• Published 31st May 2016
  • 744 Views, 1 Comments

Rowan's Star Wars - RowanSkie



As the Jedi Order fell, a Knight finds a unicorn whose lineage came from an old legacy of famous heroes.

  • ...
2
 1
 744

2 - Mare of Tatooine Pt. 2

“Hey dad!” Twilight called. “Master Jedi Starswirl called me the Chosen One!”

Night Light, who was reading an ancient and intricate scroll his family had since the Old Republic era, jumped and nearly destroyed such ancient object as he stared back at her daughter, who seemed to have triggered some sort of alarm from the whole family, especially her brother who was coincidentally passing by.

“Chosen One?” her brother asked. “Must be because of your fur. I told you it’s ugly.”

“Hey, I happen to like violet!” Twilight protested back. “Why don’t you paint yours in red and black instead?”

“Stop it, both of you!” Night Light commanded. “Twilight Sparkle, meet me at my room. Shining Armor, go ‘pick up some power converters,’ if you want.”

The stallion grinned in a rather disturbing way as he rocketed out of their house, causing the remaining inhabitants to laugh. The three fillies, who were still there, followed. Twilight and her father then went into the room adjacent to where Starswirl was sleeping. Night Light closed the door and pulled out a small chest under his bed. He opened the chest, and pulled out a spherical device from it. He passed it to Twilight who wondered what it was until it lit up and revealed itself to be an old Holocron.

“Wha…?” Twilight could only watch as information leaked out from the old Holocron. “I… father… is this all true? We… we’re from a race of Jedi and Sith warriors?”

“T… I think you should go with Starswirl to train,” Night Light answered, nodding.

“Why?” she whispered.

Night Light blinked at his daughter’s rather distressing tone. “I… I think you’ll know.”

Saddened, Twilight left his room without the Holocron and headed towards her room and began to cry. As she grieved, Starswirl entered the room with his holocommunicator and walked out again, causing curiosity to take over Twilight making her follow. After a few circles inside her house, she poked Starswirl, causing him to stop and look a the holocommunicator.

“Oh.” He looked at Twilight before to his communicator. “Young Twilight Sparkle, do you wish to be my padawan? In return, I could let you see your ancestors’ achievements over the Old and New Republic. I am sure you are curious.”

“What will happen after that?” Twilight asked, showing a small ray of hope.

Starswirl looked at Twilight. “I am not sure, for the future will come from your acts alone,” he taught.

Before Twilight answered, his communicator rang and a holographic pony appeared. “Master Starswirl! I need your assistance as soon as possible,” it said. “I’m sending the coordinates to your communicator.”

Night Light bursted out of his room and encouraged Twilight to join him. The mare reluctantly followed, for she knew something good will happen sooner, or she thought. Starswirl took his robe and then headed outside. Before Twilight could follow, Night Light called her for one last time and gave her a robe on her own.

“Be safe, my daughter,” he blessed. “May the Force be with you and be never fall to the Dark Side.”

“I will, father.”


Starswirl was making preparations when he saw his friend’s daughter board his ship. He was rather amused and confused due to how she looked. So when she reached Starswirl’s chair in the cockpit, she went towards the navigational area. Starswirl couldn’t help but chuckle on how Twilight was enjoying technology, which he had noticed when he went into her room “accidentally,” spotting a rather abnormal amount of books and educational supplies. At least she will put her knowledge to good use after this.

Finishing the preparations, Starswirl then flew off away towards the space just close to the planet but not within its atmosphere and looked at Twilight.

“Twilight Sparkle, you are now my Padawan and I am your master,” he proclaimed. “We will begin your first training after we head towards the coordinates.”

“Hmm. What should I do while we wait, Master?” Twilight politely asked.

He smiled. “I have a small library, maybe you could entertain yourself with the lore of the Jedi Order first.”

And just like that, Twilight immediately searched for the bookshelves, causing Starswirl to break into laughter. Starswirl then headed towards the ship’s holoterminal and checked on the pony who sent a distress call to him. He recognized the mane after he saw it.

“Master Luna,” he welcomed. “Why did you sent your coordinates? Is something wrong?”

“I… you received my call?” Luna asked. “Out of all Jedi who would heard it, my old padawan receives it first. Anyway… I found a place for us Jedi. It’s not much for the moment, but once I have restored the abandoned temple in it…”

“What are you talking about, master?” Starswirl wondered.

“I want all of you to receive the glory of my former home, Equestria.” Luna grinned. “That, and I really want all of you to meet my sister, Princess Celestia of Equestria!”

Starswirl’s ears flopped as he heard his former master squeal like a colt. He jumped as soon as he also saw Twilight walking over, confused on what happened and intent on finding out what was the noise. She found her answer when she saw Starswirl’s holoterminal.

“Oh! Um… sorry! I mean, uh… I’ll be uh… leaving, I gues…?” Twilight stuttered.

“Well, it looks like the Force allowed a coincidence,” Luna proclaimed. “I also just picked up a new padawan. Her name is Rarity Belle.”

Starswirl looked at Twilight only to find that she was gone.

“Yeah… see you there, master.” Starswirl closed the connection and trotted over the library where he saw his padawan looking at various lightsaber hilt schematics.

He walked closer and smiled. “You’ll be there soon,” Starswirl told him. “You just need to train to use the Force with your actions. But first I must ask you a question.”

Twilight looked up.

“Will you accompany me to this task?”