• Published 28th Feb 2016
  • 415 Views, 4 Comments

Broken Angels - Amega



Sometimes we're not born to fly, we have to find a way to do it ourselves. Follow Volanti, a blank flank mare excluded from society for wanting to be different, and Nick, a human who was unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

  • ...
2
 4
 415

1 The Prologue

Author's Note:

Well, this is my first story. Enjoy. Don't forget to leave some constructive criticism to help me improve.

"Ok sweetie, time for bed," the tired mother called out to her energetic daughter. This elicited a groan of frustration from the small Earth Pony filly. "Come on, don't give me that look, it's time to go to bed." The calm demeanor of the brown Earth Pony mother did nothing to calm the excited filly, however.

"No! I'm not tired yet! I don't wanna!" The filly protested.

"Come on, if you don't go to bed now, then you won't be able to enjoy hearth's warming day."

"Fine," the filly groaned yet again while sliding of the couch she was jumping on, "But you owe me a story." The mother smiles at her filly's antics as she walks past.

"That can be arranged. Which story do you-"

"The story about the Humans!" This elicited a giggle from the mother.

"Hehe, I should have known, you've always liked that one. Get into bed while I get the book to read." Five minutes later, once the brown Earth Pony found the book for her daughter, and got a glass of water, she came into the filly's room.

"Hurry up, you're so slow," the filly chided her mother.

"All right I'm coming, I'm coming," she said as she quickened her pace as she approached her daughters bed. "Now let's begin the story-"

"wait! Can you please tuck me in first?" The filly pleaded.

"sure honey," she smiled as she pulled the sheets over her daughter. "Now let's begin the story.
As we know, humans are very weird. They aren't very smart, yet the animals make things like spears to hunt for food. And they hunt in groups, making them very bad to be around. They can be very bad for towns and ponies, because they are very mean and want to hurt them. They're so wild that nopony can tame them, except for one. Her name was Hard Reason. She was a mare that was strong and brave. And she had her Human friend too. Together they found a lot out about humans. Like how they can say what you say, like a parrot, but can't learn to talk themselves. and they also helped ponies with their problems, as Humans can climb and hold things better than ponies can. but, one day, both her and her human suddenly went missing. But some say she still goes around, helping ponies in need."

"Mum, do you think I could be a great human tamer like her?"

"I'm sure you could be a better one," the mother replied, gently stroking her filly's mane.

"Mum, the other filly's are making fun of me again. They're," tears start to well up in the filly's eyes, "They're calling me stupid and weird because i want to fly like a Pegasus. Why am I so weird?"

"Awww, Honey, your not weird. You're you. Just because others don't like who are, it doesn't mean you have to. As long as you've been good of course. You never know, one day, you might just grow wings. now you need rest for tomorrow. have a good sleep."

"All right," the filly manages to say around a yawn. "I love you mummy."

"I love you too, my little Volanti."