• ...
8
 52
 3,210

1. Hardly Back

A Second Chance

A fanfic by Apple Star


Rainbow Dash, or what was left of her, woke up in a place that was completely white. Everywhere she looked It was white, like she was in a giant snow storm in the sky. She recalled her last events. She went into Sugar Cube Corner to bake cupcakes with Pinkie pie, got knocked out some how, and Pinkie pie..... killed her. Rainbow Dash's betrayal by her BEST FRIEND washed over her like a wave. "How DARE she?! How could she do this to me!" Dash said half yelling and half crying. She looked like a zombie right out of a horror movie. Her wings had little flesh on them, and her cutie mark was hanging loosely on her flank, and her stomach was open with most of her organs out. Dash figured she was a ghost now, because it was not possible for her to survive what Pinkie did to her. So she wandered about her new setting, trying to get back to the normal world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dash wandered for what seemed like days. But with no luck on finding a way out. It seemed as though she was going on endlessly in a circle in the same place. Until finally, she arrived at a small building that was also white. Beside it was a bowl of water. Dash's throat was very dry, mostly because of all the screaming she did in that bloody basement. The memory only brought her more sadness and anger. But she shook it off, knowing it would only make her throat even more dry, or it would most likely make it hurt. She lapped up some water and swallowed. It was cold, and it made her feel much better.

Suddenly, a burst of light appeared from the little bowl. Dash gasped and covered her face. The light soon died down and Dash slowly approached the water bowl. Inside was a view of Ponyville. with all her friends sitting down to one of their socials. She remembered that they were all supposed to meet at Twilight Sparkle's library after a quick visit with Pinkie pie. Every pony was there, even Pinkie pie. This is what she saw:

"Welcome every pony. I would like to ask one question. Where is Rainbow Dash? She's NEVER late." Twilight Sparkle announced. Dash was glad that her friends didn't forget about her. It was just what she said to Pinkie pie in the basement: "No Pinkie! You can't do this, I'm your friend! Some pony will notice I'm gone and they'll come looking for me!" Dash shook that horrible memory away and focused her attention back to the bowl.

"Oh, she was helping me with a taste test at Sugar Cube Corner about an hour ago, but, I don't know where she went." Pinkie pie lied easily. "I have GOT to find a way out of here if I ever want to stop this!" Said Dash looking around her and standing up. She saw something in the distance. It looked like the figure of a pony. Rainbow Dash walked a little closer. She heard the pony say something: "If that is your wish to go back, then here it is!" Dash was confused at the words, but soon, everything went from white, to black.