• Published 21st Feb 2016
  • 356 Views, 0 Comments

From Dreams That Passed Us By - Steve Ott



It's been 1000 years since Princess Celestia has banished Nightmare Moon all while killing her younger sister. Now Nightmare Moon has broken free and begins to realize her dream for eternal night. Can the Elements and Starry Nights defeat Nightmare?

  • ...
 0
 356

Prologue

Prologue

From Dreams That Passed Us By

by hellvic notion

An MLP Fanfiction


"The only princess in Equestria shall be ME!", her younger sister screamed, venom laced in her voice. She raised her front hooves up in the air before slamming them back down with such force that it cracked the marble she stood on. Behind her, the moon was blocking the Sun's life giving rays from reaching the surface. Suddenly, by some invisible force, her younger sister was lifted from the ground as she began to be surrounded by black magic. Her pupils expanded as she disappeared inside of her magic bubble. The bubble burst, sending out a wave of dark magic through the throne room. Where Luna had once been, was now a hideous black alicorn that sported snake-like pupils and large fangs. She threw her head back before belting out a disturbing, unhinged laugh.

"Luna, you must lower the moon, it is your duty", Celestia, Monarch of the Sun yelled back, awestruck about what had transpired her so far. Her mind raced at a mile a minute. How could she have let this happen to her sister?

"Haha, you really think I'm still Luna? Well, no more because I am no longer your sister. I am Nightmare Moon", she replied with a sadistic grin plastered on her pitch black face.

"Then I do what I must", Celestia responded cooly. She took a deep breath before her horn began to crackle with pink energy. However, before she was able to properly prepare, she was attacked by her sister. She just managed to dodge out of the way before she fired her own magical blast.

Unfortunately, most of the details of the battle between the two sisters has been lost to history. We don't know how long the battle lasted as it could've lasted from a couple minutes to several hours to even several days. What we do know is that Nightmare Moon was defeated by the Elements of Harmony and banished for a thousand years in the moon. Historians have speculated that once the thousand years are up, she would be released from her prison. Optimists claim that she would have learned her lesson and be ready to stand by her sister's side once more. Most believe that when she returns, she will once again try to establish her eternal night. However, we were all misguided because we didn't truly know what happened in that throne room one thousand years ago.

The harmonious rainbow had found it's mark, having banished the Nightmare to the moon. Princess Celestia floated down gracefully with her eyes closed. Her mane was multicolored, no longer a solid pink as it once been. She opened her eyes, finally clearly seeing the devastation her battle had wrought on the throne room. Scorch marks were everywhere, pillars were destroyed, and Luna's throne had been broken into a million pieces. Suddenly, a hoarse voice cut through the eerie silence.

"Tia"

Celestia gasped audibly, her neck swiveled to the origin of the voice. There lied a broken, battered alicorn of the night. Cuts laced her body, blood dribbled from her lips, and she struggled to breathe through her broken ribs. Tears were freely streaming down her face, mixing with the blood that slowly pooled on the marble floor. Celestia quickly raced to her broken sister's side. "Luna, listen to me. You are going to be okay, you are going to be okay."

Luna weakly smiled before responding, "Sorry Tia, but I'm . . . dying."

Reality hit Celestia like a ton of bricks. Her sister couldn't be dying? This had to be some cruel joke? Her sister was going to be okay, right? "No Lulu, you are going to be alright, you hear? You are going to survive," Celestia cried, tears streaming down her face as well.

"I'm so sorry, so so sorry Tia," Luna apologized.

"No Luna, I should be the one that's sorry. If it wasn't for me, this would have never happened. I should have known what was going on," Celestia quickly responded.

Suddenly, Luna's tip of her horn began to light up. Celestia stepped back as the magic snaked around her near dead sisters body. Almost as soon as it started, it disappeared into nothingness. "It is finished", Luna calmly said. Her tail began to shrivel and turn black before being carried off by some invisible breeze.

"Luna, what's happening," Celestia asked, panic rising in her voice.

Luna looked up at her sister, now with almost half of her body gone and said, "When the Nightmare comes back, I will be waiting and I will help you defeat her once and for all." Luna then disappeared into the night, leaving only her black tiara.

Celestia let out a wail, tears cascading down her muzzle. I WILL END YOU NIGHTMARE FOR TAKING MY SISTER AWAY!

Author's Note:

So this is the first or what will hopefully be 29 chapters. I got the idea for this story late last night as I paced around my house. Yes, I am that weird. But anyways I decided to actually publish this story for the masses of Fimfiction.net after three years of writing nothing outside of school.

I also hope to actually finish this story rather then have it either sit unpublished or waste way for three long years. And don't worry, Luna is not going away just yet.