• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 274 Views, 3 Comments

Voices from a Terrible Past (an epistolary tale) - HeavyMetalKnight



Ponies of the past write letters to ponies in the terrible future.

  • ...
 3
 274

(From Rainbow Dash, to all my friends) Blaze's Progress

To all my friends,


I know I haven't heard back from you guys, but I thought I'd write anyway.

So far, Blaze has been making a smooth recovery... but there's a problem. I still can't come home yet. Here's the reason why: The Wonderbolts have been scheduled to perform another show, this time in Manehatten. It's gonna be another while before I'll ever get to come home. I'm very sorry! I want to be there for you guys, really I do, but Spitfire still needs me for this!

Even though Blaze's wing is getting better, they still need me to perform shows... for some reason. I don't know, they never explained anything to me. I wish they did though! Cuz if they did, then I could tell you guys. There's something going on that they're not telling me, and I want to know why.

But, enough about that. I've been hanging out with The Wonderbolts some more, as well as some other ponies I don't know. Those ponies wore mostly green uniforms and hats, which could mean they're from some branch of military. As for what, I don't know.

Remember what I said about The Wonderbolts making cool new suits? Turns out, they're made for more than just flying... they're also for combat apparently. I don't remember much, but I saw Spitfire and a few other Wonderbolts talking with the ponies in green uniforms next to one of the suits. As for that thing I wasn't supposed to tell you... I'm admittedly a little nervous about writing out the details; I wouldn't want them to find out.

Also, Princess Celestia came by the HQ earlier! Normally I'd be excited... but not this time. I overheard her talking to Spitfire about a forbidden spell. Other than that, I can't really remember.

Is Tank getting fed (asking you, Fluttershy)? Are you paying any attention to him? Please say yes!

Even though I'm around many famous Wonderbolts, it's just not the same without you guys. I get talk with a lot of them, but now I've only been talking with a few; Soarin included. The other few Wonderbolts I talk to regularly are mostly newer members. They're really cool though! I got to know em over time, and we're practically friends. Not like our friendships, but still.

I wish I could tell you more about em, but I've gotta go. I'll be needed in the morning. Spitfire's orders.

Your awesome friend,

Rainbow Dash

P.S. Oooh! Almost forgot! I also heard that the Princess has gotten a few letters (from Twilight) but couldn't reply to them because she was busy. (Just thought I'd let you know)