• Published 1st Jan 2016
  • 415 Views, 2 Comments

Happy Hearthswarming, Cmc - Perry Pinkie Potter



Scootaloo doesn't have any parents anymore. Huh, neither does Applebloom.

  • ...
 2
 415

School

"Alright, everypony settle down, please. I know the holidays are coming, and we're all excited, but it's still school." Mrs. Cheerilee smiled. The class reluctantly quieted.

"Thank you. Now, I thought today we could do something a bit more fun. Anypony who'd like to can share some of there favorite holiday traditions with the class. Any volunteers?" She asked. There were a lot. And soon they were off.

Sweetie Belle was first. "Even though my parents are in Canterlot, they come over to visit Rarity and I! It's special, because we usually don't see them much!"

Diamond Tiara seemed eager. "My dad and mom have this competition to see who can buy the most expensive gift! They waste all their money, and it's stupid, but it's really fun to watch!"

Silver Spoon nodded. "Sometimes my mom and dad join in too! It's like a battle!"

Twist raised his hoof. "Every sense I found out my baking talent, my mom helps me try a new cookie recipe every year!"

Button Mash thought a minute. "Sometimes Mom and I play video games together! Ever year she tells me how to beat what level I'm on. I've been waiting five months to learn the secret to Level 168!"

It seemed everypony had a tradition. And it seemed all these involved their parents. Which kept out two filles in particular.

One was Applebloom. Her parents had passed shortly after she was born. Her head was hidden from sight on the desk.

The other was Scootaloo. She had never known her parents. She cried silently.

But nopony noticed either one. They were all too excited to notice the mares wishing the day was over.

Until it was.

"Happy Holidays, everypony!" Mrs Cheerilee smiled as foals lept out.

"Scootaloo? Applebloom?" Sweetie Belle asked gently.

"They must have fallen asleep." She whispered, shaking them gently.

Their faces rose. "Are you two okay?" Sweetie Belle asked, her voice full of concern.

Applebloom shook her head. "I'm fine, Sweetie Belle. Just... Tired." She set off towards Sweet Apple Acres.

Scootaloo rapidly wiped tears. "Thanks, but I'm alright. I'm heading home."

Sweetie Belle caught up to them. "I'll see you both tonight, right?"

"Of course."

"Wouldn't miss it."

"Oh. Um... Okay." Sweetie Belle faltered as they ran off. "See you, I guess."

She walked home, crestfallen.

Author's Note:

Yup, going with those head cannons. :applecry: