• Published 31st May 2016
  • 745 Views, 1 Comments

Rowan's Star Wars - RowanSkie



As the Jedi Order fell, a Knight finds a unicorn whose lineage came from an old legacy of famous heroes.

  • ...
2
 1
 745

3 - Fashionable Apprentice

In a planet which seemed to be uninhabited but full of plant life, the Jedi Knight Starswirl and young Padawan Twilight Sparkle the Honorary stepped out of their starship after they had landed on a flat space which seemed to be cleared just for them. Picking up a few materials, including an empty lightsaber hilt, Starswirl came out first. Twilight soon came after and nearly tripped as she was reading about the Old Republic through an old book. It forced her to run towards Starswirl who was surprisingly a few feet off staring at her.

“No distractions next time,” Starswirl told her. “There may be something which we may never know.”

After a few steps, things came into play as they recognized small busy towns full of ponies in the sky and land. Once they were close enough to observe one, the first thing that caught Starswirl’s attention was a statue of Master Luna on the outskirts. Twilight, wondering why there was such statue in a town, approached it with her master. As soon as they arrived at the base, they looked back as they heard footsteps.

“Who’s there?” Starswirl shouted.

Two ponies, one dark blue and another white, approached our alerted pair.

“It is us, Master Starswirl. No need to panic,” the dark blue instructed.

“Are you sure that’s Master Luna?” Twilight whispered.

Starswirl looked at Twilight and whispered back, “What makes you say that?”

“They don’t look Jedi,” she whispered back. “I mean, based on your holographic pictures of them, didn’t Master Luna have a faint scar on her ear?”

Starswirl looked at the two ponies before pulling out his lightsaber and ignited it.

“Starswirl! Young padawan!” a senile voice called out to them. “Run! They’re changelings!”

Twilight immediately ran over the statue and into the forest where it was located, leaving Starswirl alone with the two figures which transformed into bug creatures.


Twilight Sparkle ran and teleported, dodging obstacles that lie in the path she took in the forest she was in. She didn’t know where she was, and she regretted running away from her master. She stopped to turn away, only to find that the paths had vanished and the forest seemed to be against her. She fell to her knees and closed her eyes. She stood up, hoping that the Force would guide her, and began to walk. She ironically knew that the Force didn’t work that way, though. After walking and sidestepping, she opened her eyes to find herself in front of a bridge, and a ruined castle overhead where she saw two robed ponies. The tall dark blue one waved her hoof while the short white one looked at the tall one confused…?

“Master Luna!” she shouted. “Is that you?”

The tall one nodded. “Where is your master! young padawan?” she shouted back.

“Back at that statue that looked like you but more Dark-like!” Twilight replied. “Oh.”

Twilight immediately ran through the bridge and approached the two, bowing once close enough.

“Rise, padawan,” Luna commanded.

Twilight did so. “I think Master Starswirl needs our help.”

“I think we need to introduce ourselves first,” the white one suggested. “My name’s Padawan Rarity Belle. I came from Jakku.”

“Master Luna White of the Jedi Order,” Luna introduced. “How about you?”

Twilight gulped. She saw the holocron and how she should introduce herself. Should she?

“Padawan Twilight Sparkle the Honorary,” she whispered.

“What?” Luna asked.

Twilight spoke. “Twilight Sparkle the Honorary,” she introduced herself, rather softly.

“‘Honorary?’ That’s an ancient title, I daresay,” Rarity commented. “Are you from one of those old legendary lines of Jedi during the Old Republic?”

Twilight immediately changed the subject. “Uh… We should probably go and help my master first, right?”

“Right.” Luna looked at the bridge. “Let’s go. But the title discussion will be mentioned later.”


]“At last, I thought you were both animal food!” Starswirl greeted as he deflected beams from the incoming attackers using his lightsaber which hummed and sparked as beams deflected off it. “This place is dangerous! Was your call a distress signal or an invitation!?”

“It was an invitation,” Luna answered as she dived in, igniting her own lightsaber which sported a green blade on both ends. “And I was about to organize a welcome party and hide my padawan’s training materials until you alerted the changeling hive!”

“How did Master Starswirl alerted such a thing?” Twilight asked, taking a long stick from the ground and using it as a weapon. “Also, what’s a changeling hive?”

Rarity, who actually had a decent weapon which was a full-on green-bladed lightsaber, spoke up and answered the padawan’s question. “We are still wondering about that too, Twilight.” Rarity pushed a changeling off her, causing the chitin-covered bug to be thrown away. “And to be honest, we don’t either what changelings are.”

“We don’t have anything about our enemies!?” Twilight clarified as she used her magic to counter a few of the beams as well as hitting a few changelings with her stick. “How come?”

“They’re extremely well-hidden,” Luna lectured as her lightsaber deflected a quarter of the beams. “They also feed on one’s love, as much as I remember when they tried to attack a wedding. Luckily, they failed due to circumstances I will not explain.”

“Why?” Starswirl asked as the attacking creatures retreat due to the fact that they can’t overwhelm the Jedi Masters and padawans.

“No reason,” Luna replied. “They just stopped, then they said there were change of plans and they vanished.” As if on cue, the insect-like creatures have immediately left their sight. “Well, this is a surprise.”

“They’re retreating,” Twilight noticed. “Should we follow them?”

“No need,” Starswirl ordered. “For now.” He smiled. “I guess I’ve seen enough of your current performance to give you these.” Starswirl took the empty hilt and gave it to Twilight.

“Ah! Looks like two padawans will have their trials done on the same day,” Luna announced as she holstered her twin-bladed lightsaber. She then looked up. “Everypony, let us head out of this place; we are not safe here and I have somepony that wants to know about you.”

“This is not your ‘sister,’ is it not, master?” Starswirl wondered.

Luna chuckled. “All points to thee, my former padawan. Thee goddess of sky and sun, was until Imperial takeover. We never thought that thou Jedi would come and save us, free us from thy control.” Luna looked at herself. “Oh my, looks like my old language have returned, speaking about dear sister Celly.”

“Celly?” they all asked.

“Celestia,” Luna corrected. “We were first known as Princesses but after my discovery of the Force and my Jedi training, we departed from each other. Hmm.”

She looked towards a certain mountain where it seemed like a temple and a castle was built on the side. “How could I forget the Canterlot Jedi Temple?” Luna told the three. “I was about to build my own down in this forest. Should we all take a ride?”

“Are we going to use primitive technology?” Twilight asked as she looked around. “I can see train tracks…”

“Nay!” Luna flailed her left hoof. “We shall take a transport!” The Jedi master promptly pointed to a yellow device which looked like it had never been used for millions of years. “Well, after I clean it up.” Luna looked over the object. “And refuel it, if I can just find that fueling pod my sister installed…”