• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 460 Views, 5 Comments

Creature of the Night Episode 2- Pure of Heart - CreatureofTheNight



A few weeks after Creature is discovered Twilight gets a letter from Celestia that she is coming

  • ...
3
 5
 460

First Impressions

An eerie calm echoed above a forest with a small clearing near a river. All was silent as the nightly moon shined down upon the water, its brilliance flashing in the current. The air was still, and in this moment was in true blissful harmony. Then, as quick as lightning, a vortex appeared, spiraling out of control as it spat out an unfortunate pony who was sent careening into the ground with a loud thud. A scroll landed beside her as she groaned. She staggered and said quietly “Urg, why does that keep happening?” She stretched her legs and said to herself “Okay Twilight” The moon revealing that this was Twilight after going through the portal. “Remember what you learned about time travel, Twilight,” the purple alicorn reminded herself. “Do not interact with your past family, do not interact with your friends ancestors, and most importantly do not EVER change a past event, the result is a catastrophic snowball effect that could destroy the present. You’re just here to find out the truth nothing more” She wrapped up Starswirl’s scroll with her magic and stored it away in a pocket dimension to summon it back when it was time to leave. “Now…to find…” She paused as she thought aloud “Well I guess in this timeline it’d be Dueling Star the Vampire Pony Prince.” She then froze as heard a rustling in the brushes and started to hurry further into the forest. As she kept moving, Twilight felt like something was watching her. She looked around to see what it was but also saw that there was a cottage in the distance and kept running towards it.

She got closer and closer, her smile increasing as she got near, she’s going to get some shelter and then hide from whatever out this. Something was out there, something was hunting her, and she did not come all this way to just become a meal. She kept going closer and closer to the cottage and then as she got near the front porch she felt this forhoof slam on the back of her neck and somepony laying on top of her. Fear started to seep in as Twilight started to buck and twist struggling to get out of this grip. She felt the stranger grabbing onto her horn when she tried to do magic. She felt something breathing next to her ear as she shivered more and more. “Let me go!” she struggled more and more “Let me go! I’m warning you!”

Suddenly, relief and fear both hit her and she heard a familiar whisper “I will do no such thing you miserable little spy. You will not lay a hoof on Purity Heart, do I make myself perfectly clear!?” Twilight flinched at the sudden shouting in her ear by the one and only Creature of the Night, though she had to guess that this was Dueling Star. “Now who the hell are you?”

She looked up and said quietly “Twilight Sparkle…” She paused before she could say what she was thinking. All she wanted to do was say hi to Dueling, and see the pony he used to be. However, she can’t change the past, she can’t risk it. “My name is Twilight Sparkle”

Suddenly she felt Dueling’s breath on her neck “There’s something else. You’re hiding something from me. Who sent you to this place?” Twilight could feel his anger coming “Who sent you!? What did SHE promise you? Power!? Immortality!? Riches!? Answer me before I do something to MAKE you talk”

Twilight started to get frantic, flaying around saying “I wasn’t sent by anyone! I just came here to find somepony and there was this thing hunting me so I ran for shelter!”

“I know, I’ve been watching you ever since you came from that portal” Dueling said as he started to apply pressure on her neck “You’re here for me aren’t you? SHE sent you didn’t she!?”

Well he wasn’t wrong, she was here for him, but only to watch the events that would unfold and would lead to the truth. This was all wrong, this can’t be happening to her. Twilight began to beg for Dueling to believe her, saying “I don’t know who you are talking about!”

“Liar!” shouted the vampire prince as he opened his jaws Twilight seeing his fangs glisten in the moonlight out of the corner of her eye. This was it, this is how she was going to die! Drained of her life by one of her own friends! The irony was not lost, nor was it appreciated.

Suddenly, like a guardian angel, she heard a very annoyed female pony shout “Dueling Star, get off of her!”

Dueling looked at the pony as he said “But Pure, she…”

Twilight got her head up to see a pink pony walking forward, she had a pure white mane with a red swirl in her hair, the same pattern fitted her tail as well. She noticed that her eyes were a calming peaceful blue. This was her…this was the famous Purity Heart.

This was the pony whose death caused a sun goddess and an ex-vampire prince to battle each other. This was the mare that meant so much to Creature, that he was going to marry her.

Dueling looked at his mare-friend and said “Pure, she’s an alicorn and she came from a magical portal. This portal is like nothing I’ve ever seen before! She also came here! She could be dangerous!”

“Dueling” Pure said in a stern tone “Get off her”

Slowly and reluctantly Dueling did just that as Twilight got a good look at what Creature was in the past, and turned a little flushed. Creature back in her timeline was scraggy, looked like a gutter rat, and hid most of his body behind that cloak and face mask. Dueling however was a lot different. He was swave, handsome even, his hair was slicked back, his eyes glowed like bloody rubies, his cloak was replaced with a sophisticated suit, and his face, unblocked by his mask, looked rather lovely. Dueling walked to Pure with his head down and Pure rolled her eyes and said “I am so sorry about Dueling miss?”

“Twilight Sparkle” Twilight said sheepishly, whelp this day just got worst. Twilight said quietly “I…really shouldn’t be here”

Pure sighed and said “Now look what you did Dueling!”

“Me!? Dueling responded shocked “I was just trying to…”

“You scared the poor girl!” Pure said staying stern. “Don’t let tall dark and gruesome get to you Miss. Sparkle. Why don’t you come into the cottage? I’ll make you some food”

“But…” Dueling started to protest, but a stern look from Pure got him to be quiet as Dueling said quietly “Yes please, we would like you in our home”

Twilight put a smile, but she knew deep down that she already messed everything up. She’s interacted with Dueling and Purity Heart now, she’s already failed. Who knows what kind of madness this will cause when she goes back to the future?


Meanwhile in the present, Creature stirred in his bed as Spike watched over him. Suddenly he saw the door being bucked open and Spike turned to face, but sighed with relief when it was just Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rainbow. “You’ve heard?”

“Yes we have? Where’s Twilight? We need to know where to hide Creature for the time being?” Applejack explained.
“This is mess” Rarity said quietly.
Spike nodded in agreement and said “For now we have to hide him here because umm…well…Twilight isn’t here right now”

“What do you mean by that?” Rainbow brashly demanded “How can she not be here!?”

“She’s umm…kind of in the past?” Spike said wincing as he said so. He opened his eyes and saw the shocked gasped looks on his friends’ faces. “Yeah, she went back in time to get the 100% actual truth. We umm…we’re kind of watching Creature here until she gets back”

There was nothing but shocked gasped looks again as Spike sighed “Okay, while you all process this, I’m gonna make some punch for everyone” Getting out of the situation as fast as he could.

Author's Note:

Been a while huh? Internet's down at my place so I've been working on some projects at the library.