• Published 16th Nov 2015
  • 2,066 Views, 9 Comments

Friendship's Heart of Destiny - Shadow Master



Sunset and her friends must team up with Dragon Strike Force, Autobots and G.I. Joe to stop Dark Curse and Alliance of Darkness. Can they trust the Human Twilight for the mission? Will their friendship prevail?

  • ...
25
 9
 2,066

Chapter 4: Be There For You...

After the school by afternoon, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna took the Canterlot High Participants and Supporters (Mane Six, Dragon Strike Force, Cutie Mark Crusaders, Flash Sentry, Derpy, Sweetie Drops, Lyra Heartstrings, Micro Chips and Sandalwood) to Dragoon Barnyard - Saber Dragoon's Family is partner with Apple Family for the farm business. But they weren't the only ones. Simmons, Wheelie and Brains were there as well. But why would Principals of Canterlot High took them to barnyard?

At the barnyard, there was a man in nearly 50s dressed in his whitish uniform with dark green as well as his straw hat. He was working on the gardening the farm.

"Hey dad!" Saber Dragoon called.

The man slowly got up and turned to the front. He smiled, "Saber! Celestia! Luna! Great to see you here!"

Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna smiled happily as they approached and gave the man a hug. He departed as he turned and hugged his son. Everyone but Dragon Strike Force was surprised and shocked about it. What was that?

Principal Celestia turned to Canterlot High Participants, "Everyone, I would like you to meet the important founder of Canterlot High - Virtue Dragon."

Everyone but Sunset and even her Minicon Friends gasped in shock and surprised.

Virtue Dragon smiled as he bowed down, "It is an honor to meet you all here. I look forward of helping and sharpening your skills for the games. I hope all of you are ready for the Friendship Games. I mostly inspired by your speech, Rainbow Dash. Well done."

Rainbow Dash blushed a bit while smiling happily, "Aw shucks. Thanks..."

"So, who is this guy?" Sunset asked in concern. Everyone but Minicons gasped in shock and concern as they turned and looked at her with their shock and surprise looks. She asked, "What?"

"Sunset Shimmer! That's the founder and very first principal of Canterlot High - Virtue Dragon! And he was the Minister of Agriculture and Education. He is the one of few races who helped and supported Martin Luther King Jr. in equality for all races! And because of that, he built a very important principles based on his ancestors' morality - compassion, humiliation and equality are benevolence!" Flash Sentry explained seriously, "And because of that, we're all inspired and touched to become great friends."

Applejack smiled, "Not only that, he and his family are Apple Family's partners in handling some farm and barnyard too."

"And he's my dad too," Saber added, "Explains how me and Apple Siblings get along well like a big part of the family."

Carried Apple Bloom on her shoulders, Applejack scoffed before giving Saber a nudge, "You've said it."

"Wow... That was amazing..."

Virtue Dragon approached Sunset Shimmer. He gave her a firm face, "And you must be Sunset Shimmer? The one who caused a lot of problems at my school?"

Sunset yelped in shock while others remained silent and worn the worried face. They have forgotten that Sunset Shimmer was the bad student who wants the power for herself to become the Princess of High School and her own home because she didn't get what she wants. She is also helped Crime Warlord Sombra in getting the magic and power for his conquest. That was put to a stop, thanks Pony Twilight Sparkle, Mane Five, Cutie Mark Crusaders, Nyx, Spike and Lightningblade. Now, Sunset Shimmer became a better person now.

Sunset Shimmer sighed in shame as she bowed and looked down. She has no right to look at the Founder of Canterlot High for the cause she had made from the school.

"Yes... I wasn't very happy of what you did to my school especially working for Sombra," Virtue Dragon said firmly. Sunset remained looking down. He held and pushed her chin up in making her looking at him. He smiled, "but I also heard that you defend the school against the Sirens and saved the world when it was nearly turned into metals. Well done. You've redeemed yourself well, Shimmer. You're one of Wondercolts we ever had."

Sunset was surprised and shocked but nevertheless. She smiled happily as she bowed, "Thank you so much, sir. I won't let you down again."

"I'm sure of it..." Virtue Dragon smiled. He turned to the rest of Canterlot High Students, "I'm glad that all of you have made it because tomorrow, we will show our rival that we Wondercolts are gonna prove them that we have what it takes to become not only winner of Friendship Games but also how important the benevolence principle is."

Vice Principal Luna smiled, "Who's gonna win the Friendship Games?! Who will be the champion?!"

Canterlot High School students cheered, "WONDERCOLTS!!!"

Principal Celestia smiled, "Then, let's do this, everybody!"

Everyone cheered wildly and happily as they raised their fists up and cheered 'CANTERLOT WONDERCOLTS!' for few times. They all followed Virtue Dragon to the back of barnyard where they begin their training for the Friendship Games.


At New York, an armored Presidential State Car was driving throughout the city. Within the car were three people. One was driving the car while others were chatting with each other.

Azure Phoenix - former secretary retired from his position since the last year's incident. Although he was shamed of putting the world at risk, but nevertheless he make it up for his mistakes by saving Pony Twilight Sparkle and her friends and accepting them as the Humans' Allies. He was chatting with his trusted adviser Schemetrick about the drive his son had retrieved from the enemy's base while his trusted bodyguard - Rhino Armor the balded yellowish man dressed in his Secret Service Uniform was driving the car.

A sudden cellphone rang. Azure Phoenix responded it by placing his cellphone on the chair's screen. He activated it. It shows Twilight Sparkle and Shadow Dragon. He was relieved to see and hear his pupil but shocked to find something out of why she called him.

"Are you certain, Twilight?" Azure Phoenix asked suspiciously.

"Yes..." Twilight replied, "Principal Cinch got the approval from your son."

"This is too all sudden. Strikespell never change his mind especially involving Twilight Sparkle in Friendship Games or even near to Canterlot High because he knew her weakness too well and he doesn't want to cheat his rival school in winning Friendship Games because of her counterpart." Shadow Dragon added.

Azure Phoenix hummed, "Yes... You are right. My son never change his mind. Something is not right..."

"What are we going to do?" Shadow Dragon asked.

Azure Phoenix hummed, "I'll need to confirm with my son. This doesn't add up. For now, do what you did for your schedule and stay out of troubles."

"Will do, sir." Shadow Dragon responded.

Twilight sighed, "Alright. To be honest, I don't think others are happy to see me involved in Friendship Games, other than Indigo Zap. She's an okay friend to talk with. So far..."

Azure Phoenix sighed as he hated some students showing disrespect to his protege. Why can't they be more polite and open to her as he and his family did?

"Twilight, don't worry about others. You will show them how capable and special you are to the academy. They will respect you as much as I did for you."

"Okay... I'll take the advice. You'd never been wrong."

"Speaking of academy, I presume Principal Cinch accepted your application for Everton Independence Studies?"

"Well... Uh... She didn't talk about it. She just begged and asked me to join Friendship Games. So, I accept it."

"Are you sure? Is there something you wish to tell me?" Azure Phoenix asked suspiciously.

"Well... I..." Twilight sighed in defeat. She knew that she can't lied her own mentor, "Yes, there is. I joined it because I want to track and gather some energy or magic data for studies. I want to know why is it so special and powerful. I want to study it. This is also my perfect chance to find and meet my counterpart. I want to know how and why is she special and able to make good friends with others. Why she claimed 'Friendship is Magic'?"

Knowing her curiosity bested her, Azure Phoenix sighed, "Twilight... Meeting and knowing her is one thing but gathering that energy is something I cannot allow. But I won't force you for this. Just be careful with that power. It is very dangerous to use."

Twilight remained silent for what Azure Phoenix had said. She sighed, "Okay... I'll be careful."

Azure Phoenix nodded in relief. He turned and looked at Shadow Dragon, "Look after her."

Shadow Dragon nodded, "Will do, sir."

With the screen turned off, Azure Phoenix turned his attention to Schemetrick for advice. His adviser know the former secretary well especially the situation they're in.

Schemetrick nodded in understanding, "Knowing you. You don't believe the reports easily. You'd rather confront them for answers personally. You want to see if the reports are true or not."

Azure Phoenix nodded in agreement, "Yes... I don't believe my son would allow this or even Principal Cinch would able to fool anyone easily. I know Twilight didn't join it because of me but being threatened. Something is going on here..."

"Yes... And we're carrying the important cargo to solve the enemy's plan," Schemetrick nodded.

Azure Phoenix contacted his son Strikespell for confirmation about Twilight's involvement and discussion about the enemies and the plans they were trying to deal with.


After talking with Azure Phoenix of the latest reports; Shadow Dragon, Twilight Sparkle and her siblings were on their way to next class. Twilight Sparkle has been quiet lately since the talk about Everton Independence Study from Azure Phoenix. Shadow Dragon and her siblings were alerted and aware of it. They decided to ask her later.

They came across to the long spiky blue hair with stripes of cyan and cerulean girl with her orangeous goggle dressed in her Crystal Prep Academy Uniform who was kicking up and down the soccer ball.

Twilight known Indigo Zap since she joined the Crystal Prep Academy. She was known as the most talented and efficient athlete who wins almost every tournament and championship for herself and the school. She'd never lose to anyone. And she was proud, wild, competitive, determined and fiercely to be the champion. She like Rainbow Dash's counterpart for representing Element of Loyalty...

Twilight and her friends were passing her by since Indigo Zap was too busy in training herself physically. Indigo gave a little smirk at back of Twilight and her friends.

"Are we gonna win?!?!" Indigo Zap asked wildly.

Twilight and her friends yelped fearfully as they turned and looked at her. They hated it when she does that. She loved to tease and test everyone for the obvious answer about the championship.

Twilight gulped, "I...I don't know."

"Wrong answer!! Try again!" Indigo Zap shouted proudly at Twilight, "Are we gonna win?!?!"

"Um...I guess?" Twilight answered nervously yet awkwardly, "I-It's just...I mean...I heard that CHS is doing well now. With their reputation. And, I mean, it's not better than ours, of course. But we can't let them do it, you know? Win, I mean? Right?"

Shadow Dragon, Nyx, Lance Justicestrike and Indigo Zap stared at her oddly yet awkwardly. That was a terrible answers.

"Seriously? That's the best answers you've come up with?" Indigo asked in shock, "You really need to man up and competitive for once, Twi."

"Sorry..." Twilight said sheepishly. She cleared her throat, "Aren't you worry about someone you've cared?"

Indigo scoffed, "Are you kidding me? Why would I worry about that?!"

Shadow Dragon shook his head, "Blazefist was your coach. He helped and trained you to be the best athlete when you were 8. He's always been there for you in almost every game and championship you entered. He supported and cared for you. He's like your big brother. But now you're competing against the school he went as the coach."

"I'm just worried if you're upset about competing against him and his students at Friendship Games," Twilight admitted.

Nyx nodded, "My sis and Shadow got the point. You're okay with this?"

Indigo laughed happily as she grabbed and gave Twilight's head a noogie, "Aw shucks. Didn't know know you cared for me. Don't worry about me. I can handle it. After all, coach wouldn't want me to disappoint him. Even if I lose the game, I'd always get Blaze a smile at me. After all, I'm the Blaze's Protege!"

"Wow... That is wow..." Lance remarked, "She sure is hotheaded athlete alright..."

Indigo smiled, "I definitely am, buddy. While I worried my problems, you worry about manning up coz tomorrow, we're gonna rock the house! We're gonna win the game again! Later! Gotta meet him at some barnyard now!"

Indigo Zap cheered wildly and happily as she kicked the soccer up and down while moving to the front. Twilight and her friends smiled in amusement. Indigo Zap sure has some enthusiasm of not letting bad things get her down, not even her favorite coach.

Twilight and her friends were about to move out. They stopped as they heard the rocking noise. They turned and found Lemon Zest the pink teenage girl with greenish long hair with lighted and darker color stripes dressed in her uniform was dancing around. She was listening to her music from her headset.

Lance was surprised as he had known Lemon Zest when he was kid. She was the band member for Shadowbolts as the D.J. Player. While she's wild, enthusiasm, fun and mostly happy and loving music-girl, she has great ways in bringing everyone's spirit up and running for every show, games, movies, competition and even Friendship Games. She has the ways to bring smiles to everyone. She's like Pinkie Pie for being Element of Laughter...

Lemon Zest looked up and found Lance standing before him. She smiled as she took her headset off, "Dude, you have gotta hear this!"

Lemon Zest passed and placed the headset on Lance's ears. Instead of reacting painful to the loud music, he cheered wildly as he make a rock and roll dancing style. Shadow Dragon, Twilight and Nyx smiled a bit while shaking their heads in amusement. Lance sure loved the music. As soon as the song ends, he took it out and passed it to her.

Lance smirked, "Gotta love that music you've come up with, Lemon Zest!"

"Heard the news! About time that you and others joined the party! Mr. Sec finally letting you off now! I like that, ya know?!" Lemon Zest asked in amusement.

Lance shrugged, "Yeah... You heard that right. If my sis joined, I might as well help around and support her!"

"That is so awesome, man! My pops - Drillmap loved to rock the house down! And I'm gonna do what he did!"

"Yeah... He was the rocker once, right?"

"You bet he was. That old man maybe too old to be the rocker, but he ain't way gonna miss rocking the Friendship Games down! He was an awesome champion, ma! Crystal Prep is gonna win the game! Whoo hoo! Oh yeah, baby!!"

"Yeah... Uh... We're gonna win it, alright."

Lemon Zest whistled wildly before giving Lance a big pat on his back, "That's the spirit! Keep up the good work especially your sis! We're gonna need lots of help!" She turned to Twilight Sparkle, "You'd better bring it down, Sparkle! We're depending on you now!"

Twilight gulped, "Sure... Not a problem..."

Lemon Zest smirked, "Sure not a problem! You're Azure Phoenix's Pupil! No one can bested you easily! Yeah!"

Lemon Zest put the headset on as she played her guitar and screamed wildly while walking away. Twilight and her friends smiled a bit to see someone being enthusiasm and fun. They headed off back to the officer at once. They have some plans to deal with for tomorrow's event.


At the Pit, Autobots and Yeager Family were summoned at the command center where G.I. Joe were gathered and having the important meeting which involved not only Mr. Secretary but also other important things. Both Cybertronian Team and Human Team chatted and discussed about the latter that involved them which they smiled and shook each other proudly and humbly about it. What was that about?

"So, you're okay about Strikespell's decision? Coz I don't like it much," Hound said in concern.

Roadblock sighed, "I know. But we'll just wait and see if he's willing to betray our nation and turned it into a dictator land."

Scarlet added, "If that happens, he's got one coming to his way!"

Crosshairs chuckled in amusement, "I like your style. I would like to give those government for some ass kicking!"

"Count on us too, guys!" Flint said proudly, "They're gonna know what happens if they crossed the Joes again!"

G.I. Joes cheered wildly, "[Lady Jaye] You said it, partner! [Ripcord] Crazy but awesome! I'm in, dude! [Jinx] Sensei and I will do everything we can to help you win this fight! [Tunnel Rat] G.I. Joe gonna win this fight! [Spirit] Honor till the end!"

Cade sighed, "Well, that's some good news. Wonder Optimus Prime's been doing now? Hope he's okay..."

"Speaking of okay," Shane said in concern as he looked at Bumblebee, "What's with Bee? He'd never been serious about this situation."

Tessa hummed, "Yeah... I think something bother him."

Bumblebee was looking at the holographic Earth Map as he looked worry and scared. Drift and Breakaway noticed it.

"Bumblebee-san, you do not seem to be well of this. Is there something bother you?" Drift asked in concern.

Breakaway nodded, "Yeah... Something tells me that you've been spooked?"

Bumblebee radioed, "Something is not right... ZAP! No sign of the enemies. ZAP! The bad guys are up to something."

"Seriously?" Smokescreen asked in concern. He scoffed, "You worry too much, Bee. Strikespell make sure that no one is gonna mess with our home planet. If anything goes wrong, we're in to deal with the problem."

Prowl hummed, "No... Bumblebee is right. While the world has been 'united', the leaders should have given us the location and information of our enemies. But nothing again. All have disappeared from our sights. It's like they were planning, waiting and readying to attack. Like Bumblebee had said, they're up to something."

Drift nodded, "Yes... Galvatron is known to be manipulated and deceptive warlord. He is the same as Megatron. He won't be captured so easily."

"Don't forget, C.C." Ripcord added, "And something, they're after something bigger fish to fry."

Lady Jaye sighed, "You're onto something. And I don't like where this is going too..."

Spirit sighed heavily, "Yes... I sense disturbance in the nature. Danger is closing by now..."

Tunnel Rat hummed, "Like going after the world's leader. Coz the bad guys wanted to be the rulers of the world."

Due to Tunnel Rat has spoken, G.I. Joe and Autobots gasped in realization of what was really going on! The enemies are after something bigger and effective to their ambition!


At Dragoon Barnyard, Canterlot High School students were training for tomorrow's event - Friendship Games by Dragon Strike Force and Dragoon Family. They'll show Crystal Prep Academy what they're made of. They're gonna win the games!

Flash and other participants were trained mostly by the businessman and scientist that dressed in greenish uniform, jean and white lad coat Skysoar Intellect and old wise and noble hooded greenish robe Old Man Pang.

Old Man Pang chuckled a bit, "Remember, kids. Use your head and creativity, you'll win the race!"

Skysoar nodded, "Indeed. Slow and steady wins the race. But most important of success, it's not about victory or defeat but teamwork."

"That's what makes Canterlot High different from Crystal Prep."

"While they have talents and intelligence, but they do not possess friendship and unity as you all did. Keep up the good work."

Canterlot High School students cheered wildly and proudly as they continued their training as hard as they can.

Dragon Strike Force were training themselves for the event as well. Saber Dragoon was sharpening his martial art skills. Flare Tiger was working on motorcycles for some special reason. Laxtinct was pushing himself up for few times. Shorty Thinking, Tailtech and Icy were working on how to contain the magic within. Aquastroke was running around the barnyard in strengthening her stamina and skills.

Mane Six were trained by Five Dragoon Generals for the unusual outdoor training - archery, skating and motorcycling. Old Man dressed in his archery gear with shoulder plate - Veteran Shot was training Applejack and Fluttershy on aiming and firing the shots on the bulls-eye.

Applejack and Fluttershy keep missing the shots on the targets. It frustrated the old veteran war hero. Veteran Shot came and helped her aimed the target.

"Aie... You're terrible at shots, aren't ya?" Veteran asked in annoyance. Fluttershy looked down in shame and upset. He sighed, "Alright... Look what I can do. Bow and arrow maybe old as I am but they're precious and important weapons."

"They are?" Fluttershy asked curiously.

"Yes! I remember the very day I joined the World War II. Those scoundrel invaders think they have got fancy technologies, but what counts the most is skill and training. And I've got them both for using my favorite bow and terrain against them! At the end, I've won. All are zero!"

"That's amazing..."

"Just keep practicing, you may get the good shot. Just remember four rules of shots. First, hold your breath slowly. Second, hold your bow and arrow tightly like life depends on it. Third, pick your aim! And finally, make it count."

Veteran Shot took a deep breathe while holding his bow and arrow. He took an aim at the target while feeling the wind blowing. As everything went slowly in his surroundings, he let go of the strings in firing the arrow straight to the target's bulls-eye!

Applejack whistled, "Now I get why you were called 'Veteran Shot'. That's pretty amazing."

Fluttershy nodded, "I'll do my best, Mr. Shot."

"Just don't let me down, lassy," Veteran Shot said calmly, "Keep on practicing... And remember the four rules."

Applejack and Fluttershy nodded in understanding as they continued practicing their shooting on targets. Veteran Shot continued overseeing the training.

The light black man dressed in his sleeveless greenish shirt and military pants - Dragonspear was training Rarity and Pinkie Pie in speeding their skates. Unfortunately, Rarity wasn't really good at it while Pinkie Pie was enjoying it very much. Dragonspeat helped Rarity up.

Rarity sighed, "I do not think I'm qualify for this. I'm not much of sportsmanship especially skating. I often played it with my sister mostly..."

"I don't know it's kinda fun," Pinkie Pie remarked happily.

Dragonspear chuckled a bit, "Yes, Pinkie. Skating is fun but there is more to it than just the speed. It's about teamwork and unity." Pinkie and Rarity turned and looked at Dragonspear. He continued, "Yes... It is true skating is always about speeding. But what happens if you do not have much stamina and energy to win the race?"

"You'll lose?" Pinkie answered bluntly.

Dragonspear nodded, "Indeed. For one player, you might lose. But when there's two players, what do they do to achieve it?"

Rarity thought for the moment before gasped in realization, "Idea! Perhaps a test?"

"Try me..." Dragonspear smiled in amusement.

Dragonspear immediately headed off at once. Rarity and Pinkie quickly moved out and chased after him. Both of them whispered to each other. Pinkie gasped while giggled and nodded in amusement.

As Dragonspear almost reach the finis line, Rarity came to the first place for breaking the line. Pinkie passed him by. Dragonspear stopped as he was in shock and surprise by it. Nevertheless, he smiled. He approached them.

"Teamwork," Rarity answered proudly, "That's the important part of our teamwork..."

Dragonspear smiled, "Well done. Keep it up."

Rarity and Pinkie saluted as they both practicing their skates across the big round.

The yellowish sportsman dressed in his white uniform, black pants and boots - Justice Tackle was training Sunset Shimmer and Rainbow Dash in using motorcycles.

Sunset gulped in concern, "I don't like it..."

"Scared?" Rainbow Dash asked in amusement.

"Real funny, Rainbow Dash. But you and others should know that I'm not good at riding a motorcycle or something. I'm good at carrying the baskets when I was a pony. I'm good at scooter when I was a pony. But this, I'm a joke."

"Hey, ease up. That's why the legendary biker - Justice Tackle is here."

Justice Tackle nodded as he approached Sunset Shimmer, "Just remember to follow my instruction. Everything will be fine. This will be like riding the bicycle.

Sunset sighed, "If I had actually rode one before in my life..."

"Everything will be fine. I promised you..."

Justice Tackle helped and trained both Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer of how the motorcycle operated and worked...

Flash finished his training as he, Cutie Mark Crusaders and Dragon Strike Force were watching the girls' training.

Virtue Dragon and his brothers - Blade Dragoon the older crimson man with long black mustache and beard dressed in his white uniform and blue jean and Warpath Temper the dark greenish muscular man dressed in his sleeveless green vest, black pants and sneakers were discussing with Principal Celestia, Vice Principal Luna and Simmons about the Friendship Games.

"A mascot? Was that necessary?" Principal Celestia asked in surprise.

Virtue Dragon shrugged, "I'm afraid so. According to my messenger, he told me that both schools must have mascot. And the decision has been made."

"Well... It does give us advantages," Simmons said thoughtfully before giving a smirk, "On the other hand, the kids love them!"

"I guess so..." Vice Principal Luna nodded in agreement. She turned to the front and watched the training, "I still feel bad for not telling them about obstacle course. I don't think Sunset Shimmer is ready for it since she's not used to it."

"I'm sure she can handle it. After all the struggles she deal with, she managed it well," Principal Celestia said calmly. Sunset screamed painfully. She yelped, "Or maybe not..."

Warpath Temper sighed, "Yup, she isn't. Too think someone like her is actually a horse? Wow... I'm shock. No wonder she's bad at this especially handwriting. I barely even know what she's writing about."

"Warpath... It takes time. And I believe Sunset Shimmer will be ready," Blade Dragoon said humbly, "She can do it."

Sunset got her knee injured when she accelerate the motorcycle too fast and brake too hard. Her friends came to her and checked on her if she was okay. Fluttershy helped and healed the wounds in time while Flash and the Minicons were comforting her. Sunset looked down as she gave the sigh.

Sideswipe arrived as he transformed into his robot mode from his silver car. He noticed the training as he came and checked on them.

"Everything okay?" Sideswipe asked curiously.

"I still think it's the bad idea..." Sunset said in concern while looking at her knee. She sighed, "I mean... If I can't drive the car, what good am I at riding a motorcycle?"

Wheelie shrugged, "Beats me... I was terrible at driving the spaceship."

Brains nodded, "Yeah, no kidding."

"Don't worry, Sunset. I'm sure everything will be fine. You just need to keep practicing," Fluttershy said calmly.

Rainbow Dash nodded in agreement, "Yeah... Besides, I was bad at driving of course when I want to get my license. But I keep on practicing."

"That makes feel better..." Sunsets said sarcastically.

Flash held his hand out for Sunset, "Come on, Sunny. Don't be down for the games. With us here, you can do it. If you fall, we'll help you up no matter what. We're best friends. And of course, I'm your boyfriend too. You can do it..."

"Got that right," Sideswipe nodded, "Don't worry. If you fall, I'll help and get you out of predicament. You've got nothing to worry about."

Sunset thought for the moment before smiled in relief, "You're right. Thanks for the help."

Flash helped Sunset up. Everyone smiled in relief to see her up and running. Sunset and her friends continued training while Flash, Cutie Mark Crusaders and Minicons cheered wildly and happily for them. As they continued training, Rainbow Dash spotted Blazefist was training a teenage tomboy girl at her age but her dress code is something familiar...

"What the heck?" Rainbow Dash asked suspiciously, "Why is she dressed like them? And why is he training her?"


Finishing the class, Twilight and her friends were on their way to the office. They came across the school's president. A cyan teenage girl has short lavender hair with pink stripes dressed in more official yet formal uniform while her hands have the digital and metal gauntlets watch-like was discussing with some students.

She was known as President Sunny Flare. A very responsible, talented, firm and serious president in handling and dealing with matters in schools either big or small. While she's rich and spoiled smart-alerk child, she involved with most of the donation and charity event as she felt it her responsible and duty to help. Like Rarity, she represents Element of Generosity. Though...

As soon as she finished her duty, Sunny Flare noticed Twilight and her friends were passing by. She groaned angrily while Twilight and her siblings gulped in worry. They have the feeling that she's about to lose her temper and rage at them again.

"Well, look who's dropping by," Sunny Flare gritted her teeth while glaring at Twilight Sparkle, "Ms. Perfect is here now. I hope you're not trying to steal my spotlight again. I don't appreciate of that!"

Twilight sighed, "You still haven't let go of it, have you?"

"No, I haven't. That title was mine! That position was mine! And above all, that glory was mine! Now I've lost it because of you! You've got a lot of nerve showing your faces here now."

"Look... I'm sorry that I took it because you wanted to help others!"

"I wanted that position because I want to prove that I'm the best richest kid in town. Everyone should give respect to me, not some wannabe like you! You don't deserve that, nerd! Do you know why?"

"Uh... No?"

"That's because my dad - Snaptrap is the Minister of Financial! And he's one of Azure Phoenix's trusted advisers! Therefore, I deserve that position! Not you or anyone else! And believe me, you're gonna regret it!"

Shadow Dragon sighed, "Sunny Flare... There is no point of you going after that position. It's very serious and heavy too. Azure Phoenix will be expecting more of the pupil's skills and talents. He expects no failure and disappointment. Trust me. This is not a joke."

Sunny Flare scoffed, "Whatever. I'm just upset that your girlfriend is joining the games. I was hoping she doesn't." She sighed, "Oh well... Might as well be generous to my classmate since everyone expected me to be kindhearted president. Good luck, Sparkle..."

Sunny Flare returned to her class at once.

Lance shrugged, "That could have gone better..."

Nyx grunted a bit as she disliked Sunny Flare of being mean even though she was very generous and caring person. She stuck a tongue out at Sunny Flare's back.

"Don't try, Nyx," Twilight said in annoyance as she patted Nyx's head, "it's pointless to pick a fight with the president especially when she's daughter of trusted adviser to Azure Phoenix. Let's go now."

Twilight and her friends continued walking and heading back to their office. Lance felt thirsty as he headed straight for the water but got himself knocked on someone else. Twilight and her friends came across the teenage a bit yellowish girl with darker magenta ponytail with greenish and light magenta stripes dressed in her crimson vest, white uniform and patterned skirt. She also has three small spots on her both cheeks.

She was sweetened yet soured Sour Sweet. While she's sweet, gentle and compassion girl to mostly her friends and school; she has the nasty attitude. She truly disliked and hated the enemies, rivals, traitors, losers or even useless allies of hers. One thing she shared with Indigo Zap, she hated being a loser and wanted to be champion. But nevertheless, she's still sweet and innocent kind girl to others. She may shared Fluttershy's Element of Kindness, only if she wanted...

Sour Sweet groaned as she glared at Lance, "You could have said 'excuse me'?!"

Lance gulped a bit as he slowly got up. He chuckled a bit as he held his hand out, "Sorry about that..."

Sour Sweet huffed as she got up before giving him an innocent looks, "Oh no... I should be more careful of where I'm going. I should be the one to say sorry..."

"Ah... Thanks?"

"[Sour] That was sarcasm, genius! Boy... You're completely brainless... To think that you're her brother..."

"Hey! I'm not brainless!"

"[Sweet] I'm sorry... You deserve a better treatment than this."

Nyx groaned, "You can drop the act now! We know you're really nasty to us because my sister is better than you! You can't treat her or mine like that!"

Angered and annoyed, Sour Sweet gave Nyx a deadly nasty glare, "I would watch my mouth if I were you, you little twerp! So shut up!"

Nyx yelped fearfully as she quickly hid behind of Twilight Sparkle. Twilight held Nyx behind of her. She sighed in annoyance as she turned and looked at Sour Sweet, "Sour Sweet, can we just drop this? We're on the same team."

"Of course, we are..." Sour Sweet said gently before giving nasty talking, "Don't think I have forgotten about what you did!"

"Look... I'm sorry that you disappointed to Swordstruck about this. But I can assure you one thing - you're still the winner and champion for sports, academic and game shows. That makes him proud."

"[Sweet] Really... Why, thank you. You're so sweet and gentle..."

"That's a relief. Thank you for-!"

"[Sour] If you were my sister, I would have pound you because my daddy scolded me for being a failure!"

"Great... Let's just work together as a team and finish the Friendship Games. Then, you can drop your friendly act with me."

Sour Sweet sighed as she talked gently, "Okay... I'll be your friend for the game. Just don't be late for the games, Twilight. We both don't want to disappoint my daddy and your mentor. They hate disappointment. See you, partner..."

Sour Sweet hummed happily as she walked away at once. Twilight and her friends sighed in relief that they'd never want to come across with her again.

"And I thought Swordstruck is nastier than her..." Lance commented.

Nyx grunted a bit, "I really hate her. She's a lot worse than Sunny Flare!"

"I know..." Twilight sighed, "First Sunny, then Sour Sweet; I can't believe some students haven't let go of grudges against me just because I'm Azure Phoenix's Prize Protege. They really wanted that position so badly."

"Forget them. They're just jealous," Shadow Dragon nodded in agreement, "Lance's right. It's no point to talk with them but work together. Let's just get back to office now."

"Alright..." Twilight nodded in understanding.


15 minutes has passed, Twilight and her friends were at their office now as they were packing their stuffs now. It's almost over now. Lance finished his packing in his guitar case. Nyx patted both Spike and Dragoking since two of them are in good terms for a while. As Twilight continued packing her stuffs into her bag, Shadow Dragon took a glance on her.

"Twilight... Are you sure you want to do this?" Shadow Dragon asked in concern.

"I was always gonna go to Canterlot High for the Friendship Games without letting anyone noticed us," Twilight said calmly, "The only difference now is that I have to compete. Besides, it's not like Principal Cinch gave me much of a choice."

"What do you mean by that?" Lance asked suspiciously.

Carried Spike up, Nyx turned and looked at her, "Sis? Is there something you want to tell us?"

"No... It's nothing. Just disappointed this is not what I had in mind. I won't able to collect much data as I thought." Twilight said in disappointment. She then came across the amulet. She took a glance at it. She smiled as she had the idea, "But maybe I can still get some."

Shadow Dragon sighed in worry while Nyx and Lance shrugged about it. Twilight Sparkle sure have a funny way to get herself happy after some bad things happened.

Spike whimpered unhappily. Twilight and Nyx noticed it. Twilight took him up while patted him gently.

"Spike, I wouldn't leave without you for Friendship Games," Twilight said happily as she placed Spike in her bag, "Just remember to be quiet. And try not to shed."

Nyx giggled happily, "He seems happy about it. Think Dragoking would come?"

Dragoking hissed unhappily. Shadow Dragon smiled as he gently patted him, "Don't worry, buddy. You're coming with us as well. You've got nothing to worry about."

Dragoking hissed happily as he gave Shadow Dragon a lick. He then entered the bag without his master's order since he was very close to Shadow Dragon very much. Twilight and her friends have everything packed in their bags. They're ready to go home and make preparation for Friendship Games.

As Twilight and her friends were on their way back to home, they came across the teenage girl with white hair in two long curly pigtail with headband on her back dressed in her prefect uniform who also worn the orange glasses.

Sugarcoat, a prefect for the Crystal Prep Academy. She enforced the rules in making sure everyone follow it as well as no mistakes and disappointment in her school. She was proud, firm, serious and dedicated prefect to her school and her father's reputation. She never accept defeat or even considered comrades as equal as she desired victory for her school and family. And above all, she has strange way to talk. She shared Applejack's Element of Honesty, though...

"Hi, Sugarcoat." Twilight called.

"Greetings to you indeed. But it is unnecessary for you to greet the low level prefect like me," Sugarcoat said bluntly. Everyone was in shock and surprise as they have forgotten how blunt and quick she speaks. She continued, "Is there something you wish to report? If there isn't, don't get in my way. My father is waiting for me now."

Lance scoffed, "The infamous discipline Drill Sergeant - Strict Stalker..." Lance muttered, "Great..."

"If you have something against my father, I would happy to make a report to Azure Phoenix how foolish and disrespectful you are."

"Wow! Easy! It was just a joke!"

"You should know that I do not joke, Jester. I suggest you should watch your mouth, otherwise you will get expel from here!"

"You can't do that! Can she?"

"I'm happy to try now, Lance Justicestrike."

Lance Justicestrike was about to interrupt but stopped and nudged by Nyx as she said, "Sorry about that. He didn't mean it."

Twilight nodded in agreement, "Please forgive what Lance had said. I promise you that it won't happen again."

"Very well. I accept your forgiveness," Sugarcoat nodded in agreement, "And by the way, remember the talk you have with Zap? That was a really bad speech. You should consider not speaking in public."

"Well... I wasn't very much to sports... Sorry, I couldn't come up with good one."

"It's understandable, Sparkle. Now I must leave. Good day. See you tomorrow morning. I hope you're prepared for Friendship Games. Everyone is depending on us especially you. Don't fail."

With that, Sugarcoat turned and headed off at once.

"Well... At least, Sugarcoat is not bad as other two," Nyx commented in concern "Better as Lemon Zest and Indigo Zap."

Lance sighed, "Yeah... I still don't like her control freak attitude. I have the feeling she's jealous about not getting the title."

"Okay, that's enough." Shadow Dragon said firmly, "Shining Armor is waiting. We'd better keep moving now."

Twilight nodded, "Right. Let's go..."

Twilight and her friends headed off in meeting up with Shining Armor as they're returning home. It seems that not everyone treated Twilight and her friends well as Indigo Zap and Lemon Zest. They really wanted the position so badly. They really hated Twilight Sparkle for stealing it...


As Wondercolts were taking the break, Rainbow Dash took all of her friends including Dragon Strike Force, Cutie Mark Crusaders and Minicons as they all followed Blazefist's trail. She informed her friends about what she saw.

"Are you sure, Rainbow Dash?" Scootaloo asked in concern, "Blazefist has the pupil?"

Sweetie Belle shrugged, "I did not see that coming..."

"Eeyup... No kidding. And I thought that our own friends' secrets are shocking." Apple Bloom remarked.

"I know what I saw. And I don't think she's from Canterlot High either..." Rainbow Dash said seriously. As she and her friends moved the bushes, they came across the open field where they spotted two figure. She gasped, "See what I mean?! I knew it! She's really from Crystal Prep!"

Rainbow Dash and her friends watched Blazefist playing the soccer with Indigo Zap on the open field. Her friends but Dragon Strike Force chatted in shock and surprise. Rainbow really did tell the truth.

"But why didn't Blazefist tell us about this?" Sunset asked in concern.

"You don't trust him." Saber answered. Everyone turned and looked at him. He continued, "He kept it a secret because he knew that you all hated Crystal Prep so much. So, he kept it a secret."

Applejack huffed a bit, "And you didn't tell us why?"

"That wasn't very nice of you all keep the secrets from us again..." Fluttershy said in hurt.

Rarity looked at the event, "I still don't understand is why Blazefist and that Crystal Prep girl get along so well."

Flare Tiger explained, "Would you have understand and believed that Blazefist and Indigo Zap are close best friends like Aquastroke and Rainbow Dash?"

"Flare does have the point," Laxtinct nodded in agreement.

Shorty Thinking sighed, "Both Blaze and Zap haven't see each other since the last year's mission and resignation of coach to Canterlot High. They both missed each other very much."

"Like how much you all missed us," Terrorcreep added.

Mane Six and Cutie Mark Crusaders looked at each other for the moment. They all sighed in defeat. Their friends were right. They would feel the same for not seeing someone they're very close for a long time.

"They do have the point..." Pinkie remarked.

Rainbow Dash turned and looked at the open field. Blazefist continued running while kicking the ball as he was about to make a goal. He kicked a shot. Indigo tried to kick it off but missed. It was a goal.

Indigo Zap groaned in upset as she turned and headed off at once. Blazefist noticed her look as he approached her.

"Indigo," Blazefist called, "What's up? Something bites you? You know you can tell me what's wrong. After all, I'm your coach."

Indigo Zap huffed, "Was a coach..."

"Was that supposed to be mean?"

"You know what I mean! I could have been helping anyone or standing besides with him! I know the world needs the hero but doesn't he know how much I need him! How could he just leave me behind!"

"Indigo..." Blazefist looked down, "You were talking about me, isn't it?

Indigo sobbed tearfully, "How could you, Blaze? You were my big brother I ever had in my life. The one who ever stood up for me, been there for me and care for me like I was being part of the family. And I was proud of it until this stupid mission about magic! How could you..."

Indigo turned and sobbed tearfully as she looked away. Blazefist approached and patted her. She turned and hugged him back.

"I know why you're doing this. I know why you loved her. I know she's important to you as I am. But..." Indigo sobbed tearfully, "Why? Why am I so angry, sad and hurt? I should be happy for you especially the wedding. I was your best girl..."

Blazefist sighed, "Indigo... Yes, I do love her because it's who she is. I chose that school because they gave me something that Crystal Prep couldn't. But there's one thing it never change me the most." He patted her head gently, "It's how much important you are to me. You're like a sister I never had, other than randomly brother. And I'd always be there for you."

"But... But I'm afraid that I may make you look bad and stupid. I don't want that. I don't want to hurt you..."

"I know... But even Crystal Prep win, I'm still proud and happy for you. I always do. Don't be sad. Smile for me. Okay?"

As Indigo Zap wiped her tears off, she looked at Blazefist's happy smile. She smiled a bit before giving him a hug while he hugged her back.

Mane Six and their friends saw everything from the bushes. They were touched by Blazefist and Indigo Zap's emotional reunion. They continued watching hotheaded coach and protege playing the soccer happily and proudly.

Rainbow Dash sighed, "I know how that feels... I feel sorry for her..."

Aquastroke patted Rainbow Dash's shoulder, "Glad to see you understand her, Dash. You know... She's kinda like you."

"Yeah... She sure does..."


In the evening, Twilight and her friends reached home due to Shining Armor and Dean Cadance brought them back home safely. Twilight and all of her family including Shadow Dragon enjoyed eating their dinner and mean chatted with each other very much. Shining Armor doesn't enjoy it much when it involved Shadow Dragon.

Everyone went to bed for sleeping. Inside her sibling duo's bedroom, her siblings were dressed in their sleeping gears - Lance dressed in his black shirt with yellow lightning shapes and red pants and Nyx dressed in her purple pajamas with white stars and moon. Lance was sleeping on his bed. Twilight Sparkle tucked Nyx into her bed while reading a story called 'The Legend of Hero' to her sleepy sister. Spike was sleeping on his crib. As soon as her siblings are sleeping, Twilight left the bedroom and closed it down. Twilight looked up and found Shadow Dragon waiting for her.

Twilight approached and hugged Shadow Dragon passionately and happily. He hugged her back. He carried her up. They both laughed a bit. They then kissed each other's lips passionately and gently.

"You sure have a way to charm the girls. I wonder why?" Twilight teased a bit.

Shadow Dragon shrugged a bit, "Why don't we find out? Let's have our fun."

Twilight giggled happily as she gave his nose a nuzzle, "Oh you..."

Shadow Dragon carried Twilight up with his both arms as he walked all the way into her room. Dragoking was sleeping on the ceiling. Shadow Dragon was dressed in his black sleeveless T-Shirt and navy short pants as he was sleeping on the bed. As he got up, he saw Twilight emerged from her bathroom. She was in same dress as Pony Twilight has except she still has glasses and ponytail.

To Shadow Dragon, she was very beautiful and special girl she ever had in his life. He will do anything to keep her safe. He won't lose her like he lost Iris Crystal...

"What's up?" Twilight asked as she approached her boyfriend.

Shadow Dragon got up and approached Twilight. He touched her right cheek gently, "Did I ever tell you how beautiful you really are?"

Twilight shook her head while blushed. Shadow Dragon smiled as he took her glasses out and ribbon off. Twilight had her hair flow down. She scratched her head gently. He held and carried her up while she had her legs crossed and hold Shadow Dragon's back tight. They both looked at each other happily.

"Why don't we find out?" Shadow Dragon teasingly asked.

Twilight giggled happily as both she and Shadow Dragon kissed each other passionately and happily like any couples would do. He took her straight to the bed. He put her down as they both held each other hands down while kissing.

RING! RING! RING! Both Shadow Dragon and Twilight stopped at once. They both groaned in annoyance. Twilight got up and picked the phone up.

"Hello?" Twilight Sparkle answered.

"Twilight, is that you?!" Schemetrick asked fearfully.

"Minister? What's wrong?"

"Azure! He-!"

Twilight Sparkle's eyes widened in shock and fearfully as she listened to what Minister Schemetrick is saying. Shadow Dragon noticed the looks. Something bad has happened to Azure Phoenix...

To Be Continued...

Review and Suggest...

Author's Note:

This was originally going to be 'The Phoenix's Ashes' since it's gonna involved Azure Phoenix. After writing the story of this, I just found out that it doesn't focus much on him as it focused on Twilight's story and Sunset's story. I might as well drop it. Don't worry, we will get the magic stolen part later...