• Published 12th Jan 2016
  • 966 Views, 7 Comments

A Game of Homes. - Lethrael



Scootaloo lived in Cloudsdale with her Mum and is an outcast of all the other pegasi. Just because she wasn't able to fly. So she made a decision. A decision, where she want to live.

  • ...
6
 7
 966

Celestias visit and an obnoxious lecture.

Celestias visit and an obnoxious lecture.

The reading of the letter in front of the whole class wasn't so bad after all. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon had to read one of their own and Diamond invited in hers both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo to her Cute-cenera. The snooty fillies even had to show the right answer for Scootaloos friendly greeting. The few minutes in front of everypoy were nothing in compare for it and easily forgotten. Sweetie Belle wasn't as nervous a she had been and squeaked only at the end of her letter, as she spoke out the word Silver a little bit too long.

Miss Cheerilee announced after this punishment that Princess Celestia would come to a visit at the end of the week and all ponies had to clean up and decorate the village together. Today the pony, who had made this possible, came to lecture and asked for everyponies help.

“So without further delay, please welcome the personal student from Princess Celestia. Twilight Sparkle.”

The class turned their heads in unison and looked to the now opening door. Violet light show the magic of a unicorn and the first look of the mare was a little bit disappointed for the class. Diamond Tiara grumbled clearly in the background at least, but this was drown down by the table knocks from Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. The violet unicorn with the three striped mane smiled gently and looked over the class. Her view stood for one moment on the familiar faces. She headed to Cheerilee's desk and set herself beside of her. She started to address the fillies, after she gave a short side glance at the mare and received a nod as an answer. She spoke up very calmly and all fillies stopped their silent mumbling.

“Dear little schoolponies...”

A giggle sounded out off the second row and interrupted the unicorn for a moment. Scootaloo turned her head to the source of it. It was of course the pink pony with a crown. Diamond Tiara squinched her in face in response and bit her lips with a snicker. Twilight cleared her throat and levitated a bunch of flash cards out off her saddlebacks with a slight glowing of her horn. She looked at the fine described lines on its and read her introduction silently. As she reconsidered, that she had used the right address, she smiled at the school ponies and started over again.

“Dear little schoolponies,

I'm here today, to...”

A raised hoof interrupted her again and she starred past Scootaloo to the second row. She was surprised at best and breathed in a little bit bugged.

“Yes, uhm little one, what do want to know?”

The question interrupted her speech unwelcomely and Silver Spoon throw her own question in.
“Is it true, that Princess Celestia is really come to visit us?”

Twilight nodded weakly, raised her hoof, but Diamond Tiara interrupted her instantly.
“Did this mean, we can meet her in person?

That we should make a performance for her?
That she will visit the school on her own?

That we can talk with a real princess?”

Cheerilee looked shortly to Twilight, who was desperately trying to settle down the class, but their jubilation and loud questions were to much to handle for her. She didn't get any chance to return to her speech in any way. Even the quiet ponies, like Scootaloo, Twist, Featherweight and Sweetie Belle were now carried away from the excitement and joining in the babbling sound with great elation.

Not till Cheerilee stamped her hoof firmly on the ground and cleared her throat with a certain undertone, everpony silenced again. This silence used Twilight to start over.

“Dear little...”

She spoke up not quite as enthusiastic as she was in the first time. She clattered a few sentence down in a hasty way, caught herself up as she came to the point of the voluntary duties for the students.

“You can either help Mister and Misses Cakes with the backing, or clean up the animals with Fluttershy.

Uhm, but no more than two fillies alright?
Besides, we need for the flower festoons and of course for the clean up as many helpful hooves as we can get.

One of you can finally help me out, if you like.”

As Twlight spoke out this sentence, she began to beam with joy and her tail wagged in excitement. Scootaloo thought, where she wanted to help. Uhm Rainbow Dash wasn't mentioned so far. She raised her hoof, but wasn't the only filly, who wanted to speak up. Sweetie Belle raised a hoof too and she was more effective to get the attention with her waving and the:

“Uh....uh....uhuhuh.”

Twilight looked at her and picked her first.

“Yes, uhm, Sweetie Belle, right?”

The little white unicorn blushed, as it sunk in, that her elder sister had talked about her.

“What are we doing with you?”

Twilight smiled excited as she spoke up again. Her fore hooves were clapping together a

few times and she speeded up.

“Good question. We are going to rearrange all the books in the library and...”

Grumbling and whispered mumbling interrupted the excited answer from Twilight and many foals sank their hooves disappointed. But Scootaloo didn't want to give up so easily and kept hers high.

“Uh, do you want to volunteer to help? How nice of you.”

Scootaloo wanted to shake her head, but the pleasing glance from Twilight, so thankful and strangely hounded, let her rething the action. This unicorn was a friend of Rainbow Dash at least and eventually she had an opportunity to improve her first bad impression.

“Uhm, yes. I would like to help you, if you want my help.”

Scootaloo managed this to speak out, as Twilight answered with a friendly smile and asked the class, if anypony else wanted to help her.

Silence, only interrupted with low whispering was the answer.

“Alright, then I look forward for your help, Sugarcube.”

Scootaloo blushed and her wings opened itself again.

“I'm Scootaloo.”

She whispered already and wiped nervously over her mane with one hoof .

“Alright, I won't stay much longer and disturb your education.
It is very important to get properly schooled, don't you think.

Miss Cheerilee may I take Scootaloo with me already?”

The elder mare looked confused, but put herself together very quickly.

“I thought you would like to tell my probably well educated students
a little bit more about the reasons, why Princess Celestia is willing to fly such a distance to...”

Twilight blushed a little bit on her own and cleared her throat once more. She took a deep breath and started over with a wide hoof gesture.

“Well right. Princess Celestia comes to town, because...”

After a long speech about the importance of friendship lessons and a few desperate attempts to interrupt from the schoolponies, pardon, students, the bell ringed and the little ponies left the room really in a need for a break.

“Scootaloo, please, would you stay for a second.”

Miss Cheerilee and Twilight Sparkle stood together behind the desk and the teacher spoke up to her, before she was able to leave the room. Sweetie Belle was begging with her look to stay too and Cheerilee sighed.

“Alright you can stay too, Sweetie Belle.”

Scootaloo sat down on her place and smiled to the unicorn mare, who cocked her head and spoke up on herself.

“The rearranging of the books is a really heavy task for a filly.

I should warn you, it may be even a little bit exhausting and take a lot amount of time.
Do you think you are eager to help me either way?”

Scootaloo nodded assiduously, even if she didn't quite understand what the unicorn had said. The longer she thought about it, the better the idea suited for her. Rainbow Dash would easily come to visit Twilight in the process, if it last longer. The library was a perfect spot to meet Rainbow Dash again.

“I'm sure I can handle it, Miss Sparkle.”

The pegasusfilly tried to sound more grown up, as she obviously was, but the unicorn smiled and shook her head.

“Just Twilight, please. Alright now...”

The mare headed further, knocked two times with her right fore hoof on the ground, smiled friendly and drew a straight line on the ground with the other hoof.

“I'm thankful, that you are volunteer to help me, Scootaloo.”

She turned over and looked imploring to Cheerilee. The other mare rolled her eyes and a weird smile covered her face.

“Alright, alright Twilight. But you should check it out with her parent. I mean her aunt, of course.”

The unicorn smiled thankfully and looked back over her shoulder to the pegasus. She brightened her smile and raised a hoof.

“We can start right now, if you like.”

Scootaloo replied the smile and nodded. She grabbed the saddlebacks and put it on. Though she saw the disappointed friend, who begged her with her saddest possible face.

“Uhm, I know you have said, only one of us can help you.

But Sweetie Belle is my friend and maybe...”

Twilight shook her head apologetic. One hoof circled around on the ground and her tail scared imaginary flies away.

“I'm sorry, but more fillies I'm not able to...”

The sad impression on Sweetie Belles face worsened even more and Twilight struggled with herself.

“Sweetie Belle, you heard it. Eventually you can help Fluttershy instead.”

Cheerilee spoke up and the little unicorn pulled a face. Scootaloo laid a hoof on her flank and smiled hesitantly. She opened her wings halfway and flap them once. Then she remembered, that her friend wasn't a pegasus. So she tried to remember what her aunt had said about the right hoof movement for an apology. She smiled, as she remembered it and stroke the ground two times. As Sweetie Belle didn't respond she rethought again and cocked her head.

“I'm sorry, Sweetie Belle. I should have ask you before I have volunteer.”

Her friend shook her head and squeaked out a fast:

“It's alright, you know.”

She interrupted herself and puffed her cheeks. She stroke the ground with a hoof and her tail snapped a little bit.

“Just go, alright. We see each other, when Princess Celestia comes to town.”

Scootaloo wasn't sure, whether she was miffed, or jealous. Sweetie Belles voice didn't sound like one of it. But she turned her back on her, grabbed the saddleback and ran out off the classroom without any sort of further goodbye.

Scootaloo couldn't think of it for long. Twilight wanted to move and the other students glanced at her partly full of envy and partly in disapproval. She followed Twilight and thought about her friend.

“Well, I'm glad, that a pegasus filly like you is eager to help me.

I'm sure, your flight skills are quite very useful.”

Scootaloo drooped her head and sighed. Twilight looked at her encouraging and even smiled a little bit.

“I can't fly right now.”

This was the only thing, Scootaloo was able to talk and she blushed. She looked away and ambled next to Twilight. The elder unicorn squinched her face and bit her bottom lip shortly.

“Wrong, Twilight.”

She mumbled and thought for a few moments.

“Well, this means we have just take a little bit more time as I thought, right?”

This statement didn't cheer Scootaloo up and she stopped walking. Her wing tips shook a little bit and on the left side they even buckled.

“I'm sorry, Twilight. I think somepony else is a much better help for you than me.”

Twilight stopped too and smiled hesitantly. She moved closer to the filly and pranced on the spot. She stroke three times the ground with her left hoof, her tail wagged nervously from left to right.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put you on a spot.

But I'm really thankful, that you volunteer to help.

And I think, you will be a great help for me.”

The filly looked at her face, her eyes shined bright, but her voice sounded a little bit enquiring for Twilight.

“Really?”

Twilight smiled and answered with a firm hoof stump.

“Really!”

Author's Note:

So for the first time, Scootaloo has an opportunity to meet with Twilight Sparkle.
How do you liked it?
Matched she she show?
Or did I alter her too much?
I hope you have enjoyed it.