain of having to banish Luna to the moon after she turned into nightmare moon. However, it's not all that bad now.

Celestia in her rule alone had witnessed many events. Including the return of her dear little sister. The two have been closer than ever picking up where they left off before the dark times. She's even seen her own student overcome many obstacles and in the end by doing so she took her first steps to finally becoming the princess of friendship. Celestia had seen so much, and she has done so much. Even now, as she lay in her bed in her weak state, with her sister at her side, she was happy as she shared many of her happy memories.

"Tia... Can I get you anything?.... Anything at all?..." Luna looked over at her sister with a rather sad look on her face. The doctors have been in and out of Celestia's chambers all week ever since she collapsed during the summer sun celebration. She feared the worst and the doctors only confirmed her fear. After years of using her powers to raise the sun and moon all while making stars and keeping harmony in equestria during Luna's banishment, Celestia was growing weaker and weaker. She was dying. They said she only had a few days tops. That was only if she stayed in bed. "Perhaps some water? Or toast?" She asked. Her big sister only smiled as she coughed.

"I'm quite fine Luna... Thank you. You have done so much for me this past week... I owe you everything for filling in for me and I promise once I beat this.... I will make it up to you." Hearing this only made Luna tear up. She knew just as Well as Tia knew... She wasn't going to beat this. She has lived thousands of years. Her time is approaching, and there is nothing Luna can do to stop it.

"Tia just rest please sister. That more than makes up for it... You need your strength." She said. "It is time to raise the moon... I shall return soon." As Luna flew outside to do her nightly duties, Celestia thought about that day. The day she collapsed. After thousands of years ruling a kingdom by herself, she had all but used up what little strength she had to keep equestria safe. It was easier for her when Luna was around and it got easier after she returned from her banishment and was saved by twilight and her friends. But it all started to catch up to her.

She remembered raising the sun last week on that day, she felt a great pain in her body. Her inner sun was burning out slowly, and upon raising the sun, she collapsed. Alarming not only Twilight and Luna, but the entire land of equestria. When the princess of the sun collapsed, every pony scrambled to send her flowers, food, medicine, even cards. However it would do nothing. She knew it, Luna knew it, even her favorite student Twilight Sparkle knew it. Celestia was dying. But she wanted to be strong. For herself, for Luna and twilight, for princess cadence, shining armor, and their new foal, and for Equestria.

"I have returned sister..." Luna said as she entered the bedroom, taking her place once again at her sister's side. Celestia looked out the window seeing the moon shining beautifully in the night sky.

"No stars tonight Luna?" Tia asked her sister, wincing as she sat up. "You were always good at making the stars after I showed you how to do it." She said smiling.

"I... I tried but... But I can't. I think I'm a bit out of practice..." Luna said with a frown. "Sister I hate to ask... Especially in your current state... But do you think you could..." Before Luna could finish, Celestia was already standing, struggling to stay up.

"I'd be happy to..." She responded as Luna helped her outside. "A bit of fresh air might do me some good..."

"Just be careful sister... Remember you shouldn't over exert yourself..." Luna said with a concerned look. They both stood on the balcony, enjoying the crisp night air. Just then Celestia's horn lit up and one by one, the stars started to appear. Each one more beautiful than the last. As Luna looked up and smiled at her sister's work. Even in a weak state like this, her sister was able to make beautiful stars. Just as Luna was admiring the beautiful creation, she heard a thud next to her.

Celestia had collapsed right there on the balcony floor. "Sister?... Sister wake up." Luna nudged her but to her dismay, no response. She checked her sister's vitals, and they were not responsive either. "Tia! Tia wake up please! HELP WE NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE HERE! Please any pony!" Just then Celestia started to move.

"L-Luna... W-we must savor what little time we have left together..." With that statement she closed her eyes just as a group of on staff medical personnel carried Celestia back to her bed chambers.

Shes right Luna thought. I want to spend as much time with her as I can before it's too late... Just then, she had an idea. She was going to try to make stars again... She was going to make her sister proud.

"I will do it again... I'll make stars for you Tia.... I promise.... I will make you proud once more. Then only then, will I feel the weight of my mistakes lift away from me." With those words, she went to sleep on the balcony. Making sure to remain close to her sister just in case something happens.