• Published 14th May 2016
  • 1,892 Views, 72 Comments

Safer in open hooves - Elemental Fury



Troy is an abused, kid, when he wakes up in Ponyville hospital with the mane six, he honestly couldn't hope for anything better

  • ...
10
 72
 1,892

7: Sweet memories

I marvelled at the building Luna had led me to. It was simple, a small cottage-esque type of building. It looked so out of place in this city, where most of the buildings were made of more refined looking material yet I would be lying if I said I did not enjoy the style of the building.

“Well, here we are.” Luna told me while opening the door with her magic.

“What is ‘here’ exactly?” I asked, curious about the peculiar building.

“This is where all the official business involving marriages, adoptions and those who are coming to stay in Equestria is dealt with. While your stay will likely not be permanent, we should certainly have you established as a legal citizen of Equestria. It’s rare but some, like Blueblood as you saw, don’t take kindly to anything that isn’t from Equestria.” Luna informed as we made our way in.

“Wait, so the reason the elite have been kicking off is because their xenophobic?” I asked, wondering how such a thought became the centre of a group so high up in a place like Equestria. I admit, with a few exceptions, I did not get along with authority figures on earth so my view of the group had already been a bad start.

“I suppose that’s one way of putting it.” Luna said as her lips curled into a frown. “The elite have never been very good at being sociable to the common pony. Why they find so much distaste towards ponies and other creatures I may never know.”

“Hmm, that’s unfortunate. Definitely makes you wonder about them though.” I mused aloud, more to myself than the night princess.

“Yes, I suppose it does…Yet I have to so, you already seemed pretty decided on the elite before you met them. Though I suppose Jet Set and Upper Crust could have left quite a bad taste in your mouth…” Luna seemed to be lost in her own thoughts as I saw a pink unicorn with blue eyes and a fiery red mane coming out of a room near the back.

“Well, with some exceptions like you and your sister I don’t actually get on all that well with authority figures.” I mentioned, answering her query.

“Really? I don’t believe I’ve heard of anypony in Equestria that didn’t get along with their authority figures. Some other species there has been some issues with, yet they’ve always been minor and easy to fix or so Celestia tells me.”

“Yeah, well the majority of authority figures from personal ones to people like the majority of the police force were self-entitled jerks. They always also seemed to think they had ability to do whatever they want to others!” I was getting to the point where I nearly broke out into a frustrated rant when we heard a mare clearing her throat.

“Princess Luna, you said you needed to see me today?” The unicorn from before was now at the counter.

“Ahh yes, I’m glad you were able to see us today miss Heart. Any later and I fear the complications would have been unbearable!” Luna exclaimed with a nervous smile on her face.

“Oh? Well what is it you need of me? I assume it’s related to your friend here.” The unicorn spoke in a soothing soft voice, similar to Fluttershy’s yet without the hesitance Fluttershy usually has.

“You would be correct and it would be pertinent to note that this is related to citizenship as well.” Luna informed the mare.

“oh…OHH! Well, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Sweet Heart, what’s your name?” She asked with a wide smile.

“Troy…Schitzkid…” I awaited a shocked gasp yet was pleasantly surprised when I heard none.

“Well, if you don’t mind mister Troy, could you come with me to the back? You too princess?” She asked us and we both nodded, practically in sync, eliciting a giggle from Sweet. “Follow me then!”

***

After 2 hours, many questions both related to the citizenship and Sweet’s curiosity and really awkward moment where I tripped and fell head first into Sweets lap, I was walking out of the building with a handful of documents and a plastic card that proved I was a legal citizen of Equestria.

“Well, they’re we are. We shouldn’t need to do anything else now to stop anything bad from happening in regards to you staying in Equestria.” Luna informed me with a beaming grin on her face.

“Yeah…Hey, Luna, what did you mean when you said the complications would be unbearable?” I asked and immediately her happy expression changed to one of what seemed to be a mix of anger and sadness.

“There is a law that me and ‘Tia are trying to abolish, yet the elite are, annoyingly, an essential part of the process and they don’t want to get rid of this law. It states that if any creature resides in Equestria for more than 7 days without any legal citizenship, they can be punished by death.” Luna’s words made me grimace as my thoughts went back to the torture devices I had seen before I had been knocked unconscious yesterday.

“Well, that’s…disturbing.” I couldn’t think of any other words to the describe the law, not that unjust laws were something I was unfamiliar with, I did used to live on earth after all.

“Agreed.” Luna said before she seemed to notice something to our right. “Well, it seems our wandering will not take us back to the castle just yet.”

“What?” I asked, following her gaze before I noticed the others at what appeared to be a restaurant. Cadence waved us over while the others waited before they looked at their menus. “Oh, nice.”

We talked about what had happened with the elite, causing Celestia to grimace before a rare look of fury appeared on her features. We talked about why they would do it until we all decided to ignore them for now and enjoy our meals.

When I mentioned Sweet to the others Cadence seemed to gain a rather…mischievous look on her face. Not to long after, Celestia asked to see the documents to make sure everything was in order, I passed them over then after a while she adorned a satisfied smile.

Yet, in this memory I feel a strange feeling unlike any other…or rather two. A longing for something hidden in plain sight and a cold ruthless nothingness that seems to shine through only as I remember Celestia’s smile, as though something unnatural and perverse was watching from afar. That devil, he said he was only there to make sure I made the trip safely yet I wonder…

So many questions, and now I’m questioning it all yet all I know is that perhaps, my appearance in Equestria wasn’t just a stroke of good fortune.

Author's Note:

For those of you who care, there will be a new chapter every Sunday at 21:00 (preferably on the dot)