• Published 6th Jun 2012
  • 519 Views, 5 Comments

True brothers. - thatshadowbrony



Three brothers who get each other through everything, but how far will they go?

  • ...
 5
 519

Part 1

((now im going to go ahead and warn the haters who Emailed me about the last story, i purposely built up Star's drama too fast. so don't comment about it plz and Arcane, no time skips =) in fact, time went too slow!))

Starlight dashed around in the sky, his brother watching him from the park bench. As starlight attempted to smash through another cloud, He tumbled out the other side and landed infront of his closest older brother, Forest fire. "Hello there, starlight."

"Hey, sorry for disturbing your..." glances behind his brother "Nothing...?"

Forest smiled "It's alright. im glad to have somepony to talk to." He gestured to the other side of the bench

"Well," he plopped down "Whaddya wanna talk about?"

His tone sounded more like a dare. "Whatever intrests you."

"Well i SOMEHOW" he said sarcastically and rolled his eyes "Didn't make this teams weather te..." *shakes head* "Weather team."

*squints eyes* "Im sorry to hear that..."

"Hah... REEAL funnnn..." Oh celestia, is she looking at me?

"Something up, starlight? what are you looking at."

"That rainbow maned pony over there..." he began blushing madly. WELL! there goes my secret.

Forest smirks at his younger brother "You like her?"

"N...no! even if i did she's too hot for me... and i just gave myself away even more."

He leans over to his brother to whisper to him "I can see why"

"Wait... you like her too?"

"What? no! i mean she's cute and all, but i know why YOU like her."

"Which? The looks or the skill?"

"3 things. The things you said and... something else. 1. skill 2. looks 3. flank."

Starlight's eyes twitched at 'flank' "Flank...?"

"Cmon starlight! you KNOW that'll be your goal one day."

He blushed worse "N...no! i... i just... I thought you are supposed to keep those thoughts OUT of your little brother's head! bleah!"

Forest patted his revolted brother's shoulder "trust me. if you don't learn about this now, it'll only be more confusing later on."

"Oh come ON forest! im gonna be lucky to even get to first bast with this filly! and if i'm not one of the luckiest colts ever... no dough."

Forest shrugged. "You never know when luck is on your side."

Starlight glanced over his shoulder "Haven't been having alot of luck with clouds." he mumbled.

"You know, if you REALLY want to be a better flyer... nah, your probably not up to it. unless... you think you can." he challenged

"What is it?" he tried not to sound too excited.

"Something i had to do in flight academy..."

"WHATISITWHATISITWHATISIT?!?!" he couldn't hold it back HE WAS LEARNING SOMETHING FROM FLIGHT ACADEMY!

"follow me." He pushes around a few clouds and storm clouds then lands on a rather... far and... tiny cloud. "You are going to fly to this while I-" dashes to the closest stormcloud will 'monitor' you" he explained with more challenge in his voice

"Wait... what if i get hurt?"

"dont worry. if my aim hasn't gotten better, you'll be FINE"

"Okay... i trust you."

"And once you reach the halfway mark i'll begin" he bounces and some lightning shoots down "The hard part"

"Um... i'm going to die arent i?"

Forest glided down and hugged Starlight "I won't let it happen"

"Okay... 3... 2... 1..." Starlight shot off and gulped when the halfway mark came within reach

Lightning slammed down to the left of starlight "To the right! the right!" He sighed with relief as starlight glided right "glide left!"

Starlight only glided slightly left. if he didnt, only his wing-tip would be grazed. and the next one, he dodges to the right. His heart sank when his reactions didn't change as he heard "This one'll be infront of you!" He moved slightly right, and the joint connecting his wing to his body started burning. the last thing he remembered before the world going black was spiraling downwards.

He expected to see starlight panting on the other side of the cloud. When he didn't, he glanced under and saw him aim downwards "Starlight!" he dived after his elevation losing brother. He grabbed onto his back and aimed upwards, attempting to stop both their speeding bodies. I swear to celestia i won't let go! Then he felt someone pulling HIM up.

"Ugh... Hang on!" came a voice above "Im here to help!"

Forest thought it was a few months before his hooves touched the clouds. He completeley forgot about the pony who had saved his and his brother's lives. "Starlight? Starlight! wake up!"

--"arlight! wake up!" Starlight didn't dare open his eyes. he couldn't feel anything except the pain in his left wing

"Oh bro! are you okay?"

"If by okay, you mean i can't feel ANYTHING then yes..." he stretched open his eyes and blinked -he refused to count that fast- many times. "Oh... what happened... oh my gosh" his voice dropped to a whisper "She's RIGHT behind you!"

Forest's eyes shot open "Who?"

"R...ra...rain...rainbow...dash" He spoke at his normal volume "Hi rainbow... Thank you for saving me"

"I know where this is going, and i know. i've KNOWN. you aren't very good at hiding it. and i just wanted to say that i don--"

Starlight didn't need to hear the rest. he flew off away from his crush and Forest, wincing at every flap. When they were almost out of sight, he buried his face and screamed his frustration out.

Forest landed at his cloud and decided NOT to point out what he heard of that and what he wanted to scold him for saying. "Starlight... are you alright?"

He swung his tear covered face towards his brother, the second to last person he didn't want to see right now. "If you hadn't dared me to do that... thing back there, i might still have had a chance with her! now she not only knows i like her, but that i SUCK at flying! you RUINED MY CHANCE!"

Forest sighed, remaining calm as he was very good at it. "Starlight, i dared you BECAUSE she was watching. And she looked impressed."

Starlight turned away and glanced down for a few moments, untill forest could hear him crying. "Forest" *sniff* "I didn't do this to be a better flier. I just wanted to be like you!" He smiled through his tears.

"You just wanted to be like your older brother? well, remembering my first time, i think you did pretty good."

Starlight turned and hugged his brother "Im sorry i yelled at you forest! Im sorry! i just... i..."

"here. i'll make it up to you. Why don't we go meet your OTHER brother."

"WAIT, WHAT?!"