• Published 9th Feb 2016
  • 333 Views, 12 Comments

The Roses Curse - Angelic Wing



The smallest of things can possess great power and can make you learn from your past actions.....

  • ...
 12
 333

The Capture

I heard a loud bang coming from beyond my door. I flinched as I heard a scream. My mothers scream. I rushed out of bed and slammed open the door to my parents room. Their vanity had been flipped, a sign of a struggle happening. The whole room was a sign of a tussle. I saw something shine in the corner of my eye. I went over to see what it was, and nearly burst into tears. I, delicately, picked up the precious object. Mothers necklace that father gave her on their wedding night. The chain, broken, but the golden heart at the centre was unharmed. She would never take it off unless really needed. I looked at their window, wide open with the wind blowing hard on the panes. I, weakly, shut the window, holding my mothers most treasured object close to my heart.

I grew angry quickly and yelled in fury. I stomped out of the house and took off as fast as I could to Twilights. I tried to ignore my tears that were begging to lay claim to my eyes. But I couldn't. I let my tears run free, and they slowed me down a little. How could I have let this happen? They were my parents, I'm supposed to protect them if I can. If only I had gotten up as soon as I heard the noise, then I wouldn't be rushing to Twilight for help. I just hope she can forgive me for interrupting her sleep.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He heard panting and hurting groans coming from the entrance. He left his room and went to see what had happened. He looked at Firebird, with two of his guards with him, each one holding the two ponies he'd seen with the young mare. They had a few bruises on them but the elderly ponies were worse. The stallion had a few cuts and big bruises, while the mare had almost the same, but in smaller amounts. He looked annoyingly at Firebird.

"Firebird, did I not say two days ago that I wanted the mare? Not her parents?"

Firebird looked down, not brave enough to look his terrifying master in the eye.

"Well, my lord, you know I have been watching her for a few days, so when I saw how dear her parents were to her, I thought that if we lured her here to us with them, then it would be a little easier then dragging a screaming angry mare here"

Firebird remembered yesterday when he had watched the mare and her parents together. He had to hold back a laugh at the scene he saw....

Firebird sat in the tree, waiting for the mare to appear.

He soon saw the door open and he held his head up to see better. The mare stepped out, followed by her parents. She laughed and took off into the bushes. Her parents followed and laughed as they looked for her. Her father found her soon later, as she was laughing. He picked her up and she screamed playfully to put her down. He flew up and dropped her, giving her enough height to catch herself. She growled joyfully. Racing after her father, while her mother watched from the ground, laughing so hard she fell over. She soon joined in after her laughter slowed. She soon, along with her husband, caught the mare in between them. They tackled her to the ground, laughing as they did so. She soon was laying on the ground, both her parents on top of her, laughing like maniacs. She soon got up and hugged her parents lovingly.

Firebird had seen enough and, while they were hugging, he took off.

Firebird waited to be yelled at, when he heard a small chuckle from his lord.

"Very well done Firebird. Your right, it's better to lure her here and have two fairly quiet elderly ponies then have a screaming mare. Did any pony see you?"

Firebird let out a breath of relief.

"I made sure a few ponies saw which direction we went my lord. They did also see us carrying the mares parents, so hopefully they'll inform the mare"

His master nodded and went to leave before Firebird spoke up.

"My lord, where do you wish us to put her parents?"

He looked at Firebird, then his new prisoners.

"The east tower, where the jail cells are will be fine"

With that, he left, back to his dark chambers, leaving Firebird to care for the young mares parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angelic Wing, tiredly, knocked on Twilights door, hoping she would hear the weak sound of my hoof. She, thankfully did, and looked at me with tired eyes.

"Angelic Wing? What are you doing here this late?"

I sniffed and closed my hoof tightly against my mothers necklace. I collapsed, crying with all the tears I had left in me. Twilight, worriedly, picked me up and brought me into a large room, when I heard a familiar, but quiet voice question her.

"Oh dear, Twilight what happened to Angelic Wing?"

I whimpered at Fluttershy. I looked at her with all pain and sadness that were tearing at my heart. She gasped at my eyes, red and puffy from the tears. She helped Twilight hold me up, when I heard a large amount of gasps from around me. All of my friends were here. They started to ask questions franticly.

"What happened to yah, sugar cube?

"Darling, what's wrong?"

"Yeah, where's your smile, Angelic Wing?"

"Come on, you can tell us, we're friends"

I looked at them with a weak smile. Pinkie seemed to cheer up a bit at the smile, but I soon returned to my somber look. I let go of Twilight and Fluttershy and sat on the cold floor, with my head bent downwards. A single tear strained out of my eye. I choked out the words that caused me so much pain.

"My parents.... Gone...."

Fluttershy came foreward and hugged my neck, and I swiftly turned around and hugged her, staining her coat with my tortured tears. She patted my back, trying to calm me. I soon let go and smiled at her.

"Thank you, Fluttershy I needed that"

She nodded a slight smile on her face. Twilight put her hoof on my shoulder, looking really worried now.

"What do you mean your parents are gone? You don't mean...."

I stopped her, not wanting to think of that now.

"No, Twilight, I mean somepony took them....."

Rarity gasped and fainted on the spot. My eyes widened at this, and I looked to everypony else.

"Is that normal for you?"

Applejack rolled her eyes at the unconscious unicorn and nodded to me.

"Yep, pretty regular for Rarity"

I shook my head, and opened my hoof to look at the necklace. I whimpered once again, causing them to look at me again.

"What's that?"

I looked at them and showed them the golden trinket.

"It's my mothers, I found it in their room after I heard whoever took them in there."

I closed it in my hoof again and pressed it to my chest. I closed my eyes and remembered yesterday, when we had had so much fun. I smiled. I soon grew angrier then before because of them being gone. I stood up and fixed the chain on my neck. I looked at all of them and walked to the doors.

"Will you all help me find them?"

They nodded, and I turned to leave, when Fluttershy intervened.

"Maybe I should.... get Discord to help us?"

I raised an eyebrow at her. Seeing her look at me, all pleadingly and innocently, I relented.

"Any pony who is willing to help would be great, thank you. Now I want you to split into groups: Applejack and Pinkie, I want you to look around town, see if they're anywhere in ally's or something."

They both nodded and headed out quickly.

"Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow I need you look on the edge of the Everfree Forest, see if they hid close by to my home."

They got Rarity up and Rainbow and her headed outside to wait for Twilight, who we needed to summon Discord.

"Fluttershy, I'm guessing you'll be going with Discord so I would like you to search the air with him, if that's ok?"

Fluttershy looked a little frightened but nodded and turned to Twilight. She nodded and used the spell she was taught to summon the Lord of Chaos. He was in a nightgown and a night cap, with a teddy in his claw.

"Now why would you pesky ponies summon me in the middle of the night?"

Fluttershy walked over to him and smiled.

"Hello Discord, I'm sorry we woke you up, but we urgently need you to help us"

His eyes lit up at Fluttershy and I smirked knowingly.

"Anything for you, Fluttershy. What is it you need?"

I walked in front of Fluttershy, and stood straight up in front of Discord.

"Somepony has taken my parents, and I need your help finding them. You'll be going with Fluttershy, to search the skies."

He looked at me, boredom etched on his face. He yawned for effect.

"On second thought, maybe I'll go back to bed..."

My fury burst out of its cage. My eyes turned a fiery orange instead if their usual gold. I grit my teeth and growled. Fluttershy saw it and tried to stop me, but my rage refused to leave me.

"WELL I'M SO SORRY THAT MY PARENTS AREN'T WORTHY OF YOUR ATTENTION, OH LORD OF CHAOS!!! Instead of thinking that you should disregard everypony, leave them to their fate, why don't you care for somepony else's needs ahead of your own!"

He shrunk a bit at my eyes, glowing with all the rage that I had tried for years to keep inside. I sighed and stomped out.

"If you don't want to help, then leave. I'll be searching the skies over the Everfree, so if you decide to help, scope the skies over Ponyville..."

I slammed the door, leaving a shocked Twilight and Fluttershy, plus a slightly scared Discord to look where I had left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He looked through the bars to see the two ponies still unconscious. He groaned in annoyance.

"How long does it take for two ponies to wake up after being knocked out?"

He turned away when he heard a groan coming from the cell. Soon he heard a voice, deep and pained, most likely the stallion.

"Melody? Melody! Are you alright?

His ears picked up a faint whisper, from the mare most likely.

"I'm fine, love.... Just a few bruises.....Where... Where are we?"

Before the stallion could answer, he stepped up to the prison cell.

"Your in my domain."

They both jumped at his voice, then the stallion got up, standing in front of his wife.

"Who are you and why are we here?"

He smiled, amused at the stallions confused and angry features.

"Your only here because you possess something I want.... Or rather somepony"

His eyes widened as his brow furrowed and his jaw set in an angry line.

"If you ever try to touch my daughter, you will regret it!"

He smirked evilly at the stallions empty threat.

"I wouldn't dream of touching your daughter..... Not yet anyway"

The stallion grinded his teeth, when his wife suddenly spoke.

"Then what do you need us for if all you want is my little filly?"

He had to hold back a laugh at her calling the mare "my little filly". They both hadn't seen his face yet, other then his frightening, pearly white teeth. And as he drew closer to the bars, the mare seemed to shrink a little.

"You both are merely bait, meant to bring your daughter here.... To be mine!"

She paled at this and hid her face in her hooves, silently crying. Her husband came over and hugged her tightly, glaring at the creature before him. He backed away from the bars.

"You should be at least happy.... She will soon be a queen.... My queen....."

The stallion glared harder at the creature.

"Not even with Angelic Wings gentle soul, would she consent to be your wife or queen!"

"Black Flame.... Don't anger him.... I don't want you hurt...."

He turned back to his wife, looking more gentle and concerned, then angry. He turned away from the scene of affection and left to his chambers once more. The thing the stallion, Black Flame, said came back to him.

"Not even with Angelic Wings gentle soul, would she consent to be your wife or queen!"

He growled at the voice that spoke in his head.

"No.... She will be mine.... Whether she be willing or not.... She will be my wife and queen...."

With that he left down the stairway, faintly hearing sobs and gentle reassurances from the cell behind him.....

Author's Note:

Sorry this took longer then expected :applejackunsure: I've been kind of absent minded lately and haven't been into writing the rest of this chapter, but it's done now so hope you enjoy it! :yay: