• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 915 Views, 7 Comments

The Last Dreamer - Mlpfimguy



Have you ever felt like life is a dream? Well, what if it is?

  • ...
5
 7
 915

Dreamer's Vision

Chapter 3

Dreamer's Vision


It was another nice day in Ponyville. Maybe not as great as yesterday thanks to the many clouds, but it was still nice. I got out of bed, then made it. At that moment, I had two big issues on my mind; The first being that I was hungry, and the second being that I felt like I was forgetting something important.

My stomach was yelling at me, so I made my way down the stairs. I entered my kitchen that should have been cleaned a few weeks ago, trotted up to the fridge and opened it. Right then, I quickly remembered what the important thing that I forgotten about was.

Right in front of my eyes, there was a great invention called 'fridge', inside the said fridge, there was absolutely nothing apart from broken bread slices and leftover soup. By ‘leftover soup’ I mean so old that it most likely had mold growing on its beard. There was no doubt about it in my mind at this point, I needed to go shopping. I would have tried to delay it again, but the truth was that I had already done that enough as it was.

Okay, so this was my plan:
1. Run to the store.
2. Find some crap.
3. Convince myself not to end my life because of how boring and awful this is.
4. Run back home, sit down, get drunk and never speak about this again.
5. (Optional) End my life.

Simple right? Of course it was. Not only that, but it was foolproof. Of course, as good as my luck was recently, I opened the door and realized that my plan was not quite as ‘foolproof’ as I though.

“Ey! Hao’s it goin’, a?”

I’ll give you three seconds to guess who that was. If you answered anything else than ‘Lightning’ or ‘I don’t like when the author makes me participate in stories', then that’s pretty sad.

“How long have you been at my door?” I asked.

“Oh, you no. Not long. Eheheheh.” he replied.

“Ah.” I rolled my eyes and started to make my way to the store.

“Where ‘ya going anywai?” He ran up to catch up to me.

“The store” I sighed.

“Gai.” He said. “Why y’goin’ there?”

“I'm out of food and I'm hungry.” I replied.

“I'm hungry too. Maibe I kan help u with dat?” He winks at me.

“Okay, go away now Lightning.” I said hoarsely.

“Why not, eigh?” He looked at me confused. “Ther-sa restaurant right dare?”

“Oh... uh, sure why not, I can spare a bit of time.” I laughed nervously.

So we went to this small restaurant. It did not look like anything too special, although he told me that the food tasted amazing. With him, who knows what that could have meant. Nevertheless, it was a kind act for him to offer to treat me to breakfast after telling him that I was hungry. But one must wonder why.

“So, what brought this on?” I asked.

“I dunno.”

“Oh, okay then.” I said still curious.

The waitress came to our table.

“Hillo! May I take your orders, or do you need a few minutes?”

“I still need a moment.” I replied.

“Hey Elegance, can we say we are new couples.” he whispered to me.

No.

“Aww, I want-ed 2 get the couple’s discount.” He said a bit disappointed.

“Oh, wait? Discounts? In that case, I don’t mind. Just this time though."

A few minutes later, the same waitress came back.

“Are you ready for your orders?” asked the waitress.

“Myes, Iy’d like le 2 egg, 3 sausage with sides of toasts, burnt toast and home cut fried potato slices.” He ordered.

“What the hay, Lightning! You eat meat?! I'm pretty sure I just heard you ask for three sausages!

“R’lax dood, they never serve you REAL meat here, its actually chemically processed things with artificial meat flavouring.” He said, trying to sound intelligent.

“Oh, joy...” I rolled my eyes at him. “I'll just have a salad with hay fries, please.” Lightning gave me an expectant look. “Oh... and can we get the couple’s discount?”

“Oh boy! A new couple in town, how cute!” The waitress yelled. “That’s fine. I'll be right back!”

The waitress ran at a very fast pace towards the kitchen. I thought about the worst that might have came out of this mistake.

“Ow!” suddenly yelled Lightning.

“I didn't even hit you this time.”

“its not thate.” He replied. “My headache is just acting up again. I’ll b right back k?”

Lightning then started running towards the men’s room. After a few minutes, Lightning came back to the table and sat down.

“Feeling better?” I asked him.

“Ya. I just threw a bit of water in my face. Feelin’ a bit better.”

“Good, that’s good to hear.”

“Go! Go! Go!” I heard behind me. Suddenly, a bunch of ponies came to us and surrounded our table.

“Bonjour, madame et monsieur. Dis iz juste a piese I like tu call ‘Ze couple's songe’”

This weird french pony started to play the violin that he was carrying, then another pony joined him to help harmonize the music. I gave Lightning a ‘You’re dead after this’ glare.



This is a song, yes it is, and I know that it will suit you
just looking, makes it obvious that everything’s just perfect between you two
Everyday and every night
Everything will be all ri-hiiight!
TONIGHT! I will love YOU with all my MIGHT!

Yes it’s true! (Being with you!)
You make me better when I’m (aaaAAAll blue!)
Yes, it’s true, I mean it!
Even though before I never seen it!
I just want to be with YOOOOOOOOU~!


The music started to die down a bit.

“Well then...” I said. “At least it’s ov-”

Drums start to play and by this time, I'm pretty sure the whole restaurant was singing with them.


OOOOOH! IT’S TRUE!! (Being with you!)
You always make me better when I’m (AAWAHAALL BLUUUE!)
Yes it’s it true, I mean it!
Even though you used to not believe it!
IIII Just waaaaant.......... TO BE WITH YOOOOOOOUUU!


Then the room’s focus was on us, and everyone started clapping at ‘us’ as the musicians made their way back.

“Oops” Lightning chuckled. “ I'm dead now, right?”

“Not yet, but believe me, it won’t be an easy death.”

“Hillo!! How was that? Not too embarrassing? Of course, it wasn't, what am I saying?” The waitress put down two plates with our meals, except now they were triple the size we ordered.”Here’s your meal, enjoy!” She gingerly skipped away.

“Heh, at least I was right about the food.” Said Lightning.

“Shush you.”

We tried our best to eat as much as we could to not seem rude. After we ate, the waitress came to our table with her usual happy smile.

“Hillo! Are you guys about ready to head off?” She asked.

“Yeah, we should get going now.” Lightning said.

“Okay, here’s your bill. Oh and just to give you a head start, Pinkie Pie’s on her way here now. She said she was going to throw the ‘biggest, best-est and all around best couple’s party ever’.”

“Oh no! Lightning, we need to get out of here NOW before Pinkie Pie announces us a couple to the whole town!” I said quickly.

“I know! I know! Let me just get my cash!”

“Hurry!”

“Here! Just take it, keep the change!” Lightning yelled.

“Take the back door and good luck starting your relationship!” The waitress yelled.

The waitress looked at the amount that Lightning had given her and gasped.

“Wow! If only everyone was as kind with tips!

After we ate, me and Lightning made our way to the store. Believe it or not, he actually came with me. Afterwards, he accompanied me back to my house and helped me put my food up and remove the bad soup (Baaad soup). I had to go do a few more errands, of course, before the day came to an end, so I had to ask Lightning to leave.

“Well Lightning, this was fun, thank you for joining me today.” I said.

“Yeah, it was pretty fun. I hope we can do it again sometime.” He replied.

“Oh, yes. Well, I'm off to the library, and I haven’t forgotten about breakfast, expect for me to get you back for that incident.”

Lightning nodded and started walking away, then he turned back to me.

“By the way, I noticed this morning that you were not looking too well.” He walked closer to me.

“Oh, that was probably because of the lack of food in my stomach.” I replied.

“I doubt it... It’s not only today, but recently you've been acting different.” He paused for a second. “Are you ashamed of Strawberry, or me?”

“No! Not at all!” I said, shocked that he would even suggest such a thing.

“Then what is it?” He asked.

“It’s just these dreams okay? I don’t want to talk about it just yet.”

“You don’t trust us do you? Your friends, that is?”

“No, it's not that! I'm just not read-”

“Then why hide it from us?” He asked more urgently.

“I’ll tell you, just not now, okay?”

“All right, come talk to us any time when you are ready.” Then he turned and walked away quickly.

I was confused as to why Lightning had done that. Lightning had been so kind to me all these years, and then he was acting all worried about something. I mean, sure, these dreams, they were all very weird, but that does not mean that he had to get worked up about it.

I made my way over to Twilight’s library, I then had idea that I would ask Twilight about these dreams. Seconds after knocking on the door, Twilight opened it.

“Oh, hello there Elegance. Have you come to return your book?” Twilight asked.

“And get a new one. However, there is something I need to ask you.”

“Oh? All right, come on in and take a seat anywhere.”

I walked into Twilight’s tree home and made my way to her couch. I took a seat and waited.

“You don't need to knock on the door during weekdays, by the way. It is a public library after all. So, what did you want to ask me?” Twilight asked me.

“Well, you see; I've been having these crazy dreams.” I started.

“Dreams?”

“That’s right.”

“Okay, and what happens in these dreams?” She looked at me with interest.

“It’s always the same place, continuing where I left off the night before.” I took a second to think. “It’s interesting; I'm always in this... horrible hospital. And there is this doctor who always treats me badly, threatens me and whatnot. I don't really know his name.

“Hold on, hold on. You said he was a doctor?” She looked at me with a shocked expression.

“Yeah, but in my dreams. I don't know the guy in real life.”

“Okay.”

“I apparently have this sort of cancer in the dream that grows when I'm asleep or something like that.”

“So you want me to stop you from dreaming?”

“It’s... more than that... When I wake up in the morning I am exhausted and feel like I've been awake all night. What’s stranger is that these dreams feel like an actual memory. Except a memory that I cannot remember much about.”

“That really is interesting. I've never heard of any condition like that. Dreams don't usually keep going from where they left off, nor is it normal to feel exhausted after waking up. I'm not too sure that it's something to worry about, but I'll see what I can do.” She took a pause and looked around the room. “Tell you what, I will do as much research on the subject as I can, I will be going entirely off of what you told me. Is there anything else you would like to add real quick?” She asked.

“Nothing that I can remember.” I replied.

“Right, I need to do some work on the subject before tomorrow. Come around at 10:00 and I'll tell you the results of what I have found. Until then, just try to relax and not to stress out too much about this, that could end up making the dreams much worse.”

“Thank you Twilight, and good luck!”

“You seem like you'll need it more, Elegance.”

It felt good to know that somepony might finally be able to help me out with this weird problem that I've been having. If there was anyone in town who can find the solution to this problem, it would have been her. Right then, I was focusing on the last few words that Twilight had said. I thought that Twilight had a good point, and that it was not a really good idea to stress out too much about the situation.

Suddenly, while I was walking, somepony hit me hard on the side, pushing me to the ground and making me slide a few feet. I got up and looked at my side that scraped the ground. It did not seem like much harm was done.

I looked around to find the source of my pain. To my surprise, I found the same light blue mare with a rainbow mane that rode with me and Lightning on the Desert Screamer. She seemed to be equally shocked from the impact. After a few moments, she got up and turned to me.

“I didn't mean to hit you! You're okay, right?”

“Yeah, I'm fine. What were you doing flying around that fast anyway?” I asked her.

“Uh, duh? Flying slow is boring! I almost pulled off my new whirlaway stunt, that is until I crashed."

“Good point, but you should be more careful; you could actually get someone hurt!” I warned her.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll be more careful next time, blah, blah. Now where are you off to?”

“I'm looking to have some fun to ease my mind for a little while.” I replied to her.

“What kind of fun?”

“Real fun. The kind that will really calm me down.”

“Awesome! In that case, you can come to Sweet Apple Acres and also meet my friend Applejack. We were just going to have a drinking contest!” She explained. “Can you believe that she thinks that she can handle more than me without throwing up or passing out?”

“Bah! She’s crazy! I bet that even I can beat her!”

“Oh! Now you HAVE to prove it to me. If you do beat her or better yet, me, I’ll be impressed. Let’s go!”

I thought that this was going to be a pretty good way to cool down and forget about the day. I have drank alcohol before, but never had I gotten myself into an actual drinking contest and the way Lighting had described his experience with that yesterday made it sound like even more fun.

We arrived at Sweet Apple Acres, and we went to the back of Applejack’s barn where a whole table flooded with drinks were sitting. My body was telling me no, but my head was telling me to go for it. So After we went to the back, Rainbow Dash quickly introduced me to her.

“She says that she could easily kick your ass at this!” She told her.

“Aw yea? Is that so? Well, y’all better be ready ‘cuz I ain't about to lose this one!”

“We'll see about that!” Rainbow Dash said.

“Since y’all are the guest, ya can count us down!”

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

“Three, two, one...” I started.

Applejack had adjusted her hat, she looked serious about this. Rainbow Dash’s hoof was very close to her first mug.

“Go!” I yelled and quickly grabbed my own mug.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash were going pretty quickly with their drinks. I was going at a much slower speed, and Rainbow Dash seemed to notice this.

“I am disappointed Elegance. I thought you were good at this?” Rainbow Dash stated.

“Oh, I'm not done yet!”

I quickly gulped down the rest of the mug and grabbed another one, drinking it quickly and trying to at least stay even with them. With every glass, I was starting to feel more of the effects. I most certainly was not drunk at this point, but I was still feeling it pretty good.

Time went on, and I was doing things that I was going to regret the next morning, but I wanted to prove myself.

“Aww yeah! Another mug! I can hardly feel it, and my prununciation is perfect still!” I yelled into the air.

“Haha, you ccant even handle another mug! Aple-jaqu come to my playce after, I gots so many thing plan.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Hahaha, gud won sugahcube, i cain’t fly remember?”

Much of the night was a blur from that part on. I do remember a few parts after that though, like how Applejack wanted to be a model and Rainbow Dash started singing about how she hates green ponies. I seem to recall in surprising great detail how we started to show each other how cool we were... with our fists. Then I remember that I was too drunk to get home on my own, but me (being as cool as I was) accepted help from nopony. The last thing I remember about that night, was me blurting something out about dust and then my vision turning white and fuzzy as I fell to my side on the ground.

End of chapter

3