• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 1,252 Views, 24 Comments

Another Undertale story - Deidara21



Pony in a cave full of crazy monsters

  • ...
8
 24
 1,252

Chapter 8: My answer

Chapter 8: My answer

Twilight looked at the crystallized surface encasing an ancient chunk of cheese. "Cool, right? That thing's older than dirt." Monster kid said.

"Heh heh heh. Having fun, hor- kid?"

'Sans is staring to become a creep.' "Weren't you fast asleep at your sentry station, how did you get here before us?"

"I have a few tricks...speaking of, come with me, I want to show you guys something." Monster kid and Twilight curiously followed the big-boned skeleton to a hall glistening from stones of all shapes and sizes.

Sans stopped at a dingy-looking telescope almost identical to the one they saw in the previous wishing room. "I'm thinking of getting into the telescope business. It's 50000G to use this premium, top of the class telescope, but," He slanted on the gem infested cave wall. "Since I know you, it's for free. Howzabout it?"

"Nope."

"What about your friend?"

"Nope."

"Too bad, you're missing out in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

The two walked through an entrance beside Sans. The room was dark, not even dim glow of the surrounding mushrooms helped much, but they did make it just light enough to see the front of a red vendor cart. 'It's that rabbit salesman again...' Twilight thought, feeling hungry again.

With no warning otherwise, the Nicecream vendor started talking. "Oh my, it's you again, I relocated my store, but there are still no customers...fortunately-" His ear mechanically sprung up in mid-sentence. "I have a solution; Punch cards! Everytime you buy a nicecream, you can take a punch card from the box, if by chance you get three cards, then you get a free nicecream!"

Nicecream vendor's ironed-on smile could've scared any kid away at the point. "They're sure to get the customers back! Nicecream, the frozen treat that warms your heart, now only 25G!"

"We're flat broke," Monster kid bluntly said.

A few simple words were all it took for Nicecream vendor to go down like a punctured balloon. His ears stiff ears relaxed spread out on the vendor cart. "Oh...why aren't these selling?!" He noticed they were gone, but continued talking anyways. "At this rate, I'll be...homeless, then what'll I do? That's it, I'll have to market a new campaign!"

"Or just change location."

OoO

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" Monster kid asked, barely keeping up with Twilight's wide strides.

"I always go South and this time's no different."

"You might be right, this place is just so cool!"

Monster kid was right. Twilight practically drooled over the landscape, the pool of water surrounding them illuminated with a vibrant blue color and painted over the cosmic black grass as if it were a canvas and he loved every bit of it.

Their trek ended in a square peninsula, sitting at the edge was an echo flower standing out like a sore thumb against the black grass. Twilight bent down, her ear sitting on the longest petal.
She heard a passing conversation slowly forming.

So? Don't you have any wishes to make?

Another one laid right beside it.

Hm, just one. It's kind of-

*RING

*RING

"HELLO! THIS IS PAPYRUS!" He heard the cell phone a little farther away. "-Remember when I asked you about your clothes?!"

"You never asked me about my clothes, and I don't ever any clothes."

"Even better, now she'll never know who you are, unless you happen to be wearing a yellow shirt with a red stripe down the left side. Along with hot red pants..."

"Um..no." 'He was describing the rabbit salesman of all people, I hope Undyne doesn't kill him.'

".... I just want to be friends with everyone."

*click

"Who was that?"

"A friend, now, let's keep on going tha-" Twilight's hoof stepped in something slimy, she jumped back. "IT'S TH-THOSE MONSTERS AGAIN!"

Monster kid didn't understand Twilight's sudden disgust, they looked like any regular jello shaped monster. "Yo, what's the matter? Those are just harmless Moldsmals."

"Harmless?!" She turned to Monster kid, shuddering. "You have no idea how they were in the Ruins..."

XxxxXxx

-Ruins-

Twilight breezed through the puzzles with partially no problems...or that's how it was until—

*sexy wiggles

"..."

"Um excuse me," Twilight said.

*more sexy wiggles

Just like that, Moldsmal wrapped around her leg. "What in the-get off my leg!"

*sexier wiggles

"..."

*slightly more sexier wigg-

"Stop with that already!" Twilight tried shaking the monster off. But it only made the wiggling worse. "...You're not getting off of my leg, are you?"

*incoherent slime sounds

"I'll take that as a no...then there's no use fighting it, I mean what's the worst you can do, right?"

XxxxXxx

"A-At least don't tell me you're like the ones in the Ruins."

*sexiest wiggling yet

The Moldsmal clung onto Twilight's back, she shivered as it circled around her body twice then finally settled on her head instead. "Looks like she likes you!" Monster kid playfully teased.

"Uuuuugh. Let's just go already."

It didn't take long for Twilight to dismiss Moldsmal's presence, well almost, the occasional vibrating and bubbling emitted from Moldsmal would always take her back to reality. When the two finally reached another wall of glowing text, Twilight completely forgot about the pint-size slime stuck on her back.

"The power to take their-*squorch* this is the power the pony on-*burble* ...feared and the power they somehow rep-*burb*" Twilight's fuse was burning fast. "Could you please quiet down?"

"Ah, that's weird, why is it so active all of a sudden?"

"Who knows..."

"I might." Monster kid's curiosity led them to a set of stairs leading even farther into the underground. "I think there's something down there."

They walked down the water littered steps. The stairs ended at a collection of unexcited water. "So...how is the Moldsmal?"

"It's purring?"

The water went choppy, waves violently crashing against each other, effectively spraying beads of water all over the place. Within all the madness, a single tentacle rose from the thrashing waves.

Several seconds passed, but nothing else happened.

Monster kid and Twilight's pace picked up fast when they saw another tentacle pop out. Another and they were practically sprinting.

*Wham

'Of all times to fall!' Just as Twilight ran back to pick up Monster kid, a large, cream colored creature surfaced while its casting shadow devoured them. 'Just...what is this thing?!'

The monster's high-pitched vocals matched well with its appearance. "Hey...there...noticed you were...here. I'm Onionsan! Onionsan, desu-desu!"

Onionsan followed Monster kid and Twilighg and tried making awkward attempts to start a conversation along the way. "You're visiting Waterfall, it's great here, desu! You'll love it, desu! Yeah! Me too! It's my big favorite!" Their head buried underwater. "Even though, the water's getting so shallow here and I have to sit down all the-"

"Hey, are you gonna stop talking anytime soon?" Monster kid asked, annoyed.

"Wh-what? I've only gotten started and you cut me off at the best part...wait, please don't leave, talking to myself is the worst!"

Twilight lowered her head. "This thing'll talk to you a lot, take it if you want."

"Would you really be so kind?!"

"Sure."

*POP

"Yay! This is sadly the best day of my life! Thank you! I hope I see you around some time, in the Waterfallllll!"

Twilight's eyes were getting strained from looking at the onion for so long. Now that it was gone, she could breathe a sigh of relief. 'I'm glad that thing's finally off my back.' Just outside of Onionsans' cavern they saw a solitary monster lingering by unwinding cascades.

"...oh?"

"I...really like your song," Twilight said, stopping at the edge of the cascade's deposit.

The monster didn't dare turn her face around, she sat still and pretended she wasn't there. 'I had no idea someone was near...oh they'll probably just go away after a while.'

"You...probably don't want to be bothered...I'll leave."

"Hey, you gotta look at this, come down here!

She caught a glimpse of a small room behind the corridor and followed after Monster kid. "An old piano?" Twilight muttered, making her way to the aged instrument.

"Dude check it out, if you play the piano correctly, we can find some treasure, it says all you need is the first eight notes," Monster kid said.

"Of what? Where'd you get that from?"

"I'm not sure, but I got it from the wall. Just think of something and play the first eight notes, that should do it."

Despite its antique appearance, the keys moved smoothly under Twilight's harsh jabs. She swiftly ended on the eighth note and waited for a response. "It didn't work?"

"Only because you didn't play the right notes."

The keys Twilight chose mixed together as if it were oil and water and to Shyren, it sounded like utter garbage. She couldn't concentrate on anything with her playing so brashly. "Then why don't you play it your-" She paused, instantly recognizing her vibrant blue hair and shrouded identity, "You're the..."

"Could I play?" Shyren squeaked, suddenly engrossed by the ground.

She nodded, starting to blush, and she sat down.

Strangely enough, Twilight watched as a set of fins rested on the keyboard. Thoughts formed quickly. "Is this o-okay?" Shyren asked. She mumbled a quiet 'yes'.

Shyren's fins graced the piano, each note flowed into each other flawlessly, fabricating a beautiful melody. Monster kid and Twilighy were dumbfounded when she finished the ending note, under her fins, eight notes went by in a year.

*Rumble-Rumble

An opening engraved itself into a wall just beyond them.

Twilight smiled. "Thank you, you sure are a lot better than me at piano!"

Shyren finally got the nerve to turn at Twilight, she brushed her blue hair out of the way and took a good, long look at the pony. Twilight did the same, seeing a face bursting with joy. Noticeable stress lines tore down her pastel green face, which he could only guess was from consistent sadness. But now Shyren was happy and she was too.

"It was my pleasure," Shyren said, no longer squeaking. She quietly let herself out with something she hadn't felt in years.

Monster kid and Twilight went inside the hidden room, a half size than the last. "Boring," Monster kid said, turning to leave.

"You have to be kidding me. This treasure's so interesting!"

"It's just a dumb orange orb thing."

"Well. What kind of treasure were you expecting?"

"Undyne's equipment."

"We betteleave it so others can marvel at its beauty!"

"Right..."

They left, going past the east hallway. "Man, sometimes I wish I were a pony, that way she would beat me up every night! I wanna see her again so badly!"

"Uh..huh." She said weakly.

OoO

Twilight approached a statue that stood no taller than her holding a faded red umbrella in hand, rain seeping from a crack in the ceiling steadily poured onto its cloaked head. "There you go, this'll make things a little bit easier." She fixated the umbrella over its head. Monster kid was only slightly mused by this, keeping themselves attached to the room's exit.

"I don't see why we had to stop just to give a statue an umbrella." There was a hint of irritation threaded in their voice.

"I just...had to."

'She's gone craz- wait...what is that?' "Huh, do you hear that, too?"

It took a few moments for Twilight to mold together the random drops of noise in the background. "Mm hm, it sounds like a music box playing."

"Sure does sound nice..."

"Shyren played this on the piano, didn't she?"

"Yep, but If that's the case, it must be a new puzzle, otherwise she would've taken the treasure already."

"Her? Somehow, I doubt it."

OoO

'Yep I feel it.' Twilight flipped open an old umbrella, then levitated it over her and Monster kid's head. "It's a good thing I took this, it's really coming down here."

Monster kid's reaction was noticeably delayed, all the rain pouring down on their umbrella made it near impossible for them to concentrate on anything else. "...uh. I guess." It was silent for the longest time, but gradually, the rain reduced itself to a mere light drizzle. "Hey, I just remembered something," Monster kid suddenly said.

"What?"

"So one time there was this school project where we had to take care of a flower-the king we had to call him 'Mr. Dreemurr'-volunteered to donate his own flowers. He ended up coming to school and teaching the class about responsibility and stuff. That got me thinking...How COOL would it be if UNDYNE came to school?! She could beat up ALL the teachers!"

They thought for a moment, then added, "Umm maybe not, Undyne's way too cool to be hurting innocents like that!"

"Uh, yeah, that's Undyne for you!"

The hall ended and they stepped into a vast region, spectacularly illuminated by dazzling gems on the wall. It was, in short, beautiful. "There's the king's castle, over there, great isn't it?"

Slabs upon slabs of stone and marble were piled onto each other so high, the tallest structure seemed untouchable to the arched ceiling. Twilight had never seen anything like it before. 'So that's where the king lives, it seems so...far away.' "It's so beautiful, just like Celestia's palace."

"Who?"

"Princess Celestial, she's kind of like your own king, but she..." Her words drifted apart the moment she saw a wall that towered above them, it was impassable. Twilight watched Monster kid stare at the wall for the longest time then finally at him. "Come on, I'll get you up there. Climb on my shoulders."

"You don't have to," Twilight teleported to the top, she smiled down at Monster kid. "We'll see each other soon, ok?"

"Yeah!"