• Published 2nd Dec 2015
  • 365 Views, 3 Comments

The Trials Of the Elements - Kirbysnumber1



John was just a normal guy. Well I guess if you called liking a show originally meant for little girls normal he was. And his life was normal, that is until the same characters from the show comes and says they are going to take 1 person to Equestria

  • ...
3
 3
 365

3. The Explanation

John suddenly remembered everything that had happened in the past day, from walking down the path to the park to running into the mane six and talking to them. Then Celestia used what he now assumed was a memory spell that erased his memory.

'I'm sure we'll meet again.'

That was the last thing Celestia said before erasing his memory, but how did she know that they would meet again?

John heard multiple whispers as more and more people started gathering to see what was going on.

"What's going on? What are those things?"

"Oh my god! I must be dreaming...OW!!! What was that for!?

"You acknowledge pain, therefore you aren't dreaming. So this is one hundred percent real."

John couldn't help but chuckle as the two men had started to quietly argue, it reminded him of Twilight whenever she was in a scientific moment.

"WELCOME FILLIES AND!! er I mean... Welcome ladies and gentlemen!"

Speak of the devil.

John looked up to where the voice was coming from and wasn't surprised to see the lavender unicorn standing in front of the others, in front of a microphone. Her face was slightly red after messing up the greeting and he could see Rainbow behind her stifling a laugh.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle, I am a unicorn from a land called Equestria." She took out some notecards and flipped through them, then looked back up to the audience. "Me and my friends have come to your planet of...Earth, to learn more about your species."

Everyone in the audience that wasn't confused before was definitely confused now, of course there were still people that were just extremely excited by the multicolored ponies talking to them.

"But... as we learned about your world, there are a lot of you that simply cannot be trusted, you see...It seems to us that your world is plagued by violence and greed. So we can’t trust you to come to our world." Twilight said to the huge audience in front of her.

Hearing this hurt John, and a lot of people in the crowd, he had never done anything violent in his life, I mean yeah he thought about doing violent things every once and awhile but he never did any of it. He never liked Earth's habit of using violence to solve answers. So assuming all humans were bad was just plain bad judgment.

"But, we have found a way to trust one of you so that we can bring you to Equestria." Twilight said with a reassuring smile.

John was surprised with what Twilight had just said, 'A way to go to Equestria!? That can really happen, I thought all those Fanfictions were fake.' He thought to himself.

The whispers around got noticeably louder. From surprises that a new world exists, too more people not believing that this was happening which lead to more pinching and arguing.

“However before I reveal how we are going to trust one of you.” Twilight said once the crowd started to quiet down. “I’d like to introduce me and my friends, officially starting with me. My name is Twilight Sparkle, I am a unicorn from the land of Equestria and I am the student of Princess Celestia and I represent the Element of Magic.”

Twilight turned around to face the five multicolored ponies behind her. “Now who would like to go ne-.”Twilight was interrupted when Pinkie Pie suddenly jumped out of her mane.

John decided it would be best to cover his ears, as did many others in the audience

“OOH!! ME!! I WANNA GO NEXT!!” Pinkie yelled right into the microphone making everyone in the people who didn’t cover their ears go near deaf.

“My name is Pinkie Pie, I live and work in Sugarcube corner, which is a bakery with Mr and Mrs.Cake, and the two CUTEST FOALS IN THE WORLD Pound and Pumpkin. Also I represent the element of laughter.”

John was surprised with how little Pinkie said, but he decided that it was a miracle that she didn't say much and didn't question, afraid that she would somehow read his mind and keep talking.

"Alright...thank you Pinkie." Twilight said, clearly still shaken as the pink mare retracted back into her mane and disappeared, later appearing behind her somehow. "Now, who's next?"

Applejack walked up to Twilight. "Ah'll go next sugarcube."

"Okay Applejack, go right ahead." Twilight signaled to the microphone with her hoof.

Applejack trotted up to the microphone "Howdy y'all, mah name is Applejack. In Equestria Ah live an' work on Sweet Apple Acres, where we buck apples to help feed Ponyville. Ah love mah family more than anything else, an' Ah represent the element of honesty.

As Applejack walked back to the group, Twilight also turned around, she was about to ask who would go next, when she realized a certain rainbow maned pegasus was missing.

Twilight sighed "Where's Rainbow?"

Rarity rolled her eyes and then pointed up towards the sky with her hoof.

Rainbow suddenly flew straight towards the ground, and stopped right before colliding with the hard surface.

"You called Twilight?" Rainbow said to the unamused looking unicorn.

"Yes Rainbow, would you like to introduce yourself next?" Twilight said to Rainbow.

"Ummmm OF COURSE I wanna introduce myself next, why wouldn't I want to introduce them to my awesomeness." Rainbow said pointing her hoof to herself.

Rainbow flew up to the microphone, threw it up, and grabbed it in her hoof.

" My name is Rainbow Dash, the fastest, coolest, most awesome pegasus ever!! I live in a cloud house just outside Ponyville. My dream is to be a member of the Wonderbolts, the best flying team in all of Equestria!" She said emphasizing select points with her hooves.

"Oh yeah, I also represent the element of loyalty. The best element there is." She added in.

As Rainbow walked back into the group, Twilight turned to face them.

"Alright, who would like to introduce themselves next?" Twilight asked with an asking smile.

"I think I would like to introduce myself next darling." Rarity said, eyes gleaming.

Twilight smiled. "Okay Rarity, go right ahead."

Rarity Walked gracefully up to the microphone.

"Hello darlings, my name is Rarity, first thing about me is that I am a fashion designer at my very own Carousel Boutique. Where I make fabulous clothes for all of Ponyville, and one day... for ALL OF EQUESTRIA!!!"

The crowd looked at Rarity as she pointed to the sky with her hoof.

"Also my element of harmony is generousity." She added in with a smile.

Twilight turned around with a smile. "Alright, now all thats left is Fluttersh-" She looked around in confusion, the butter colored pegasus was not on the stage.

Rainbow rolled her eyes and pointed over to the curtain behind them, where there was a light pink tail coming out from under them.

"Fluttershy, its time to introduce yourself." Twilight said to the trembling pegasus.

"Oh.. well, its just.. there are so many poni- people, out there, and I don't think I can, do it." She said meekly.

Applejack trotted up with a smile. "Aw don't be silly sugarcube, all ya have to do is go up to th' microphone an' say yer name, tell them what ya do in Ponyville, an' what yer element is. It'll be easy." The orange country mare said.

"Yeah Fluttershy." Pinkie chimed in. "Just go up there, we'll be right next to you to help."

Fluttershy peered around her friends at the big audience behind them. She took a deep breath. "Okay I'll try."

The five mares beamed as Fluttershy trotted up to the microphone with a determined look on her face, as she got up to the mic her face of determination slowly dropped to more of a timid look.

"Uh, Fluttershy?" Twilight said to the creamy colored pegasus. "Are you okay?" She asked the now slightly trembling pegasus.

Fluttershy looked as if she was going to pass out at any second. "It's just that..they're all staring at me." She said meekly.

"Uum yeah, what else would they be doing? Your standing at the mic about to introduce yourself." Rainbow said.

Fluttershy looked back at the rainbow pegasus. "Y-yeah but-"

"THIS IS FLUTTERSHY!!!" Pinkie suddenly yelled out of nowhere.

Everyone in the audience, including John, screamed in agony as they could no longer hear anything briefly, due to the sudden high pitched scream that was Pinkies voice.

"Pinkie! What in the hay did ya do that fer!?" Applejack yelled after the ringing in her ears stopped.

"The introductions were taking too long and thew writer felt like it was taking too long, and the reader was getting tired of it." She said with a smile.

Everyone, including the audience and the girls, looked at Pinkie Pie as if she had said that she was a pegasus.

"Uuummm, what are you talking about Pinkie?" Rainbow asked.

"You know, the readers!! The ones reading this right now, and the writer. The right writing everything we're saying right now." She said smiling

"....Best not to question it, probably just Pinkie being Pinkie." Rainbow whispered to the other four.

"agreed" the rest of the girls whispered among themselves.

"Now." Twilight said as she looked up to the crowd, who were just as confused as Twilight and her friends at Pinkies outburst about readers and writers and whatnot. "Lets get back to the introductions."

Fluttershy started to slightly tremble again, but Twilight looked back at her with a reassuring smile. "Don't worry." she whispered. "If you can't do it, then I can just introduce you."

Fluttershy smiled at this. "Thank you Twilight. I'll try my best."

Fluttershy walked back up to the microphone, looked out into the crowd, and said in a confident voice. "Hello everyone, my name is Fluttershy, I just love taking care of animals back home. I hope you all have a good time at the event we've hosted for you...um... if you want to that is." The last part being said barely audible.

All the five mares behind Fluttershy could do was watch mouths agape and their eyes wide as she introduced herself with no hesitation at all, even the people in the audience, including John, who knew who she was and knew about how shy she was couldn't believe that she introduced herself so easily.

Fluttershy trotted back over to the other five mares, who were still looking at her in disbelief. But once she got to them, her legs started to slightly tremble again. "Was that okay?" She asked her friends.

There were several whispers coming from the six of them, all of them either exclaiming their amazement, or asking if they were with the real Fluttershy.

After they finished whispering, they noticed the crowd becoming restless. Twilight walked up to the mic and held it with her magic. "Fluttershy has forgotten to mention that she wields the element of kindness, but this was a big moment for her so I think we can let it slide."

"I should mention that Equestrias ruler, Princess Celestia could not be here at the actual event because she's preoccupied with ruling Equestria."

'That seems fair.' John thought to himself, after all, who was he to question how the ruler of a country did things.

But she will be appearing at the end of the event to congratulate the winner and to give them their prize." Twilight said

John was surprised by what Twilight had said. 'Prize? What prize?'

"Anyways, now that the introductions are over. It's time to reveal what this event will be about." She raised her hoof to a banner above the stage, as she did the paper covering what it said disappeared in a flash of light, confusing most audience members.

"Welcome! to The trails of the elements!!" The entire audience looked at the talking unicorn in utmost confusion, which Twilight didn't seem to notice as she continued with her speech. "This event will mark great importance, not only to human history, but to equestrian history as well. As during this event, you will all be tested in six trials to show that you are trustworthy to..." She paused for what John could only assume was for dramatic effect, and it was working. His heart was pounding wondering what this would be for.

"...Come to Equestria!!"

'Wait...what?' Was the only thought John had when Twilight had finished. Go to Equestria? Of course he had always wanted to go live there, every brony he had asked answered the same thing, 'If I were given the opportunity, I was say yes in a heartbeat.' But he never expected that to actually happen, and if it ever did, he certainly never expected it to happen while he was alive. It was an understatement to say he was thrilled, he was finally given a chance to go to a truly perfect world. But at the same time, he was nervous, would he be able to come back to this world? How would he explain this to his friends, or his family in that case.

'I'll see if I can ask about that if I get the chance.' He thought to himself.

Twilight started to speak again, so John looked back up at the stage.

"Now, let me explain how the trails will work."

As she said this, she looked at Pinkie and nodded, Pinkie responded by jumping up and pulling down a screen seemingly out of nowhere, Twilight then shot a beam out of here horn towards the screen, and an image appeared, acting like a projector.

"These challenges have been set up to test you all in varying degrees of friendship, to determine which one of you will be trustworthy enough to bring to Equestria."

Twilight pointed to her friends with her hoof.

"Each one of us will give you a challenge that will test how much you represent the element, if you can pass all the tests. Then you will be allowed into Equestria. But, in order to make sure no one unwanted gets in, only one of you will be allowed into Equestria..."

'Okay, so only one person can go to Equestria.' John thought to himself. 'But will I be allowed to go back?'

Then, as if Twilight had read Johns mind, she looked up and, with a serious face said.

"It's also important to mention that once you go to Equestria, you will not be able to come back."

Author's Note:

God, I FINALLY finished the chapter. I got really distracted with either school, or just me being lazy. (get it together me)
Anyway, hope you enjoy the new chapter. I'm going to try to give myself deadlines to finish these so, hopefully that will help this go faster :pinkiehappy: