• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 285 Views, 0 Comments

Crusade - viclouiis



Funny how a few small actions can make all the difference. Say, a villain realizing the values of teamwork, one on the path to destruction making a recovery, or a certain cyan pegasus not performing a Sonic Rainboom. I wonder what could change?

  • ...
 0
 285

Chapter Four: Sweetie Belle

I never really fit in... Anywhere. Not at home, not at school, nowhere. Actually, that's a lie. I was really happy once. I had friends, a loving family, everything a filly could ask for. Then Rarity went missing. After that, I just... Shut myself off from the rest of the world.

That was four years ago, back when I lived in Manehattan. A few months after Rarity disappeared, my parents decided that it would be best for us to get a fresh start in a new town. That's when we moved to Ponyville. That's where I met the charming Miss Cheerilee.

Something's up with that mare. You don't just get to be that way without something happening, at least I think so. I mean, extra homework should be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

After Apple Bloom left that day, we only had about a half an hour left of school. I was doing Miss Cheerilee's stupid worksheet with stupid math on it that I'd never use again in my life. Diamond and Silver were laughing at me, their eyes digging into the back of my head like lasers. I didn't really care though. Only sort of.

A few minutes later, we heard a loud boom. Several of us tried to get up to investigate, but Miss Cheerilee called us back to our seats.

"It's nothing, class. Some pegasus crashed into a cloud," She said. Spoiler alert! It wasn't a pegasus.

Next we heard buzzing. I looked to Miss Cheerilee, who actually seemed a bit worried.

"Miss Cheerilee? Can we go outside? I think something's going on," I said.

"Sweetie Belle, stop talking back. Do your math," She growled.

I did as I was told. I don't pointedly break rules. Only ones that get in the way of my safety. I was about to disregard what she said, but Scootaloo did it first.

"Run!" She yelled, jumping out of her seat by the window, and pulling Pipsqueak along with her. I was already on high alert, and made it to the door before the pushing and shoving began. The three of us who were already out of school didn't waste any time in getting away, though. All around us, these giant... Bug ponies with holes in them were heading directly for Ponyville, and quite a few were heading for the school.

"The Everfree!" Scootaloo yelled, and none of us thought of how crazy of an idea it was to actually go into the Everfree. Scootaloo, Pip and I bolted for the forest.


"This was a stupid idea," I grumbled, trudging through the Everfree, muddy and alone. Pip and Scootaloo had split, saying that they were heading back to town to find their friends. I had no friends to find, so I kept going. So much for that. I was thoroughly lost. Just as I was about to fall to the ground and accept defeat, I heard a soft voice coming from behind me.

"Are- Are you alright?".

"I'm lost," I turned around and saw a young, butter yellow pegasus mare standing in a clearing.

"Oh, um... I could take you to my cottage. Just... for the night. You don't want to be alone at night," She said.

"Wait, you... live here? In the Everfree?" I asked.

"Yes... a few of us do. It's peaceful, and away from society," She said.

"Oh. That sounds pretty nice to me," I said.

"Yeah, it is. Um... if you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" The mare asked.

"Sweetie Belle," I said.

"That's a nice name. I'm Fluttershy," Fluttershy said.

"Nice to meet you, Fluttershy," I smiled.

"Likewise. So, what brings you into the Everfree? It's not that I mind, just, um, not many people come into the Everfree," Fluttershy said.

"Oh! You don't know! These big... bug pony things attacked Ponyville, and I ran away," I said.

"Did... Did they have holes in them?" Fluttershy asked, looking nervous.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"I-I think that those were changelings,". Fluttershy noticed my blank stare, and continued, "They can transform into any pony they want, and feed off of love. I think that it's okay for them to eat, because they need it to stay alive, but they don't need to be so mean,".

"Yeah," I said.

"So, here's my cottage," She said, gesturing to a tree with a large door in its' trunk.

"It looks nice," I said.

"I hope it is," She said, leading me inside.


Fluttershy was a wonderful host. She brewed me tea, cooked me a small dinner, and gave me the guest bedroom. When I woke up the next day, breakfast was freshly cooked and on the table, and it was delicious.

"Wow, Fluttershy. Thank you so much for... Everything," I said.

"It's not a problem, Sweetie. But now what?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm... not sure," I admitted.

"You could stay in the Everfree for a while. Some of the ponies here have spare furniture, and there's a nice little burrow underground that you could use..." Fluttershy said.

"I'd like that," I said.

"Well, a few ponies live near Zecora, the resident zebra and potion maker," Fluttershy said.

"Alright, that sounds amazing. Thank you so much, Fluttershy," I smiled.

"I-It's really no problem, Sweetie. Now, um, Lemon Drop and Clear Skies have a few extra chairs and tables. We should see them first," Fluttershy said. We walked for a while, until we reached another tree with a door in the trunk, only this one had a cloud attached up higher. Fluttershy knocked on the door, and a unicorn mare answered.

"Hello, Fluttershy! Can I help you?" She asked.

"Um, yes. Do you have any extra furniture lying around?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes, we do! A few chairs and a table. We can get them delivered by the end of the day. And I know a place I can get a stove. See you, Flutters!" The mare smiled and closed the door.

"She was nice," I said.

"Lemon Drop is good company. Now, I have a bed for you at my house, all we need are some sheets and blankets and all of that. I know just the pony to ask," Fluttershy smiled.


We were standing in front of another tree, but this one was decorated heavily with jewels. I liked it. The jewels sparkled and shimmered and glimmered in the light. Fluttershy knocked on the door, and a moment later, a mare opened the door.

"Hello, Fluttershy!" She said, smiling. I was speechless. My mouth was moving, but no sound was coming out.

"Good morning, Rarity! This filly, Sweetie Belle, needs some sheets for her bed," Fluttershy smiled. Rarity's face changed into one of shock.

"Sweetie Belle?" She asked.