• Published 12th Jan 2016
  • 967 Views, 7 Comments

A Game of Homes. - Lethrael



Scootaloo lived in Cloudsdale with her Mum and is an outcast of all the other pegasi. Just because she wasn't able to fly. So she made a decision. A decision, where she want to live.

  • ...
6
 7
 967

Even friends can quarrel.

Even friends can quarrel.

For the next hours, Scootaloo and Twilight worked in the library. And yes the rearranging was protracted. First they've been trying to arrange them in alphabetical order, but as they were halfway through and the books didn't look decent in any kind of matter, Twilight swabbed them down with a bugged sigh. She looked to the empty shelves and shook her head.

"We should seek out a better order, Scootaloo."

The filly stood beside the unicorn, with a pen in her mouth and checked all already arranged books off from a huge checklist. She wasn't sure, why Twilight needed such help a all, but she tried her best to do it right. With both fore hooves she restrained the long list and lay on the role itself with her back hooves. As Twilight had thrown all books back into an unsorted mess, she gave up and let loose of the edges. She jumped quick from the checklist and with a loud crack it rolled back. Twilight took a glance to the list and the smaller pegasesfilly. She sighed again and stroke her mane gently with one hoof.

"What do you think,

do you need a rest?"

Scootaloo nodded and smiled. Twilight replied her smile and pointed at the stairs. She glanced over the mess of books and sighed for the third times. She created a path for herself and the filly with her glowing horn and led her little assistant upstairs.

"I had imagine this a little bit easier, you know.

Well we have the whole week for this, right?

Are you hungry?"

Just now Scootaloo felt it, she was indeed hungry. She nodded and looked around on the next floor of the library.

Before she had the opportunity to let all sink in, a knock downstairs caught her attention. Twilight sighed again.

"Who ever could it be?

Just wait here, Scootaloo."

The filly nodded and Twilight teleported in a flash back upstairs. In the meantime, the filly took a look around and saw even more books, another stairs, a little fireplace and a sideboard with a little bit of kitchen supply, which was in use by a little dragon just now. He hummed in a low tone, as he cut an apple into pieces and put it on a slice of bread. He finished his preparations with a huge bunch of honey, which he drizzled over the apple pieces, He took the bread and gorged it with a huge bit. He turned around to Scootaloo and smiled with his gooey honey-mouth. Scootaloo looked at him with very hungry eyes and licked her lips.

"Oh, uhm, are you finished already?"

Scootaloo nodded, opened her mouth, but her stomach was faster. A growling sounded through the room and the filly blushed a little. Spike smiled and chocked his head. He tried to say something, but a loud voice and walking hooves downstairs stopped him and his expression changed into an almost lyric one.

"I just couldn't believe Darling,
that you had busted my little sisters day.

I have already told you, she was thrilled to help you with your enormous duties."

The high pitch voice paused and Twilights own sounded lower:

"I think you should ask her out again, Rarity..."

The voice snapped back to the unicorn and sounded up.

"Don't you think, I didn't already attempt that?

She didn't give me any kind of answer.

I just know, that a friend of hers had ousted her.

Where is this so called friend of her actually?

She had made the worst mess ever here!"

Finally Twilight returned and a snow white unicorn with a very beautiful and dapper dark violet mane flounced after her. Twilight rolled her eyes, but so that the other marr wasn't able to see it and shook her head.

"She didn't make any kind of mess.

We are taking a short rest and..."

The unicorn took the filly into a stern look, she examined her quickly and squinched up her face in disbelief. She concentrated her attention on every little displaced thing, the filly showed. The tousled mane, the puzzled eyes and finally the tail drew her attention to them. Even her undersize wings came under her scrutiny. Finally she released a curious sound and strutted to the filly.

"Very well then, Twilight.
She looks somewhat wispy for a really helpful pony.

Why did you want a school filly in the first place?

Isn't Spike enough to help you out?"

The mentioned dragon rose a little bit and stroke even a pose. Scootaloo however tried to understand, whether the unicorn had talked with, or about her and stared nervous from one elder mare to the other.

"This isn't important here. Princess Celestia was explicit, that..."

Rarity rolled her eyes and opened her mouth, to interrupt Twilight, but this time the other unicorn let it not happen and set herself besides Scootaloo.

"No Rarity, let me finish.
Princess Celestia wanted, that I deal with the school ponies,

and pick one as an assistant for these tasks.

She was very explicit about that."

Scootaloo opened her mouth and squeaked in surprise. Twilight fell silent and Rarity appeared to be distinguished about the sound. She looked away from the filly, focussed solely on Twilight and smiled.

"But Darling, why didn't you just ask my sister?

I'm sure, she would be be really excited."

Now Twilight interrupted the mare. She stamped her hoof on the ground, looked at Scootaloo and pointed out to her.

"Very well then.

Did you believe, I was unfair to her?

I had decided, after Scootaloo here volunteered to help..."

The filly glanced at Twilight, opened her mouth, but the white unicorn was much quicker and her voice sounded almost upset.

"Well if you say so, Darling.

I was just trying to help.

But if you don't want my help, fair enough!"

The kinship with Sweetie Belle was very clear for Scootaloo at this moment, as the mare pitched her voice so high, that it even hurt in her ears. The unicorn turned away, snapped with her tail once and pranced a few steps away. Twilight, of course ran after her immediately, raised a hoof to stop her and apologized with a low voice.

"I'm really thankful for your offer to help me, Rarity, but..."

Scootaloo went hesitant forward and tried to get the attention of both unicorns. She raised one hoof and stroked sharp with her tail, but none of them stopped their argument.

"No Darling.

You shouldn't exert yourself any further.
How shall I explain the poor little Sweetie Belle,

that my best friend ever didn't see, when she has made a terrible mistake

and simply denies my small appeal?"

Twilight rolled her eyes enervated again and confronted the white unicorn with one scrabbling hoof and blocked her way downstairs.

"Rarity please.

I didn't make a mistake.

Scootaloo here..."

Rarity was eager to speak up, but the loud voice from Scootaloo drowned her answer out.

"I didn't mean to hurt Sweetie Belle and..."

Both unicorn looked at her in shock and Scootaloo silenced quickly, even whispered the last word. Her wings started to tremble again.

"Please stop fighting."

She drooped her head, sure, that she had made a mistake and closed her eyes. So both elder mares had the opportunity to scold her, if she liked to do so. She drew circles on the wooden floor with one hoof, her tail waved nervously and her wings opened halfway.

A hoof raised her chin and a high voice found calm words to build her up again.

"I'm sorry, Darling.

This kind of behaviour didn't behoves a lady."

Scootaloo wasn't sure, if the unicorn meant her behaviour and opened her eyes. Rarity smiled friendly and a little bit of regret shone in her wide blue eyes.

She nodded down to the filly and put the hoof down.

"Before I decide whether to condemn you or not

I should make sure that you actually wronged my dear little sister.

Don't you think so, darling?”

She addressed with the question not the filly, but Twilight, who darted with a very angry look back. She rolled her eyes again, turned over to Spike, who hadn't mention the tension in the room and looked enamoured to the white mare. Twilight sighed and poked the dragon.

“Focus, Casanova. Please prepare a snack and a little bit tea, alright?

And we shall sit down there and talk it out, okay?”

Scootaloo chewed on her lips, tried to calm herself down in this way, but her nerviness grew more and more. The glance from Rarity didn't help much either. She scurried over the floor ad followed Twilight, who was leading both guests closer to the open fire and levitated a few blankets to them. Scootaloo pranced past the blanket on the ground, still biting her lips in an attempt to calm down. Twilight had to lead her back to the blanket and forced her gentle to lay down. Even then her hooves were wandering over the comfortable blanket under her. Rarity on the other hoof, strutted to her blanket, shook it with a quick use of her magic and laid down on them, as it was a throne. Twilight laid down with a much more relaxed expression and cleared her throat.

“So, finally we are settle down a little bit.

Rarity, may I introduce to you Scootaloo?”

The white unicorn darted with concern to her friend, she wasn't pleased to listen to this obvious bad introduction.

“Please, Darling.
I don't believe, that we have to reach out for this standard here.

She is just one false friend of...”

Scootaloo raised her head as she heard this unfriendly speech and starred to the unicorn. She jumped back to her hooves and knocked hard on the ground. Well it sounded rather dull at the blanket, what eased her burst a little bit. But her tail snapped ad even her wings fluttered strong willed.

“I'm a friend of Sweetie Belle.

I don't mean to cause any kind of trouble.

So if it is so important for her, I would...”

Twilight raised her hoof, pushed Scootaloo gently back on the blanket and smiled to her.

“I'm quite sure, that it is simple a huge misunderstanding, Rarity!”

Her gaze sharpened and the last word sounded even angry out of her mouth. Scootaloo stood slowly up again and sighed.

“I will tell Sweetie,

that I won't be your assistant any more

and that she could help you instead.

I don't mean to cause any kind of problem between you and.

I'm sorry.”

Her voice faded away more and more and as she finished she felt tears her eyes. She shut them closed and placed slowly a hoof for the other. Just out of here, before she led to even more quarrel. Warm claws laid down at her chest and she scented the tea.

“You should eat something, Scootaloo.”

Spikes warm voice sounded in her ears and the little dragon led her back in the kitchen. Behind her two whispering voices started a chat, but she didn't listen.

Spike guided the filly to a cushion and put a cup of tea and a sandwich in front of her. His eyes were wandering back to the discussing mares and he took a deep breath. After this he smiled at the filly, but this didn't cheer Scootaloo up in the slightest. She took the sandwich listless into her hooves and took a bit.

“Oh, apple?”

She murmured this uninflected to the bread. Spike sat down next to her with a sigh and smiled more.

“Do you know, sometimes...”

Scootaloo were easily able to guessing his words. Her voice sounded mumbled away from the bread.

“...even the best friends are fighting. Right?

But how do you apologise after the quarrel?”

Spike chocked his head, thought for a while in silence with a serious look on his face. After he found a solution the smile returned easily on his face. His answer sounded through the room.

“This is the most difficult part of the fighting.

You have just to know, what do you have done wrong.

And for this you should apologise.”

Scootaloo drew circles on the ground and chewed on her lips again. She thought back to her fight and nodded. Finally she took the cup, drank a sip and closed her eyes, as the warm tea glided down her throat. The sound of two pair of hooves neared and she opened her eyes again. The white unicorn stood in front of her and her hoof drew circles on the floor too. Her tail waved softly and she opened her mouth.

“I'm really sorry, Darling.

I believe, I was really rude to you.

Shall we start over again

and simply forget this excruciating episode, do we?”

Scootaloo stood up, considered what she wanted to do, shook finally her head and opened the mouth. Before she was able to answer, Spike whispered something to her.

“Do you know, what is more difficult as to ask for forgiveness, Scootaloo?

To accept a genuine apology and to forgive somepony.”

Spike laid down one claw on her flank and the little filly bit her lips again.

“Thanks, uhm, Rarity, right?”

The unicorn nodded with a friendly smile.

“I accept your apology.

I'm Scootaloo. Nice to meet you”

Dear Princess Celestia,

today I've learned a really important lesson about friendship.
Sometimes even the best friends are fighting and have different opinions.

But when somepony has made a mistake and another pony suffered, though she had done nothing wrong,
you should forget your pride and ask for forgiveness.

True friends would always do and when they mean it, the other pony will accept their apology easily.

Having different opinion isn't bad, but to quarrel about it and being rude to somepony else isn't right,
no matter how hard you think, that you are right.

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle.

Author's Note:

So this is the first chapter, which I have created with another Mare.
I have told with a few readers and a few found her here a little bit
out of character.
What do you think?
Is she?