• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 364 Views, 5 Comments

Hearthwarming Tales - De Writer



A Collection of short tales about Hearthwarming.

  • ...
 5
 364

THE PAGEANT, a Hearthwarming Tale

THE PAGEANT
a Hearthwarming Tale

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

The log in the fireplace was burning merrily. Present wrappings lay scattered about. No matter how often the grown ponies suggested careful unwrapping and saving paper, bows and all for next Hearthwarming, the foals did exactly what the grown ponies had done when THEY were foals!

That was watched with tolerant good humor by the parents of the foals. They were all gathered together as an extended family. High Reacher and Cumulus, pegassi that had been friends for ages, had brought their two foals, Pud and Rain. Corrine and Zally, unicorns who were friends dating back to foalhood, had brought Light and Lifter, their two foals.

The hosts, the earth ponies, Morgan and Vanner, and their two foals, Placer and Leaf, had laid out a fine feast for their friends. Those had brought contributions too. The celebration was going just as a Hearthwarming celebration among friends should.

The well filled parents sat back with cider and watched a Hearthwarming miracle. The foal’s improvised Pageant was going off without a hitch! The whole story was unfolding exactly as it should, and not a single foal flubbed a line or stumbled on any prop.

It came down to the climax, with the discovery of the Elements of Harmony. The foals “Magically” produced their home made paper-maché Elements, all painted with ‘gems’ and 'gold.’ As they donned the Elements, there was a soft flash of light.

When everypony recovered their vision, they saw their foals wearing the real Elements of Harmony.