• Published 21st Nov 2011
  • 4,405 Views, 33 Comments

Leaves of Love - Underdogg



You're a Wonderbolt taking part in the Running of the Leaves, where you meet a loving fan.

  • ...
6
 33
 4,405

Part 2

“You win Applejack”
The crowd around you begins to silence and you don’t hear anything except the brisk fall wind entering your ears. You start to become dizzy and you feel blood entering your mouth.
*THUD*

* * * * * *
You stretch out and feel a sharp pain in your chest. There’s a light, you can feel entering your eyes. Again, you feel sharp bolts of pain in your chest.
“CLEAR!”
You are jolted upwards and you can feel a warm hoof touch your forehead.
“CLEAR!”
Jolted up again the light starts to fade. You become aware of your surroundings and you start to hear people rushing around you.
“Alright he’s coming back”
“....wha-...wha happened” you squeeze out your throat. You can still taste blood, but the pain in your chest is slowly fading,
“You pushed yourself way too hard, son”, you hear a gentle voice coo. “Let’s leave him to rest”.
You suddenly feel a warm mass engulf your body.
“Oh, Silverbolt! I was... I was so scared!”
You open your eyes slightly, and you areO greeted with vibrant colours. Instantly you realise who it is. The last mare you saw before you collapsed.
“Yes... yes, Dash I’m fine.” She looks up at you with teary eyes.
“Is Applejack ok?”
“Yeah.. she’s just resting” she places her head on your chest again. You both sit there for quite some time, you feel her warm touch against your body.
After resting for a while, you come to your senses. You find yourself in a hospital room. No one is there except you and Dash. Her chest is lightly inflating, and she is breathing slowly. “I love you”
Your heart skips a beat. Did she just say the three big words? You start to feel anxious. Was she just trying to make me feel better? Or is she being serious. I’ve only known this mare since this morning, but I think she’s known me for several years. Then, as you lay back in your bed, you realise the mare you met this morning is sleeping on the love of her life.
How could you feel the same way about her, when you met Applejack. Your head starts to hurt, and you just close your eyes...

* * * * *
“Well, Mr Silverbolt, you took a turn for the worse yesterday!” the doctor says.
“Yeah, I guess I shouldn’t have pulled that stunt out there..” You start to look embarrassed. “Your mare-friend, Miss Dash, left this morning.” You roll the word mare-friend around in your head for a moment. “But she told me to pass on a message to you.” You look up to him. “She said for you to meet her at her cloud-house” and he rattles off the address.
“A cloud-house?” you think to yourself. “The last time you were in one of those was when you were a colt. Why would she want me to come to her house?”
“We are going to check you out now, but you should take it easy, understand?”
You nod in agreement. Your chest still hurts and you wont be doing a great deal of flying or running any time soon.
Now you had to go meet Dash at her apartment. Applejack then invaded your thoughts. Where was she? Has she been checked out? The best place to check was in the Ponyville town centre - Sugarcube Corner. Undoubtedly there would be somepony there to answer your question.
As you walked over to Sugarcube Corner, you pondered whether you should stay and chat, or if you should see her, see that she is OK, and then leave to go meet Dash. You couldn’t bare to stand her up, but you wondered if Applejack knew she had won the race because of you.
There she was. Standing, happy as ever, behind a cart filled with apples. She was advertising her wares to ponies who passed by. You stare at her for some time, but she never makes eye contact with you. Eventually you walk over to her. You prepare yourself for the worst.
“How you holding up?” You mumble half-hearted to her. She turns to you. You half expect her to slap you across the muzzle for pulling such a stupid stunt. However, the next thing she said nearly broke your heart in half.
“I beg your pardon? I don’t believe we’ve met! My name is Applejack, and what ya see here is the finest selection of apples from my farm!” She smiles. You choke on your words. This mare has forgotten everything that happened. The struggle you went through to save her, the first time you met her and the laughs you shared. Your feelings for her were non existent as far as she was concerned.
“Uh.. um.. well my name is Silverbolt, and I just heard you checked out of the hospital this morning.”
“Well shucks! I didn’t know I had fans, well Mr. Silverbolt, I’m doin great thanks to the kind colts and mares up at the hospital. Say, you wouldn’t happen to know who won the Runnin’ of the Leaves yesterday do ya’?”
This question took you completely off guard. What could you say? How could you explain this to her? Then you said it, you just said the first thing that came into your head.
“Rainbow Dash”
“Well, that darn pony! I won’t stop hearin’ about this for months! Well, it was nice meetin’ ya Silverbolt, but I’ve got business to attend to.
You nod and walk away, feeling like you’ve just destroyed your entire life in seconds