• Published 1st Jan 2016
  • 416 Views, 2 Comments

Happy Hearthswarming, Cmc - Perry Pinkie Potter



Scootaloo doesn't have any parents anymore. Huh, neither does Applebloom.

  • ...
 2
 416

Scootaloo

I shook myself a little, ashamed. There was no need to overreact back there! I hope Sweetie Belle and Applebloom aren't worried...

I finally arrived at my place. The orphanage.

"Hey Scootaloo! Happy Hearthswarming!" A blue and gold mare called out to me.

"Thanks, Sun Catcher. You too." I replied.

I trotted to get some dinner, where Mrs. Hope Star seemed to be waiting for us. I grabbed some food and sat down.

"Now I know it's Hearthswarming, and we all might be feeling a little down, so I encourage you all to spend the holiday with your friends. Now, with that out of the way, it's time to announce the lucky foals!"

Of course! I had forgotten! Every year, Mrs. Hope Star told us who had gotten adopted for Hearthswarming. It was great to see your friends so happy when they're called, but you kinda feel like mud when you aren't it. However, I was hopeful this year!

...


"Alright, the final 2 names!"

I grinned. That HAD to be Sun Catcher and I!

"Alright! Sun Catcher!"

I smiled and hugged her. "Ooh! Congrats, Catch! Get up there!"

"Thanks, Loo! Hope you join me up there!"

I grinned! This was it this was my year!

"And finally, Scootaloo!"

I almost exploded with joy! Oh my gosh! I was finally adopted! YES!

I tried to hide my glee, because I knew how it felt to not be chosen. But I was so happy!

I ran up with the other ponies, joining Sun Catcher and hugging her.

...

"Hey, Loo! Do you have a bag I can use for my stuff?"

I shook my head. "Mrs. Hope Star might, though. I'll go ask."

"... What do you mean? Oh! She'll be devastated... Yes, I understand. I'll tell her your sorry."

I walked up to her. "Are you okay, 'mam? Do you have a bag Sun Catcher can use?"

Mrs. Hope Star nodded. "Here you are, Scootaloo. And afterwards... There's something I need to tell you."

"Yes 'mam!" I took the bag and ran back.

"Hey," Sun Catcher exclaimed. "I'll still be able to see you, right?"

I grinned. "Of course! I have to go, Mrs. Hope Star wanted to see me."

"What does she want?"

I shrugged. "I dunno. See you in a minute."

I ran back. "What do you need? Am I in trouble?"

She shook her head. "No, Scootaloo. But, um..."

I cocked my head. "What?"

She sighed. "The ponies who planned on adopting you called."

I smiled. "Can I talk to them? Did you tell them thank you from me?"

She shook her head gently. "Well, they... Their mother informed them she didn't want them having any kids and took back the money they were going to use. They can't adopt you."

My world crashed around me. I didn't know why there were still sounds and motions, when the world was obviously over. Realization slowly dawned on me. I wasn't getting adopted... I was staying here... And all my friends weren't.

"Scootaloo-"

I didn't care what she had to say. I slammed open the door and ran out, tears stinging my eyes.

I ran to the only place I knew I could still go. The clubhouse.

Author's Note:

It was going to be that her name just wasn't called, but you all expected that. I decided to test the waters with a real life problem. Canceled adoption. Sorry Scootaloo.