• Published 21st Jan 2016
  • 403 Views, 0 Comments

Waking Up - Paladin-mlp



The story of a pegasus named Moon Glider. The poor guy had a pretty bad fall and now he is stuck in a coma. Luna is his only shot at waking up.

  • ...
 0
 403

The Good Memory

From the whiteness you can begin to see your hooves materializing into view. Luna’s form also begins to fade back in. A bedroom begins to fade into view. This seems very familiar; this is your old house! You are in your parents’ bedroom. You look around the room.

“No way… this memory can’t be what I think it is…”

Your gaze shifts to the king-size bed in the middle of the room. On top of the bed lies a cyan colored mare with a rainbow colored mane.

“This is the memory of when I first got laid!”

You look at Luna; she immediately lets out a sigh and places a hoof upon her face in dissatisfaction.

“Oh no…” Luna says to herself.

“Looks like we got the house to ourselves Moon Glider…” Rainbow Dash says to Moon Glider in a sultry voice. “…Wanna have a little fun?”

“What do you mean little?” You reply to her quickly.

Both you and Rainbow Dash laugh, while Luna remains quite.

“Wow Luna, I’m glad we finally got around to a good memory-”

“Good for you maybe…” Luna says as she rolls her eyes.

“Hey! I know how to keep mares from being disappointed, right Rainbow Dash?”

“Enough talk Moon Glider…” Rainbow Dash says to you with a desirous look in her eye.

“Well then, I hate to keep a mare waiting…” You say as you begin to climb upon the bed.

“Moon Glider…” Luna says in dour tone.

“Oh no…”

A terrifying thought strikes your mind; jolt of blackness strikes your vision.

“Were my legs the only limbs that were severely damaged during the accident… or… d-did anything h-happen… to…”

You look at Luna with a scared look on your face.

“What?... Oh no, it was a little bruised up from the accident, but your stallion-hood is completely intact and fully functional.”

A huge burden is lifted from your chest as you let out a sigh of relief.

“THANK THE STARS!... and the moon…” You slyly say to Luna with a grin upon your face.

You use your wings to propel yourself into the air and land directly on top of Rainbow Dash.

“Ahh! Hehe… Moon Glider…” Rainbow Dash says as she lets out a surprised giggle.

You feel the warmth of her body against your belly. Her soft cyan fur feels wonderful as it rubs against your own. Your face directly in front of hers, noses just barely touching each other, both of you with a playful grin on your face. You begin to feel a tingling sensation from between your legs, disproving your fears that something terrible may have happened to you during the accident. You lock gaze with one another, you move in to kiss her on her welcoming lips…

“AHEM!” Luna interrupts before you can proceed any further.

You look back at her, her face looks a little blurry for some reason; you rub your eyes but pay no mind to this.

“Oh… sorry Luna, this shouldn’t take too long.”

“-It better not!” Rainbow Dash interjects.

“Feel free to check out my parent’s house while I’m taking care of this memory…”

Luna looks you in the eye and replies “Moon Glider I-”

“But if you want to watch, I mean, that’s cool, I don’t mind…”

“NO! What I am trying to say is-”

“A threesome! Well I don’t know… I guess if Dash is ok with it-”

“Shut up Moon Glider! You cannot have sex with this mare!” Luna yells.

A small blurry spot appears in your vision while you are looking at the angry expression on Luna’s face.

“WHAT? WHY?”

“The chance of a memory collapse from achieving orgasm is too great!”

“Wait, really? How much of a chance are we talking about?” You say in disbelief.

“Probably about 90%.”

“Well… there’s a chance it might not happen…”

“You will be trapped in this coma forever! No consciousness! Your body will gradually shut down one organ at a time as your brain slowly shrivels up and DIES!”

You let out a deep sigh.

“I guess…”

As you look at Luna’s face your vision is starting to be noticeably obscured with an aura.

The room is filled with silence for a moment and then Rainbow Dash lets out a quick remark.

“But it’s still ok if only I cum, right?”

“SHUT UP DASH!” Luna yells at the mare. “And why is our vision getting so blurry!?”

“Oh, that’s happening to you too?” You say to Luna.

“ARGH…” Luna grumbles aloud, but then regains her composure. “Moon Glider, You are having a migraine… I told you to silence that kid in the store!”

“But I didn’t have a migraine the first time I had sex with Dash…”

“That’s because this is an actual migraine, you’re having it right now…”

You pause for a second and then respond. “Yeah… I think you’re right.”

You dismount from on top of Rainbow Dash.

“Now that I think about it… I remember having a migraine during a dream once… and even my dream was blurry. Who would have thought you could get them inside of a coma… while inside a memory… while almost inside Rainbow Dash…”

Luna lets out deep sigh. “Just our luck… migraines are different for everyone, tell me what normally happens when you have one Moon Glider…” Luna asks in a frustrated voice.

“Well…An aura obscures my vision for about 40 minutes, just a little bit at first, then a whole lot after about 15 minutes.”

“We are probably at the 5 minute mark right now.”

“After that I regain my vision, but I have a nasty headache on only one side of my head, often with intense dizziness and nausea.”

Dash interjects!

“Yeah! I remember when you had one of those during class, you puked your brains out! You were so loud when you were vomiting they heard you in the classroom across the hall! It was so gross. That sounded painful!”

“…that’s because it was painful Dash…” You respond with an annoyed tone.

“What do you usually do when one occurs Moon Glider?” Luna asks.

“I take some pain relievers, which pretty much do nothing… the best thing usually is to just lay down in a dark and quite room.”

“…and since I’m in your head, I guess I’ll be sharing these same exact symptoms too…”

“Ooo… Sorry about that.” You say with a cringe on your face.

“We might as well wait it out here, this memory is both safe and stable. Moving on to another memory while this migraine is occurring could be dangerous.”

Luna’s horn begins to glow

“I’ll get the lights…”

Looking out the window you see the sun begin to set, darkness, the moon, and an array of stars fills the night sky.

“Wow… nicely done… I wish I could do that.” You say in awe.

“…You can…” Luna murmurs.

“Oh yeah… it’s my head…”

Luna climbs into the bed, she brushes aside Rainbow Dash with her large wing.

“Leave Dash.” Luna says bluntly to the mare.

You look at the colorful pony as she is sitting on the bed beside you.

“Sorry dash… looks like now is a pretty bad time… I’ll call you.”

“OH COME ON!” Dash shouts in disappointment.

“I’m not happy about it either, but believe me, you don’t want me vomiting on your stomach from this migraine when were in the middle of things.”

“Who says I don’t…” Dash says with an erotic look in her eyes as she slowly rubs your belly with her hoof… slowly moving downwards… until-

“BE GONE DASH, OR WE SHALT SPAY THEE!” Luna yells as her horn begins to glow.

“OK OK…”

Dash quickly bolts out of the bedroom.

You look at Luna, angrily hunched over in the bed. A few seconds pass.

“Hold on, I’ll go get us some pain relievers, they may not be real, but maybe the placebo effect will help dull the pain once it comes…”

You leave the room and walk to the bathroom.

“The things I do for my subjects…” Luna says to herself.

You open up the medicine cabinet and from the top shelf pull out a bottle of generic pain relievers. You look at the bottle and let out sigh.

“These do jack shit in real life, they ain’t gonna do shit here either… oh well… can’t hurt anything I guess…”

You then proceed down the hallway to the kitchen. You grab two glasses and begin to fill them with water at the sink. Your vision is getting significantly blurry. Just as you turn off the faucet, Rainbow Dash appears outside the window above the sink.

“Moon Glider! Let’s get a quickie in while Luna is occupied?”

It takes you a moment to consider this. If you were going to die in your own memories, this would be the best way to go.

“...No Dash…” You regretfully tell her.

“OH COME ON. Listen I’ll be real quick!”

“I’m not happy about it either dash, now please just go!”

“In and out in just 10 seconds flat!”

You slam the window shut and close the blinds.

“By Celestia… she’s relentless… I love that mare…”

You grab the glasses and the pills and proceed back to the bedroom.

“Here you go Luna.”

She levitates the glass of water up with her magic and removes two pills from the plastic container. She swallows both of them in one gulp, you follow suit. A few seconds pass, you stare awkwardly at the alicorn lying down in your parents’ bed where you were just about to have sex with Rainbow Dash. You begin to make your way to you father’s reading chair.

“Well I’ll just sit over here-”

“Just get in the bed Moon Glider.” Luna says in aggravation.

“-Ok.”

You quickly reverse course and get into the bed with Luna. Your vision is now extremely blurry; it’s hard to make anything out. You close your eyes to avoid nausea. A few minutes pass.

“We need to keep you awake and talking to stimulate brain activity.” Luna says in a serious tone.

“Ok, what would you like to talk about?”

“Do you have these migraines often?”

“No, one every few months or so.”

“Good…” Luna replies bluntly.

A few seconds pass.

“Luna…”

“Yes?”

“How many ponies have you successfully brought out of a coma?”

She pauses for a second, you caught her off guard.

“Uh… several.”

You can easily tell that she was lying. You know that calling her out on this will not do anyone any good.

“…How many memories do you think we’ll have to go through to wake me up?”

“I don’t know for sure… That might depend on the intensity of the memory. Hopefully this migraine isn’t going to set your progress back too much.”

A few more moments of silence passes.

“How do you do it Luna?”

“Do what?”

“Help ponies overcome their nightmares? There are so many ponies out there, and just one of you.”

“It’s not easy, I can’t be everywhere at once. Those who need the help the most receive it first.”

“Do you need to help some other pony while I rest out this migraine?”

“No Moon Glider, I’m not going anywhere. You are at the top of my list of ponies to help right now.”

You pause for a second, emboldened, as this sinks in.

“…Wow, thank you Luna.”

“Happy to help.”

You open your eyes to see her smiling at you with her eyes closed. Your vision is still blurry, but aura is beginning to subside. You close your eyes again. A few more moments pass by.

“So tell me where you went to school Moon Glider…”

“I went to, CCC, Canterlot Community College, the Cheapest Closest College…”

Luna lets out a chuckle.

“What did you study?”

“I went in undeclared and dropped out after two years…”

“Oh…”

An awkward silence fills the room, you attempt to break it.

“So where did you go to school? You must have a psychology background with all this therapy work that you do.”

“Well about 1500 years ago I went to the University of Equestria. And actually no, I have a bachelor’s and master’s in astronomy.”

“Really?”

“But I took a psychology 101 course back when I was in undergrad…”

“Oh…”

There is a brief pause but then both of you let out a chuckle. Luna opens her eyes.

“The aura is gone!”

She quickly sits up, and doing so a jolt of pain hits her head followed by a stint of nausea in her stomach.

“Oww…”

“It’s best to lie down for another hour Luna… and you’re going to want to avoid moving your head quickly.”

“Yes, we think you are correct…” Luna says, trying to shrug off the pain.

Luna lies back down on the bed.

“Do you have any tips for the next memory?” You ask Luna.

“Maintain control, always keep the end goal in sight, relax, focus…”

“You keep saying that.”

”Yes… it is my mantra… it helped me get through… the years… of isolation…”

You open your eyes to see the alicorn shivering slightly.

“…I’m sorry that happened to you Luna… that wasn’t right… no one deserves that sort of torture… but the fact that you made it through that for 1000 years… your resolve, it’s heroic…”

“Please… let us talk about something else…”

“Of course…sorry…”

You begin to feel a bit nauseous. Talking is definitely not helping… but you need to keep your mind busy like Luna says. You try to lighten the mode.

“I never slept with a unicorn before…”

Luna quickly opens her eyes and gives you a peeved look.

“I mean the opportunity never strongly presented itself, if it did I would have taken it… but I’ve always been scared that they would roll over in the middle of the night and stab me in the eye with their horn…”

“WHAT?!”

Luna says in surprise, completely taken aback at what you said. She pauses for a few seconds.

“Would it help if I put a tennis ball on the tip of my horn?” She says with a grin.

You let out a chuckle, but in doing so the nausea begins to take its toll, you can see Luna flinch from the nausea as well. You both take a second to try to ward off the sickness overtaking you.

“No, Luna… that wouldn’t be necessary… I trust you… my life is in your hooves… I don’t think I ever trusted someone more than you…”

The nausea and pain is no longer tolerable, both of you roll to opposite sides of the bed as vomit quickly begins to make its way up your throat. Luna lets out a painful cry as the vomit leaves her mouth. After a few seconds of gagging and strain she turns around to Moon Glider, to see him still hanging over the side of the bed, yet to vomit.

“Just let it out Moon Glider!”

You try to vomit but you can’t, it’s as if something is blocking the vomit from leaving your throat.

Tears begin to fill your eyes and your face turns red. You move your hooves to your throat signaling to Luna that you are choking.

1…2…3…

“MOON GLIDER!”

Luna quickly bolts to your side and attempts to use her magic to clear your throat. Nothing happens, you continue to choke.

”WHAT!” Luna confusingly cries as she is unsuccessful in her attempts of clearing the blockage from your throat.

15…16…17…

“No… you are actually choking in real life… you are lying on your back… NO!”

Tears begin to stream down Luna’s face.

“IT’S OK… IT’S OK… a nurse is monitoring your heart rate… they will soon notice that something is wrong and turn you on your side!”

Luna waits and continues to watch helplessly as you are asphyxiating. She is well aware that the clock is ticking, three minutes without air is all it takes for someone to begin risking brain damage and death. Three minutes… and the clock is ticking…

45…46…47…

You look her in the eyes. You are extremely scared. Panic begins to grip both you and Luna as you realize the nurse is not coming.

“Moon Glider hold on! We are pulling out of this memory, we are going to save you!”

Luna disappears in a flash. You lie alone in the bed… trying not to panic… the pain begins to strike your lungs… flashes of blackness start striking your vision. You continuously repeat the mantra Luna told you in your mind… relax… focus... relax…. focus…. relax……

1 minute 1…2…3…

Luna awakens on her bed at the Canterlot royal palace. She quickly gets out of bed and stands on all fours, the sudden movement causes a jolt of pain to hit her head.

“AHHH!!”

She cries, but quickly regains her focus. She needs to save Moon Glider, but she doesn’t know exactly where he is. He is in a hospital room somewhere in Canterlot, but she doesn’t know which one. She charges her horn. A flash of light and a second later she appears on the steps of the main entrance of Canterlot General Hospital.

1 minute 20…21…22

She bolts in through the front door. The ponies in the waiting area are completely caught off guard as Luna enters. She runs to the check-in counter and yells at the receptionist.

“This is an emergency! I need to know which room Moon Glider is in immediately!”

The receptionist, an older earth pony mare, wastes no time and quickly begins searching through the hospital patient manifest.

After a few seconds of searching, the older mare makes a disappointed sigh and looks Luna in the eye.

“I’m sorry princess, but we have no patient in the hospital by that name…”

“…NO!”

Luna is struck with a wave of dizziness from the grief knowing that somewhere Moon Glider was slowly dying, alone and helpless. Tears begin to form in her eyes. She couldn’t bear the thought of losing another patient. She begins to waver from side to side, the nausea and pain taking its toll.

1 minute 45…46…47…

“PRINCESS!” The old mare yells to grab Luna’s attention. “Mercy Hospital! Try Mercy Hospital!”

Luna’s head darts upwards… realizing that it is not too late.

“YES! Mercy Hospital!” Luna cries, “Thank you!”

Luna charges her horn again and flashes away instantly.

Luna was less familiar with Mercy Hospital. She had only passed by it a few times from the air, she never went inside before. Due to the lack of familiarity, instead of landing her directly at the main entrance her teleportation spell placed her in the middle of a busy intersection right next to the hospital.

An earth pony hauling a wagon full of goods is quickly galloping through the intersection as Luna appears right in front of him. Before he can react he crashes into Luna, hitting her forcefully upon her side. Luna is thrown several feet and knocked off her hooves. The wind is knocked out of her from the blow.

2 minutes 1…2…3…

“What the fuck are you doing in the middle of the intersection you asshole?!?” The stallion yells.

He first makes sure that his wagon is all right before paying any mind to the pony which he just slammed into. He eventually brings his gaze to Luna, and realizes who he has just rammed into.

“PRINCESS LUNA…. I… I…”

The stallion stands paralyzed in fear at what he has just done.

Luna slowly picks herself up. Her face is bleeding from scraping against the ground. She struggles to regain her breath as she stumbles towards the glass doors of the hospital. Luna attempts to use her magic to open the glass door, but overcompensates, slamming the glass door off the hinges and shattering it into a hundred pieces on to the ground.

The ponies inside the waiting area gasp in fright at the sound of the door. They are equally scared once they see a bloodied Luna enter the waiting area. Luna darts to the main counter. A long line is currently formed at the counter; the ponies not fast enough to move out of the way are thrown aside as Luna’s larger frame easily pushes them. Luna reaches the receptionist at the main counter and struggles to speak as she is still regaining her breath.

“Moon… Glider… Emergency… Where is Moon Glider?!”

The receptionist, a younger unicorn mare, newly appointed to this job, stares at Luna in fear.

“TELL US WHICH ROOM MOON GLIDER RESIDES!” Luna roars.

The receptionist quickly looks through the patient manifest. She carefully scans the document before saying…

“I-I don’t see a Moon Glider in our records…”

“THOU SHALL LOOK AGAIN!!!” Luna yells, refusing to believe her.

The mare, now shivering in fear, scans over the documents another time.

“509…HE’S IN 509!”

2 minutes 30..31…32…

Luna spreads her wings and lifts off into the main atrium. Flying up to the main atrium balcony brings her to the second floor. She quickly scans for and identifies the nearest staircase and proceeds to zoom up the multiple flights of stairs until she reached the fifth floor. She proceeds down the hallway until she reaches a large metal security door with a sign reading “No Admittance Without Proper Visitor or Security Badge.”

Luna charges her horn, shoots a bolt of lightning and rocks the metal door with a huge blast. The door is blown to pieces, as well as parts of the surrounding ceiling and walls. Fire alarms begin to go off from the blast and sprinklers begin to spray water in the hallway. Luna continues to fly down the hallway. The hallway ends with a sign pointing with the direction to where each set of rooms are located. 500-504 pointed to the left. 505-509 pointed to the right. 509, it was right there at the end of the hall way. She quickly turned to the right flying faster than she ever flew before. She reached the wooden door and violently swung it open with her magic.

There he was… Moon Glider… lying on his back… a pool of vomit dripping from his mouth…

Luna wastes no time, she quickly runs to him and turns him on his side. After the vomit poured out of his mouth, Moon Glider let in a huge gasp of air. This is the second time Luna heard this poor stallion make such a gasp…

“It is all right Moon Glider… I am here…” Luna pants, exhausted from flying.

She looks down at the stallion, a pitiful site, all four legs amputated below the knee caps. The wounds where the amputation occurred have long since healed. His dark blue coat… his jet black mane… his cutie mark… a moon, obscured by the haze of a few clouds… a beacon light in the night sky, trying to make itself shown.

Upon standing still for a moment Luna begins to realize how much pain she is in. The pain of the migraine gripping her head. Her side was extremely sore from the impact of the stallion. Her face stung due to the lacerations caused from sliding against the pavement.

Suddenly a voice comes from the door way.

“What’s going on here… PRINCESS LUNA?!?”

A nurse, a young stallion unicorn with a pair of large oversized headphones around his neck stands in the doorway. Luna’s eyes builds with a fiery rage.

“Monitoring Moon Glider be thy responsibility, be it not?”

The nurse sees the vomit on the ground and as well as the alarms going off in the room from the elevated heart rate being given off by Moon Glider. The stallion pauses in fear and says nothing. Luna’s horn begins to spark. Luna’s blue magical aura grabs hold of the headphones around the stallion’s neck and violently rips them off. Luna holds the headphones directly in front of the eyes of the stallion.

“Dost thou know how painful a death by asphyxiation can be?” Luna says to the stallion, her wrathful eyes locked with his.

Luna uses her magic to ignite the headphones in a blue flame. As the headphones begin to melt she uses her magic to slowly compress them, first to the size of an apple, then to the size of a golf ball, then to the size of a grape. The flaming ball slowly begins to move towards right eye of the stallion.

“I’m sorry, I fucked up-

“DO NOT use such vulgar language in our presence, knave!” Luna interrupts.

The flaming ball of plastic moves closer to the eye of the stallion.

“I’m sorry Princess Luna, I’m so sorry… I should have been watching the monitors and listening for the alarms-”

The stallion urinates himself in fear.

“ENOUGH!” Luna says with a snarl.

Luna releases the flaming ball with her magic and it falls to the floor. It hits the ground and the fire is extinguished as it lands in the pool of urine.

The stallion watches the ball fall to the floor and then looks back at Luna’s furious bleeding face.

“LEAVE!”

“Yes princess…”

“Do not let anyone disturb us while we are in this room… if one of you worthless fools tries to wake us up… we swear upon the moon thou shall wish thou hadst never been born!”

“Yes, yes, I’ll make sur-”

Luna slams the door in his face. She takes in a deep breath.

“Relax… Focus…”

She looks back at Moon Glider lying on the bed, his heart rate still reading elevated on the monitor.

“Hold on Moon Glider, I am coming…”

The mare crawls into the bed alongside the stallion. The bed is too small for her, let alone both of them. The mare takes the big spoon position as she moves Moon Glider’s back into the little spoon position against her stomach.

“You are going to get through this… just… hold… on…”

Luna quickly drifts off into slumber as she begins to enter Moon Glider’s mind.