• Published 14th Feb 2016
  • 1,391 Views, 21 Comments

Why The Long Face? - Semaj



A broken man comes to Equestria. And only Pinkie Pie knows how to put him back together.

  • ...
2
 21
 1,391

Zero Hope

Why The Long Face?

His lungs burned. Every time he opened his mouth for air, his throat was instead filled with slithering liquid fire. He flung his limbs around in an attempt to break the surface, but the magma dragged him into the grave once more. His vision dimmed. His soul was losing its grip.

That's okay. This is what you wanted isn't it?

Everything went black. The light in his mind went out. He was gone from the world he hated.

***

A hurricane of air inflated his crushed lungs. His knees split open as they scraped against the slick stone blocks below. After a brief flood of light from behind him, there was nothing to be seen. He coughed, and liquid jet from his mouth.

“HELP!” he shrieked.

He dragged himself forward, but every time he tried to grab a hold of something his bloody fingers slipped and crumpled. Soon a haze of static flooded his eyes. Flies buzzed around in his fishbowl-head, and his thoughts flipped by like channels on a television. Before he fainted, he thought he heard a voice, and he was almost certain that at the edge of his fading vision there was a white non-human figure standing there. But he couldn't form a coherent idea to explain it. Everything was a broken jigsaw puzzle; he knew there was a picture, but he couldn't quite make anything out.