• Published 3rd Jan 2016
  • 494 Views, 20 Comments

A Horse at Hogwarts - ponygirl825



There is a new addition to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and she's a bit, different...

  • ...
2
 20
 494

A Strange New World

Enchanted Hue stood in the doorway of her room, scanning the walls for any last minuet additions she might want to add to her bag. She found one. She pounced onto her bed and was propelled up by the springs, allowing her to reach the item in question, a book containing recopies for potions, good for both pranks and actual uses. She flipped open one of her saddle bags with her muzzle and slid the book in. Now they were really packed. She turned off the light and closed the door. She proceeded into the living room, where a familiar face was standing, stroking one of Hue's leopard geckos.

"Thanks for watching my geckos while I'm on this trip." She said, walking towards Fluttershy.

"No problem," she replied, a smile on her face as she gently placed the lizard back in its aquarium. "I don't have a lot of reptiles, so this will be a fun experience for me."

"I really do appreciate it. I don't know exactly where I'm going, or what I'll be doing, but I trust the Princess." Hue said, not letting it show how knotted up her insides were. "Lock up when you leave, and the vet's address is on the counter in case anything happens." Fluttershy nodded in response.

"Have a good trip!" she shouted (well, as much of a shout that could come from her,) as Hue walked out the door.

Off to Canterlot I go, she thought, feeling like the knots from earlier were getting tighter.

--------

Enchanted Hue arrived in Canterlot a few hours later. She slowly stepped off the train. She tried to sort out her thoughts and block out the noise of the ponies around her. The princess had asked Hue to meet her at "Doughnut Joe's", a little doughnut and coffee place just off of Carousel Lane. She wondered why the Princess of Equestria would ask her to meet in such a trivial little shop rather than the Royal Courtroom or something. She supposed it didn't matter, there was some reason it had been chosen, maybe the princess just really liked the doughnuts there. Enchanted Hue set off for "Doughnut Joe's".

When she arrived, she realized that ponies must have seen her walk in, because the place was packed, not to mention the huge crowd huddled in front of the windows, and the countless flashes from press cameras. She pushed through the crowd until she got to the door. A bodyguard stood in front of it, he was wearing an earpiece and dark shades.

"Name," he spat.

"E-Enchanted Hue, sir," Hue stuttered. Her ears laid flat against her head as the entire crowd of ponies turned to stare at her. She heard murmurers and whispers in bits and pieces.

"...the mare Celestia's seeing..."

"...only a foal..."

"...at the tender age of fouteen..."

"...thought she was eighteen..."

Sixteen. Hue thought bitterly, as both of those guesses had been two years off. The guard pulled his shades down to the tip of his muzzle, obviously also surprised that Celestia had scheduled an audience with a young mare. He eventually pulled them back up.

"The Princess is just there," he again spat, pointing to a table right next to the window where, you guessed it, the hoard of ponies was crowded.

"Thank you," Hue almost whispered. She slowly made her way to the table the RULER OF EQUESTRIA was seated at. Her breathing quickened the closer she got. She looked at the ground, refusing to chance even a glance at ANYPONY. She stopped when she finally reached the table in question. Ears still folded back, she closed her eyes and knelled.

"Oh, no need to be so formal," said a sweet soft voice. It sounded confident, but also welcoming. Enchanted Hue stood and looked the princess in the eye. She was five times as beautiful in the flesh. "Have a seat won't you?" she asked, gesturing to the chair next to her own. Enchanted Hue took off her saddlebag, placed it on the ground, and climbed into the chair. Celestia levitated a doughnut on to Hue's plate and another onto hers. "Eat," she commanded, "you look starving." Hue hesitantly took a bite after nodding.

"I've been so nervous i couldn't eat this morning." she said, immediately regretting speaking without being told to. The princess, to Hue's surprise giggled.

"No need to be so nervous," she explained, taking a bite of her doughnut. "So," she said, wiping her muzzle with a napkin, "you want to learn magic?" Hue nodded. "Well, I can't turn you into a unicorn, I don't have the authority unless you do something extraordinary, beyond extraordinary, there's also a bit of destiny in it too." she said, winking at Hue. "But," she continued, "there is a place that can teach you magic." Hue looked at her confused. Celestia smiled. "Follow me, I'll explain on the way to the castle." she said getting up, but before leaving she placed her payment for the doughnuts on the counter, and proceeded to fill Joe's tip jar a quarter of the way with bits. His eyes widened.

"Thank you, Princess!" he exclaimed. She's such a great princess. Hue thought before climbing into the Princess's chariot alongside her. The elegant chariot was pulled into the sky by two pegasus royal guards, off towards the majestic Canterlot Castle

--------

"Hogwarts?" Enchanted Hue asked confused.

"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," the Princess corrected. "Classes start in a few weeks, and I know the right people to get you ready in that time. We'll have to work quickly though, there's a whole list of things you'll need."

"But, I don't understand, you said the school was in a castle more majestic than Canterlot's own, where is it located? And I've never even heard of a place where other ponies can learn magic,"

The Princess smiled. "You'll know soon enough. But, I do think we need to get on that supplies list..."