• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 218 Views, 0 Comments

Vile's Journal - Josh Crapo



Despite Equestria's reputation as one of the best countries to live in, very very little immigration happens there. One immigrant intends to find out why aside from it also being one of the stillest countries in the world. She is Vile Soil.

  • ...
 0
 218

September 21, 17029

September 21, 17029;

At last! I hath made the whole trip over to Equestria! My excitement hath been too high for me to wait, but now, I do not have to. For I hath arrived!

Right away, I see differences between my land and Equestria. Ponies here seemest to be quite the welcoming ones. I talketh with one of them whilst getting to know every place over here, ne'er to mention that she telleth me that I can stand on the earth without quiver. May I believe that her name was Life Seal. Another was with her, however. Both of them hath wider vocabulary than I hath ever witnessed. May I believe that the other name was Polly Spot. What had brought soft jolts to my body was how much more unkempt their bodies were comparing mine, and apparently I hath been through more jolts. What had worry to my body though was how much more unkempt their bodies were comparing mine because this land is apparently the sturdiest land to be. I intended to find out whether or not there is a contained trait of Equestria, which was the worst of choices I hath ever made.


Two ponies stand in before of Vile Soil, looking more disheveled than her. "Hey there! Welcome to Equestria! We barely get any immigrants here. So, what brings you here?"

Vile Soil only understands the welcome and the question that she answers. "Jolts."

"What?"

"Jolts."

"Um, Life Seal, what are Jolts?"

"Not sure."

"Jolt is the term used in my land for a motion that prevents the magic of a pony from working properly whilst that pony is grounded."

Life Seal's eyes shoot open. "Oh, you mean a quake right?"

"Indeed." Vile Soil nods.

"How bad were they? Surely they must've been pretty darn powerful." The other pony comes by Vile's side.

"Indeed, they were vastly powerful, but they were all too frequent."

"More than once a day?" Vile nods at Life Seal. "Oh. I would've figured that you would've looked a lot worse from those. But I guess you did have the power to fly in full force."

"No, my power was not great. I loseth the ability to stand, tireth my wings from suspension, and loseth most aerial judgement."

"So, what's your name?"

"Vile Soil. And thy names?"

"'Thy'?" The other pony is confused now.

"I think she's talking about us."

"Oh, yeah. I'm Polly Spot and this is Life Seal."

"Polly Spot... Life Seal..." Vile Soil sinks her ears in thought of how meaningful those names are compared to hers and sinks to the ground, not hesitating to land. To add on to that, tears drop from her eyes all the while. Polly Spot and Life Seal proceed to hug the crying mare. "Such beautiful names my father figure giveth you." Soon after, Vile Soil realizes that the two ponies look even worse than her. "Too bad I hath some semblance of fate in presentability."

"Nonsense. You should feel happy you managed to come over here in one piece. Traveling all the way across the Pacific is not an easy task in the slightest."

Suddenly, another pony spots them... a unicorn. "Letter for newcomer pegasi." Vile Soil takes the letter out, only for her to see the worried expressions of Life Seal and Polly Spot.

"Wait! No! Don't open that!"

"Why shall I not?"

"Polly Spot has a point! That letter is a camp invitation! That camp has already taken out half the pegasi in Equestria!"

"Must I remind you that this is just a letter?"

"It's no letter, Vile. DO NOT read it!"

"No! I hast the determination to read this letter."

"NO!!!" Life Seal and Polly Spot shout.

After Vile Soil ignores their warnings and reads the letter, she's absolutely distraught. Puddles of tears form under Vile as she hugs Life Seal and Polly Spot. "It was no wonder thou doth not wanted me to read the letter. This camp thou bringeth up was not a camp at all. My father figure shall be there for thou in the end as long as I talk with him."

"Somepony was with you?!?" Life Seal's face lights up.

"Who?" Polly Spot asks.

"Nobody. I cometh alone."

"But didn't you say..." Life Seal starts.

"I sayeth not whether or not somebody was on my travels."

Polly Spot makes half the connection. "Oh, like praying?" Vile nods. "When was this father figure of yours born?"

"Seventeen thousand years prior. He liveth only to be thirty."

Polly Spot is shocked now. "Yeah, that is WAY to young to live for that short of time."

"What happened to him?" Life Seal asks.

"Nails. I-I need not talk further about him."

"Okay. Sorry about that."

"'tis fine. I apologize that you go through such a monstrosity."

The three hug again, all of them tearing up.