• Published 14th Jan 2016
  • 1,221 Views, 37 Comments

Going Our Own Way... - Dreagknight-LostWriter



From their lost of the Battle of the Bands to being kicked from their hotel, two of the three sirens starts placing blames on each other. Through a heated argument, both members calls quits, deciding that they can do better on their own.

  • ...
7
 37
 1,221

Adagio: Outback Raiding

Laying on the floor, Adagio was awaken by the early dawn light passing through the windows. With a groan, Adagio pulled herself up and yawned. Rubbing her neck, Adagio had to hold back a small yelp from her stiff joints popping. Looking to the large fire pit bowl in front of her, Adagio found that the fire had completely died out. Picking up her prodding stick, Adagio poked at the ashes, seeing if there was any burning wood left. Seeing as there was none, Adagio picked herself up and dust off her clothes. Looking out the window at the still partly dark skies, Adagio wonder how long she would have to do this. Not long afterwards did Adagio stomach started to growled.

“I need some food.” Adagio said, placing a hand onto her stomach. “And something to drink.” She finish, smacking her lips

Checking her pocket once more, Adagio grabbed two dollars from her small pocket stash. Not happy that she had to spend so little, she clutched the money tight as she knew the changed would only last her fifteen days. Sighing, Adagio stretch once more as she headed downstairs and out the house.

Digging her hands deeper into her pockets in the cool morning breeze, Adagio started back towards the way she had came. Empty streets and closed stores was all she saw as she walked passed buildings after buildings. Coming up to a local dollar store, Adagio spotted something sticking out the back dumbster. She squinted her eyes to see if she see it better, but it did her no good all she saw were large boxes sticking out.

“Dammit Adagio, pull yourself together. It's in the dumpster, it’s just trash.” She told herself as she looked side to side. “But, I have seen stores throw out items that were still good…” Adagio bit her lips, her pride clashing with her curiosity. Looking around her, Adagio let out a deep, aggravated sigh. “There’s better be something really good in there or I’m going to kill myself,” she said with gritted teeths.

Pulling her hood over her hood, Adagio walked over to the large dumpster and peered inside. All she saw were broken down boxes and crates on either side, nothing of use. As she continue to scan, her eyes caught something near the bottom of the dumpster. Slowly, Adagio hopped inside the dumpster and started to move the trash around. There at the bottom she found to be some ruin backpack, destroyed clothes, busted fans, broken toys and so much more. A frown plastered on Adagio’s face as to her, all she saw were junk, junk, and more junk.

“Agg, nothing, just my luck. Here I go hopping into a dumpster for what,” Adagio ranted to herself, picking up a ruin backpack. “This?” She said, slamming the bag into the dumpster floor.

In truth, Adagio didn’t know who she was yelling at. Maybe it was her anger breaking out from her current predicament, she didn’t know. What she did know was that she was upset and she wanted to break something. Reaching into the trash, she picked up a box and slammed it into the side of the dumpster. As the box smashed into it, it broke open and something fell out.

“What’s this?” Adagio asked herself, picking up the now empty box. “An Air Mattress with a battery power Pump?” Turning the box upside down, Adagio frown as nothing came out. “Where is the Pump?” Angrily, Adagio tossed the box away and started to search deeper into the dumpster. “Maybe there is some useful stuff here after all.”

***

After searching for half an hour, Adagio manage to scrape up a few items she consider would be useful. She had manage to find: an Air Mattress, a Pump with batteries, a camping lantern, a box of batteries, a duffel bag and backpack, a hat, gloves, some lighters, and a flashlight.

“Ha, now this is what I'm talking about. I bet Sonata or Aria hasn't even manage to find a place to stay, let alone shelter.” Adagio whisper to herself with a triumphant smile. But as the thought of her two friends sleeping on the pavement floor came to her mind, she immediately bit back on her spoken words. “I have no time to worry about them. We went our own way, so we have to worry about ourselves now.” She spoke to herself as she stuff her new found items into her bag. “It’s not like any of them needed me, and I definitely don't need them. I don’t need… either.. one... of... them.” Adagio said as she blink back a few tears that had started to form. Wiping her eyes clear, Adagio put on her backpack and grabbed her bag. “And I’m looking more and more pathetic by the hour, just like a homeless person. Please, just rain on me now to add the icing to the cake.” Adagio pleaded sarcastically. Seeing as the sky was still clear, Adagio sighed and made her way back to her makeshift home.


Sitting in one of the local fast food restaurant, Adagio sourly ate her only meal for the day. After today's find, Adagio wanted more. She didn't just want to rummage through some trash looking for anything that could be useful. No. Adagio wanted to take whatever she needs, when ever she wanted. To be able to go into a store and grab what she wants and walk out without paying. As her mind kept lingering onto the idea, the idea of becoming a local thief didn't sound that bad to her. Sure if she gets caught she would most likely go to jail, but that only means she would have a roof over her head and a meal to eat everyday.

At the mere thought of eating prison food came to her, Adagio let off a small gag as she cover her mouth.

“Okay, how about I focus on not getting caught if I do this.” She mumbled through her hand as she laid her head down on the table.

Author's Note:

What? Did you ponies thought I died or stop writing? No no no, that not the case. It just really hard to find the free time when a certain MMO throwing put event like candy and these event require you to be on for so~ long. Anyway, Adagio, life of crime, can she do it?

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter, leave a comment down below as I do enjoy reading them. :twilightsmile: