• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 1,067 Views, 11 Comments

A non Brony in a pony world - jaysclub



What happens if someone who just got introduced to my little pony gets sent to equestria

  • ...
30
 11
 1,067

The truth

Non brony in a pony world

chapter 5

Mark and Steve were at John’s house ready to break the news to his family.

“You ready Mark?”

Mark had a look of worry across his face

“I don’t know if I can do this what if we go to jail for holding back information”

“It’s something we’ll have to deal with later now come on”

“But what if they don’t believe us”

“Then we’ll call John and he can tell them now come on”

They walked up the path to John’s house and saw the front door was open slightly.

*Knock knock knock*

John’s mother answered the door and she looked like she had lost a lot of sleep.

“Have you found John?”John mum said with excitement in her voice

“We haven’t but we know where he is. Is it okay if we come in?” Steve said calmly

“Yes please do”

When they stepped into the house they saw pictures of John everywhere from when he was younger to how he is now all over the place.

“It’s my way of knowing he’s with me *chuckle*”

“Is John’s dad here as well as we’d prefer to tell you both at the same time”

“He’s just gone to the shop would you like to see John’s room?”

Steve was getting into the same state as mark now.

“Erm yes please” John’s mum forced a smile.

“Great John your friends are here go on up”

They headed up to John’s room worried about what his room would be like.

“You ready Mark?”

“Not really but it might help us when we explain things if we can show them proof.”

They opened the door and saw everything was still the same and they headed towards the computer.

“Steve do you know his password for his facebook.”

“Yeah why.”

“Good turn on his computer and go onto his Facebook account and look for Tina and their last conversation.”

Steve did as he was told and found John and Tina’s first and only conversation.They then heard a voice call for them from downstairs.

“Mark, Steve his dad is here now.”

Steve left the computer on and followed mark down the stairs where they saw an angry looking father who looked deep into their eyes and gave them a firm and straight to the point warning.

“If you’re lying about the location of my son I will call the police and ask if I can get some restraining papers signed so you can no longer come near me or my family.”

After that was said he calmed down and motioned for them to sit down at their dining room table. No one said anything for two minutes then Mark started to tell them the story

“Well it all started at school when John asked us about this group at school and what they were talking about this question caught the interest of one of the group members who asked us to show him what they were talking about.”

Mark was looking straight into the eyes of John’s dad who decided to ask a question.

“When did this talk with this other boy happen. Was it the day he disappeared?”Mark nodded in response.

“Yes, John told us he was going to see Fiona a girl he wanted to ask out who told him to meet her at the town park after school. He sent us a text saying it went badly so we sent a text back saying come to Steve’s house so we could show him something that should cheer him up. He came round to Steve’s house where we were going to show him the show. Then when we saw him he was with Tina.”

The mother jumped in and asked a question.

“Who is Tina is she a friend of his?”

“We think so we don’t know exactly who she is but before she left she said I’ll talk to you on Facebook later.”

“Steve would you like to continue the story.”

The father’s gaze left Mark and focused on Steve while he spoke.

“So John came into my house and we showed him the show that the group was talking about”

“What was the name of the show?”

“My little pony friendship is magic”

The dads face changed from anger to confusion upon hearing the shows name but decided to not ask why they would watch the show.

“Well after showing him an episode of the show we showed him a couple of other My little pony videos. Then when he left that’s the last we saw of him.”

“Is that it or is there more” The mother asked trying to understand what she has been told.

“Yes there is more he sent me a text after Tina told him he could take him to Equestria. Its what the area of the show is called”

“So what happened next?”

“He told Tina yes expecting nothing to happen and I called him and he didn’t know where he was.”

The Father jumped in again.

“Wait let me guess he’s there in the show.” Mark and Steve both nodded in response.

“I’ve heard enough of your lies I’m calling the police.” He got up and head straight for the phone when he picked up the phone Steve panicked and blurted out something which they both hoped would help the situation.

“WAIT WE CAN CALL HIM TO PROVE HE’S REALLY THERE AND SAFE.”

Upon hearing this John’s dad decided to give them one more chance.

“Upstairs on his computer is his conversation with Tina and we have his number here please believe us.”

John’s dad put the phone down and decided to check what they said was the truth.

“Fine I’m going to check the conversation upstairs Mark come with me and Steve get him on the phone.”

John’s dad headed upstairs and Mark followed and he saw the conversation about going to Equestria.

“Well you’re telling the truth here but don’t think that means you’re out of the woods yet.”

Then he heard his wife call from downstairs.

“QUICK PAUL GET DOWN HERE JOHN’S SAFE I CAN HEAR HIM”

Paul pushed Mark out the way and rushed down the stairs to talk to John.

Earlier back in Ponyville John was awoken by Pinkie poking his nose.

“Pinkie what are you doing?”

“Pretending you’re an alarm clock”

“Why?”

“Because you snore so loudly and I thought if I poked your nose you would stop”

“I’m sorry about snoring can you let me get up please?”Pinkie jumped of John’s chest and passe him something to eat.

“Okay here a good moring cupcake.”

“Thanks is it okay if I eat it later?”

“Sure I’ll get you a bag”

As soon as Pinkie left John got a phone call

"Why is Steve calling me this early" ”Hello Steve how are you doing”

“Steve? no this is your mom where are you”

“M-mom I can’t believe I’m talking to you I’m in Equestria well ponyville to be more exact.”

“Are you safe your friends told us what happened is it true?

“Yes I’m safe and what my friends said happened is also true”

“Hold on I’ll get you Father”

John had to put the phone back to avoid going deaf from the yelling.

“Son?”

“Yeah dad”

“Get home right now that’s an order”

“I don’t know how dad”

“What do you mean you don’t know how?”

“I asked a unicorn about how to get home since they use magic but she doesn’t know how I got here.”

“Okay I believe you son but I want you to promise me something son.”

“Yes dad what is it?”

“That you’ll stay safe until you can get out of there.”

“I will dad I promise can I talk to my friends quickly”

“Yes son you can, he wants to speak to one of you two”

Mark decided he’d talk to John on the phone.

“Hello John it’s me Mark do you need anymore help”

“Yeah Where does princess celestia live?”

“She lives in Canterlot you can get by train do you have any bits.”

“What are bits I was given some money by Big Mac is that what the currency is called?”

“Yes it is do you think she will help after all she is royalty”

“I hope so or else I’m out of options and then I guess I’m trapped her”

“I’ll give your parents your mobile number so they can contact you okay”

“Okay well I’ve got a train to catch so see ya”

“Bye John see you soon”

John hung up the phone and let everything sink in. His parents knew he was safe his friends made the right decision.Then he looked around the room and realised that Twilight was still here in the room but she was still asleep.

"I’m glad you didn’t hear that on the phone Twilight. I’d hate to sound ungrateful for what you and your friends have done for me but I need to get home somehow."

When he went downstairs he saw Pinkie working in the bakery.He tried to walk away without being noticed but she saw him.

“Hey where did you think you’re sneaking off to mr?”

“Sorry about that Pinkie didn’t want to disturb you while you worked.”

“Aw that’s sweet here’s that book I borrowed off Twilight”

“Would it be okay if I leave it here for now i want to get them all at the same time”

“Ooh so thats why you asked Dashie about the book okay I won’t tell Twilight.”

“Thanks well I’m going to see Rarity now before she gets to the train station.”

“Well if you’re going on a train you’ll need this”

Pinkie hands John a bag full of coins.

“Pinkie why are you giving me this?”

“I overheard you talk on the thingy and I thought this would cheer you up”

“Thanks Pinkie.”

Pinkie gave John a hug which he returned and headed for Rarity boutique luckily he saw it when he went with spike to collect diamonds. When he arrived he saw spike leaving with a bag of gems and he was happily eating them.

“Hi spike is Rarity here?”

“Yeah she is, is this the last book.”

“No I’ve still got Rainbow Dash’s book and Fluttershy book left”

“Okay well I am going back to the library see ya”

“See ya spike”

John headed into the building Rarity was in and was greeted almost instantly.

“Welcome to Rarity’s boutique I’m Rarity what can I do for you?”

“Hi I’m John I’m here for” he was cut off before he could finish

“I know Spike told me if you want the book however I want you to do something for me”

“What do you want me to do?”

“I want you to come to Canterlot with me and help me sell my dresses.”

“Okay do you know how much your looking for on each dress?

“No what ever amount you can get will be good enough I’m ready to get going can you carry some of the dresses.”

“Okay I’ll take care not to drop them.”

“Good now we mustn't waste time with idle chit chat as the train is about to depart.”

John followed Rarity to the train station and got on the train headed for Canterlot.

“So Rarity what’s Canterlot like?”

“It’s a place where all the well known ponies go for a nice quiet break from other towns.”

“What are the chances of me getting to see Princess Celestia today.”

“I’d hate to say this darling but there’s not a good chance since the princess has many meetings to go to at this time of year”

“Would you like to ask me anything?”

“Yes who is your favourite pony you have met so far don’t worry I won’t judge”

“I’d have to say Fluttershy as she saved my life when I got attacked by a manticore”

“Well you’ll have to thank her somehow for being so brave”

“I know I just don’t know how to though”

“I’m sure you’ll figure something out we’re here now don’t forget your belongings and especially my belongings.”

Rarity and John got off the train and headed into the middle of town. Rarity told John she would like him to try his best and get whatever you can John insisted he would like to go alone but Rarity had concerns.

“Are you sure you want to go alone I could come with you if you want me to?”

“No I wouldn’t want to get in your way”

“Well if you’re sure we’ll meet back up here when we have sold the dresses do you agree?

John nodded in agreement and went from shop to shop but was not having any luck.Meanwhile back in ponyville Twilight was talking to Pinkie about John.

“So Pinkie what do you think of John?”

“I think he’s super cool like ice cream *slurp*”

“I don’t want to sound mean Pinkie but I don’t think you should throw him a party yet”

“Aww but why not when other people show up I throw them a party”

“I know but I heard his conversation on the phone earlier and I don’t think he’ll be in the partying mood.”

“Okay then I’ll just have to make it up to him with a super big party”

“Okay Pinkie” Twilight chuckled when she realised John made the same mistake again “look pinkie he left his mobile phone again I’ll take it back with me bye Pinkie”

“Bye Twilight have a cupcake”

Twilight left Pinkie with the cupcake and the phone in her magical grip. When she got back to the library she saw spike was in there doing his chores and left him to his work.

"That’s why you’re my number one assistant spike."

*Phone ringing sound*

Spike noticed the strange noise but decided to not get involved and carried on with his chores so Twilight decided to answer it.

“Hello who is this?”

“This is John’s father who is this?”

“I’m Twilight Sparkle he’s not here at the moment”

“Well where is he? I want to talk to him”

“He’s with a friend in Canterlot”

“I need to know something from you”

“What would you like to know?”

“What would it cost to have my son back whatever you want you can have it just give me back my son”

“I don’t understand I don’t want anything”

“But you must want something you kidnapped my son”

“I didn’t why would you say that”

“Because you’re using his phone and I can’t hear his voice in the background”

“Because he forgot to take it with him and if I could send your son back I would but I’m not that good at magic”

“*sigh*I’ll try and believe you. So how is my son as we are worried about him”

“He doing fine we aren’t forcing him to do anything he doesn’t want to do”

“That’s good at least you treating him with respect. His friend left him a message would you be able to remember it.”

“Yes I would”

“Well it’s actually two messages one from me and his mum saying we love him very much and his message from his friend is Fiona put the video on Facebook whatever that means.”

“I will tell him take care John’s dad”

“Yeah you to whoever you are I forgot your name.”

“It’s Twilight sparkle but you can just call me Twilight.”

“Bye”

Twilight hung up the phone and sent a letter to Princess celestia requesting to see her soon.

Back in Canterlot John was still having no luck with shops he decided he would make this shop his last stop before calling it a day. The shop was called Glitz and Glam.

"Well here goes nothing."

John entered the shop and headed to the counter and pressed bell which was on the counter.

“Hello who are you?” said the owner with concern in his voice as he saw the human carrying boxes in his hands.

“Hi I’m John I’m trying to help my friend out can you please buy some dresses off me I’ve been to other clothes shops and they just showed me the door.”

“I can tell you’re desperate by your voice well lets have a look shall we.”

After ten minutes of awkward silence the owner of the shop spoke up.

“So how much are you expecting to get for these dresses as I am impressed by the design and the stitch work.”

“I honestly don’t know I was told to get whatever I can. Does that answer your question?.”

“That does one more question who designed these dresses?.”

“Rarity she’s a friend of mine.”

“Wait here there is something I need to do in the back.”

After waiting five minutes the shop owner came back

“I wish to purchase seven of your dresses of you and I would like you to give your friend my card as I would like to do business with her in the future”

“Thank you sir I best get going take care”

John grabbed the card and the two bags of money from the counter and the shopkeeper levitated the unbought boxed dresses into John’s arms John thanked the shop owner and left the shop unfortunately he couldn’t see the pony walking by and tripped over her.

“Why did you do that you clumsy fool” said the annoyed pony.

“Sorry about that I didn’t see you”

“Well no harm done I guess”The pony he tripped over took a look at the dresses ”Maybe it wasn’t such a bad thing that I bumped into you”

“Why?”

“Because you have great taste in style my friend but I guess you didn’t make these dresses nor do you plan to wear them”

“No I’m going back to meet the person who designed them now. Would you like to meet her?.”

“Yes let’s go.”

So John took the pony who he bumped into to see Rarity who was sitting near the fountain where they agreed to meet up.

“Rarity I have someone here who is interested in your work but I don’t know who it is.”

“John this is Photo finish one of the biggest names in fashion.”

“Yes that is me thank you John for showing me her I would like some privacy if possible”

John nodded and left Photo finish and Rarity to their conversation and decided to try to see the princess at the castle where he was stopped by two guards.

“Halt you may not pass Princess celestia is very busy and Princess Luna is asleep”

“Do you know when the princess will not be busy as it’s an emergency?”

“That information is confidential please go on with you day citizen”

John left feeling depressed and hoping for this day to end quickly.

"Sorry mom, sorry dad looks like I’m trapped here if I speak to them on the phone I hope they will understand."

He saw that Photo finish and Rarity were still talking so he decided to try and find something to cheer him up.

"Hey that looks like the book Fluttershy's animal friends love to hear Fluttershy read to them I’ll buy it as a thank you gift and it also has all the other books with it."

So John went into the shop and bought it and asked for it to be gift wrapped when he was heading out the shop he saw Rarity motion him over.

“John Photo Finish would like to thank you for showing her the dress maker”

John turned to face Photo Finish

“Yes this is true what would you like from me” John had to think for a moment and came up with an answer.

“Is it possible for the Wonderbolts to come to my friends house in Cloudsdale”

“I am guessing you are talking about Rainbow dash” John looked stunned after hearing this

“Yes how did you know?”

“They have wanted to see her privately since she saved their lives with her sonic rainboom”

“Would it be possible to get it done tomorrow?”

“Consider it done”

“Thank you Photo finish.”

As soon as she left Rarity was ready to leave and John followed her back home on the train journey back to Ponyville Rarity broke the awkward quiet tension on the train.

“So How much did you get for the dresses”

“I don’t know I was given these two bags and this card to give to you”

“Thanks when we get back will you wait in my home for me as I would like to get Applejack while I have a talk with you.”

“Erm sure”

After that they stayed quiet the whole way back to ponyville and when the train stopped at the station Rarity ran straight to find Applejack While John walked casually to Rarity home he noticed the door was open and waited inside for her return.

“Applejack I need you help no time time to explain” Rarity said between breaths.

“Whoa what do you mean help?”

“Just follow me to my boutique and I’ll explain when we get there”

“Fine I just hope this isn’t a false alarm I’ve got a lot of work to do Rarity”

John was alone and worried about what he had done to upset Rarity.

"Wasn't I doing what Rarity wanted me to do at Canterlot I think I did the right thing wait she’s her stay calm."

“John please take a seat I would like a word with you” Rarity tone of voice scared Applejack.

“Rarity what do you plan to do with John you’re scaring me”

“AJ I need you to tell me if John is lying you ready”

“I guess so”

John was trying to look calm as Rarity walked around him and started to ask him questions

“John I would like to ask you three questions is that okay?”

“Erm okay please begin” John said trying to remain calm

“Very well question one how did you get so much money from one shop?”

“I went into the shop and the owner seemed interested in the clothes that’s it”

“Question two how did you get Photo Finish to see me”

“I was going out of the shop where I sold your dresses and I tripped over her and she wanted to see the pony who made the dresses”

“Okay my final question is are you telling the truth?”

“Of course I am can I go now you’re creeping me out.”

“you may I’ll see you soon at the library goodbye John”

“Goodbye Rarity, goodbye Applejack.”

“Just call me AJ in the future okay John bye”

John left the boutique while Rarity eyed him curiously. When Rarity couldn’t see John her attention went to Applejack.

“So Applejack was he telling the truth.”

“Yes he was and shame on you for not trusting him that not like you Rarity why didn’t you trust him”

Rarity pointed a hoof to a table in the corner which Applejack went to.

“What am I supposed to be looking at on the table all I see is two bags and a card for Glitz and glam”

“That’s the problem I never get that lucky in Canterlot I believe he’s hiding something”

“Now Rarity that’s just stinking thinking I saw he was telling the truth and why would I need to lie to you”

“It’s not stinking thinking as you so rudely put it. How did he get so many bits from one shop?”

“Maybe the shopkeeper felt sorry for him and wanted to cheer him up”

Applejacks response was something she never thought of before.

“I never thought of that. I need to apologize straight away”

Rarity headed straight out the door and headed directly for the library. Earlier John was walking back to the library and trying to figure out what he had done wrong.

"What did I do wrong I did what she said sell the dresses and try and get whatever amount of money you can for them. Is it because of the books I bought? No that can’t be it grrr what did I do wrong."

John entered the library and saw Spike cleaning the bookshelves and Twilight reading three books at once.

“Twilight I need your help I think Rarity hates me” John said with panic thick in his voice.

“Whoa calm down John what’s wrong why does Rarity hate you?”

“I don’t know I got her a lot of money and I think I made her hate me by doing it.”

Spike and Twilight both had confused looks on the faces.

*knock knock*

“Rarity’s angry because you made her a lot of money?” Twilight asked while Spike answered the door.

“Oh hi Rarity how are you”

“Hi Spike I’m fine I wish to speak to John I need to apologize to him for not believing his work was honest” Twilight walked up and decided to join in the conversation.

“Rarity can you please explain what you’re apologizing for in detail.”

“Very well when we split up in Canterlot I went to sell my dresses which I did and I was pleased with the amount I got, but when I saw John come back with not just some money from the dresses but with Photo Finish as well I thought he was being a brute to the ponies in Canterlot.”

“But what changed your mind?”

“Applejack did she told me that the shop owner probably felt sorry for him which I didn’t think of before.”

After hearing this John decided to walk to Rarity and looked into her eyes and could see she was sorry.

“I’m sorry Rarity for not telling you anything in Canterlot.”

“No I should be apologizing I shouldn’t jump to conclusions are we still friends?”

“Yes we are I hope you don’t mind me asking but how good did I do?”

“I haven’t counted anything yet but from the size of the back I would guess you got over a hundred bits.”

Spikes and Twilight’s jaw dropped when they heard the amount John just seemed shocked Rarity seeing this slightly giggled and spoke to John.

“As my way of thanking you John I would like you and my friends to come and have dinner with me at a nice restaurant here in ponyville. Are you interested John?”

“I am but can it wait I would like to say hi to Fluttershy and give her my gift first”

“Of course just say what day and consider it done”

“Thanks Rarity Goodbye Twilight, Spike and Rarity.”

Just when he was about to run to Fluttershy’s house he felt a magical tug on his back which was coming from Twilight.

“John don’t forget your phone and you have two messages from your dad.”

“Thanks Twilight see you later.”

As he headed out he saw Applejack who waved to him and he waved back.

"I’ll thank you later Applejack but right now I need to see Fluttershy."

End of chapter five