• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 274 Views, 3 Comments

Voices from a Terrible Past (an epistolary tale) - HeavyMetalKnight



Ponies of the past write letters to ponies in the terrible future.

  • ...
 3
 274

(From Twilight, to Celestia) Magic Experiments

Dear Princess Celestia,


It's been a long time since I last wrote to you; very long in fact. So much has happened, I can't even explain it all! Maybe I'll save that for another time, for something else has come up.

I have been working nonstop on the assignment given to me by scientist, Dr. Atravet! He is also a masterful magic user, who has developed research on newer spells discovered by those before him. He told me himself that I would be the perfect candidate to test out these newer spells. I have to admit, he was pretty vague when I asked him what the spells do; which at first made rather unsure about the whole thing, but I didn't want to question a professional like him.

Once I began to divulge in the experiments, I noticed something different about these spells. They all did something different, like one spell was able to revert a solid object--or to be precise, a chair--into a liquid form!

Another spell allowed the user's body to become opaque for a short period of time. I'm not sure what I'll use it for in the near future, but it might come in handy someday.

I'm still doing my best to figure out what the other spells do, but I am certain these spells will do great things for ponykind in the near future. And I'm sure every mare and stallion will learn how to use these spells for the greater good... and hopefully not evil. Not sure how useful the aforementioned spells will be, but I think they will find some use.

Oh, and Spike has been assisting me with the experiments. He's expressed some doubts about Atravet's assignment, and even went as far as to say that he doesn't trust the guy at all! He's a typical, friendly scientist, Dr. Atravet. I can't understand why Spike would be so skeptical; after all, since I haven't done a lot princessy things in a while, I needed something to do with my time.

That's not to say I've spent all my time in the castle; Oh ho, no. I took long breaks every once in a while, such as hanging out with my friends of course.

I'll write back to you once I've found something new to discuss; like any further details regarding the new spells.

Oh, by the way, I've scheduled another get-together with my friends. I want to share more information with them before I write anything else. I need to go to bed soon. I'm way to tired to write right now.

So sorry to end this letter so soon, but every princess needs their sleep.

Princess of Friendship,

Twilight Sparkle