• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 1,405 Views, 15 Comments

Story ideas and snippets - blake0831



A collection of story ideas and snippets that comes to me every once in a while.

  • ...
5
 15
 1,405

CHOBITS fusion

"Wake up..."

"Zzz..."

"Hay! Wake up!"

"Zzz..."

"Alright. You asked for this..."

"Zzz..."

Th-thock!

Klunk! Klunk!

"Eeooww!" Aaron jerked upright in his bed as he was rudely awakened by the twin points of pain on his forehead. As he furiously rubbed his head, his eyes fell on the cause of his sudden morning headache.

Perched on a nearby desk, with a pile of golf balls next to her, waas a 15 cm high orange pony with green eyes, freckles, a yellow mane and tail and wearing a small Stetsons.

The miniature pony was part of a set of revolutionary products from Hasbro Corp. The ponies, modeled after the characters from the unexpected hit My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in terms of appearance and base personality, represents massive advancements in robotics, miniaturized consumer electronics and AI algorithms. The ponies could walk, talk and over time, develop their own unique personalities, based on their interactions of their environment and who they talk to. They could last a few days without recharging and when they do need it, the ponies would just lie down and 'sleep' on a specialized pad to wirelessly recharged them.

There are three 'baseline' models. The Earth ponies featured the highest strength and endurance. The unicorns can double as multipurpose IR transmitters and night light. The pegasus could climb near vertical surfaces (with special 'gecko' pads on their feet) and glide.

Soon after their release, the ponies had became best-sellers despite their rather high prices. So far, Hasbro Corp has only released the 'Mane Six', but promised to release more at a later date.

Apart from functioning as playthings and friends, the ponies could also act as a miniature personal assistants and secretary.

Which was why Applejack is glaring at Aaron from the top of his desk. Applejack had been a present from his mother, ostensibly because she was his favorite. He suspected that the true reason was with Applejack's personality, she could nag at him in proxy.

"Come on, you lazy colt. You got things to do today!" she shouted at Aaron. Aaron took a look at the room clock, and groaned. "Applejack, it's 8am on Saturday morning. Just let me go back to sleep."

Applejack narrowed her eyes. She nudged a golf ball away from the rest and glared at him.

"Ah'm a'counting down." She turns around.

"3..." Looks back and began to ready her legs.

"2..." She took aim...

"I'm up! I'm up! Don't shoot!" Aaron yelped as he leap from his bed and ran for the bathroom door.

After his quick shower and change of clothes, he made his way to the living room, where Applejack was sitting smugly on his coffee table.

Aaron growled, "Come on. Let's get some breakfast." as he reached down to get her. She leap onto his out-reach hand and climbed up his arm. After she had settled herself on his shoulder he asked, "What's the schedule for today?"

Applejack dutifully recited, "Well, after breakfast, you have..."


Aaron yawns as he trudged his way back to his modest apartment. After a rather busy day running all over town, he's more than happy to simply plop onto his bed when he reached it. But first...

"Alright, Applejack. Is there anything else I forgot today?" He asked the tiny orange cow-pony sitting on his shoulder.

"Hmm..." Applejack thought out loud, consulting the checklist stored on her onboard memory. "Well..."

Suddenly, she froze, her ears pricked up straight.

Puzzled by her pause, Aaron stopped and asked, "Is there something-"

"Did you hear that? she interrupted, her ears swiveling about here and there, straining to catch every sound.

"Hear wha- Hey!"

Aaron exclamation was ignored as Applejack quickly (and to his alarm) jumped to the ground. The durable pony landed on her hooves without any problems, and took off towards a nearby alley. Aaron immediately gave chase, wondering what was so urgent.

When he finally caught up to the surprising quick (for her size) cow-pony, she was rummaging through a small pile of rubbish next to a trash-bin.

"Applejack, what's going on?" he asked.

"Ah heard something. From in here. Help me clear this away."

He was puzzled by her odd behavior, but he began clearing the pile away.

It wasn't long before the reason for her urgency was revealed.

"Oh, no..." Aaron said.

Lying broken on the ground under the stray pile of trash was a Fluttershy. Her wings appeared to be mangled, maybe by some rats or a stray dog, her coat is dirty and matted and her back and hind legs seems to be broken.

As Aaron tries to decide what to do, the Fluttershy weakly murmur a soft cry for help. Applejack turned a pair of pleading eyes on him. That made his decision.

"Come on..." he softly said as he gingerly picked up Fluttershy, taking care not to do further damage.

Applejack watched in silence as Aaron carefully tucked the butter-yellow pegasus into a spare small box that he found. "What are you going to do?"

"I think there's some spare parts back home in storage that I can use to fix her. Also, there's someone I know that may help me out with this."

"...Alright." Applejack softly answered as she climbed up to his shoulder.

Both of them were quiet as Aaron quickly made his back to his apartment.